hulika

Author Topic: True Acoustic Tone  (Read 1174197 times)

Offline gijira

Re: True Acoustic Tone
« Reply #2725 on: June 23, 2010, 07:00:18 PM »
nice playing din by junx. dapat mag rerecord rin kami nung night before kami umalis papunta manila.

eh nagutom, kaya kumain nalang kami ng Humba sa backyard :-D

very nice indeed, galing pala tumugtog junx. audio sample naman ng oo mo.

ayos!  i prefer yung action nung acoustic mo na tinugtog ko dun sa clinic ni Dave.  hehe!  sana makasama na ulit ako sa jam niyo ni Joseph.  sobrang busy lang kasi.

oo nga, i thought it had spectacular action, until i played this one (om). yung nut hight lang talaga itaas ng konteng konte.

pong, how about yung fretboard profile ? makapal ba ? mine is more than 6mm(supposed to be the maximum height). i have to ask junx about it. although im not sure if i want it modified baka mag bago tunog eh.

makapal din fretboard ko, pero i dont have any problem with that. marami consideration pag binago yun. bukod sa action, kasunod bridge & saddle height baka pati neck relief. and the fret wires, medyo mahal yung stainless steels pag nagpalit din nun. tone wise, ebony is neutral, except for the sustain cguro, i might be wrong.

I've been studying alone, thorugh tab rin, kaso masmaganda kung theory based eh. Kasi aminin ko pag walang tab, I can't play anything. Thanks for the suggestions on LJ but I've been listening to him and a lot of other fingerstyle guitarists already. Dami sa youtube!
I'm interested in learning musical theory, fingerstyle guitar (anything in general) and jazz. Lot's of different fields already but I can't quite ground myself to just one. Do you really think classical is a good start? I've heard kasi, strict sila with form (posture) and such, but I do see the benefits of being able to read music on sheets which I can't do.

yun na o! nagoofer na ng tulong. kagagaling ng mga yan! sama mo pa dantuts and maxi. si joseph aka mandarin salpakan ng galing sa sightreading nyan. pag classical naging foundation mo, katikas mo sa tugtugan. papaturo din ako sa mga yan, all excellent in their own field. sana sir joric makadaupang palad ko rin, blues kase pinag aaralan ko ngayon. :roll:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 07:02:14 PM by gijira »
"eat with gusto!
  love passionately!
    play your guitar more!"

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2726 on: June 23, 2010, 10:56:51 PM »
I'm interested in learning musical theory, fingerstyle guitar (anything in general) and jazz. Lot's of different fields already but I can't quite ground myself to just one. Do you really think classical is a good start? I've heard kasi, strict sila with form (posture) and such, but I do see the benefits of being able to read music on sheets which I can't do.

i think its a good start. being strict with form is a good way of disciplining yourself din. and learning musical theory can be taught by any teacher naman, PM mandarin he knows a lot of teachers that can teach you theory.

and you dont have to ground yourself with one playing style. just play , if you like a song (whichever genre it is) learn it. iwas boredom din yan.  :wink:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 11:01:19 PM by dantuts »
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline mandarin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2727 on: June 25, 2010, 12:17:39 AM »
I've been studying alone, thorugh tab rin, kaso masmaganda kung theory based eh. Kasi aminin ko pag walang tab, I can't play anything. Thanks for the suggestions on LJ but I've been listening to him and a lot of other fingerstyle guitarists already. Dami sa youtube!

hi Xcalith

when i studied classical guitar, my intention is to learn to read music in order to play jazz and possibly, other genres.

i got hooked with cg music (rennaissance to modern cg music). I honed my sight reading skills by forcing myself to read any piece (without memorizing para walang daya..)

i took guite a long time for me to be a decent reader but i think i am now reaping the benefits - now, i can read a bit intermediate jazz pieces, reading blues and considering to take serious flamenco lessons.
i also read practically any score within my capabilities.

but i still need to upgrade my skills - my current struggles include:
 reading tab (with standard notation) with the guitar on alternate tuning
 reading written electric guitar music (got lots of technical stuff to learn pa..)
 i also need to expand my listening to other genre
need to work on my memorizing skills
 the list goes on..

i can share with you the thing i know without being to strict just like my training. if you can drop by makati (around 7pm onwars on weekdays), let's have a chat over coffee and jam of course :)

best regards

Offline d20rtu

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2728 on: June 25, 2010, 06:48:49 PM »

i can share with you the thing i know without being to strict just like my training. if you can drop by makati (around 7pm onwars on weekdays), let's have a chat over coffee and jam of course :)

best regards

I personally recommend this.
Too bad I only had a chance to do it once due to busy vacation sched.

Offline Xcalith

« Reply #2729 on: June 25, 2010, 09:31:21 PM »
hi Xcalith

when i studied classical guitar, my intention is to learn to read music in order to play jazz and possibly, other genres.

i got hooked with cg music (rennaissance to modern cg music). I honed my sight reading skills by forcing myself to read any piece (without memorizing para walang daya..)

i took guite a long time for me to be a decent reader but i think i am now reaping the benefits - now, i can read a bit intermediate jazz pieces, reading blues and considering to take serious flamenco lessons.
i also read practically any score within my capabilities.

but i still need to upgrade my skills - my current struggles include:
 reading tab (with standard notation) with the guitar on alternate tuning
 reading written electric guitar music (got lots of technical stuff to learn pa..)
 i also need to expand my listening to other genre
need to work on my memorizing skills
 the list goes on..

best regards

Thank you for the insight on how studying classical guitar can help a lot with other forms of music. This encourages me further to dive right in. My only problem left then would be to find a decent teacher (I've had my share of "bad" teachers) somewhere near my area. Would you happen to know anyone near Marikina?

Also, I appreciate the generous offer but I've been very busy with school (thesis) lately during my weekdays including even Saturdays now. But I do hope that someday I would gladly accept a meet up with you.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2730 on: June 27, 2010, 11:09:46 AM »
sana sir joric makadaupang palad ko rin, blues kase pinag aaralan ko ngayon. :roll:

haha. tamang tama, ni-add kita sa FB kasi gusto ko marinig yung soundclip ng gtr mo.

punta ka sa Conspi on July 3, Sat, meet tayo. Blues Night yun with Jook Jam and PLUG.  i'm thinking of opening the night with some solo stuff just to give my new 00-12 a workout. -)

Offline gijira

« Reply #2731 on: June 28, 2010, 06:58:27 AM »
haha. tamang tama, ni-add kita sa FB kasi gusto ko marinig yung soundclip ng gtr mo.

punta ka sa Conspi on July 3, Sat, meet tayo. Blues Night yun with Jook Jam and PLUG.  i'm thinking of opening the night with some solo stuff just to give my new 00-12 a workout. -)

suddenly my saturday itinerary freed up. this one.. ihave to go! see you :-D
"eat with gusto!
  love passionately!
    play your guitar more!"

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2732 on: June 28, 2010, 09:52:14 AM »
joric post mo na yung harana mo  :-D

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2733 on: June 28, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »
punta ka sa Conspi on July 3, Sat, meet tayo. Blues Night yun with Jook Jam and PLUG.  i'm thinking of opening the night with some solo stuff just to give my new 00-12 a workout. -)

i'll try to be there!  i really want to hear your guitar live!  :-D
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2734 on: June 28, 2010, 11:11:34 AM »
suddenly my saturday itinerary freed up. this one.. ihave to go! see you :-D

Great!  Hey, bring your guitar. That I gotta see (and hear)!  -)

PS - I hope you like your blues raw. -)

i'll try to be there!  i really want to hear your guitar live!  :-D

Ayus, the more the manyer! -)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2735 on: June 28, 2010, 11:23:01 AM »
joric post mo na yung harana mo  :-D

kunsintidor!  post ko pics pag nakuha ko yung hi-res pics. padala daw ni junx yung cd.  meantime, i-oggle niyo na lang muna sa FB page ko. haha.

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2736 on: June 28, 2010, 11:41:05 AM »
kunsintidor!  post ko pics pag nakuha ko yung hi-res pics. padala daw ni junx yung cd.  meantime, i-oggle niyo na lang muna sa FB page ko. haha.
ah mag priprint ka nang tarpulin noh ?  :-D
grab mo nalang yung sa FB nya. link mo dito para makita nila  :wink:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2737 on: June 28, 2010, 11:50:29 AM »
BTW, i'm now taking suggestions for my next custom build project for Junx. i'm leaning towards:

Gibson L-1 (Robert Johnson guitar) because it's instant "blues guitar". Junx mentioned he is planning on building one and is about to buy plans.

Martin OM-45  - because it would be more versatile and would look purty doing it (like Ray Caballero's... hehe). i'd like the version w/ slotted peghead but still w/ torch inlay, like the one on the left below:

Any other suggestions?

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2738 on: June 28, 2010, 11:57:42 AM »
@joric,

i'm leaning towards the L1

how about a slotted headstock for the L1 ? what do you think?

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2739 on: June 28, 2010, 12:05:07 PM »
Gibson L-1 (Robert Johnson guitar) because it's instant "blues guitar". Junx mentioned he is planning on building one and is about to buy plans.

this would fit you like a glove.  instant blues vibe.   :-D

Offline gijira

« Reply #2740 on: June 28, 2010, 10:41:42 PM »
Great!  Hey, bring your guitar. That I gotta see (and hear)!  -)

PS - I hope you like your blues raw. -)

Ayus, the more the manyer! -)

ok, i'll bring that one. Blues.. cooked or raw, pwede saken. tsaka "pong" na lang po, wag na ray tawag nya saken, kinikilabutan ako.
"eat with gusto!
  love passionately!
    play your guitar more!"

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2741 on: June 29, 2010, 12:11:27 AM »
this would fit you like a glove.  instant blues vibe.   :-D

+1 :-D

Saturday, i'm there! :-)
Fidelity means a horrible noise sounds like a horrible noise.

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2742 on: June 29, 2010, 11:18:38 AM »
BTW, i'm now taking suggestions for my next custom build project for Junx. i'm leaning towards:

Martin OM-45  - because it would be more versatile and would look purty doing it (like Ray Caballero's... hehe). i'd like the version w/ slotted peghead but still w/ torch inlay, like the one on the left below:

Any other suggestions?

yun 47' Gibson LG2 nalang... may mojo na :evil:

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2743 on: June 29, 2010, 11:26:17 AM »
haran tone party din tayo.... :evil:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2744 on: June 29, 2010, 04:24:22 PM »
This might be great for fingerstyle too: 000. The body is shaped like a 14-fret 000 or OM guitar, but the neck joins at the 12th fret.

I once had an 000 14-fret (Johnson, MIC) but poor wood limited its potential. Muddy and honky.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:25:50 PM by deltaslim »

Offline JohnnyBGoode

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2745 on: June 29, 2010, 05:49:29 PM »
Question lang po...

ano po kaya ung best strings for an acoustic guitar na marerecommend nio?

an tigas na kasi ung strings nung gitara e. sobrang masakit sa kamay..

thanks.  :-) :-D :lol: 8-) :mrgreen: :wink:
All I Have to say is "asphinctersayswhat"

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2746 on: June 29, 2010, 06:34:35 PM »
baka mataas ang action.... standard ang 12's or lights

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2747 on: June 30, 2010, 01:22:16 PM »
this just in:  ZT Lunchbox Acoustic:-D

sold my SWR California Blonde for this amplifier since i don't need a big acoustic amp for events/gigs anyway. 

this is a 2-channel, 200-watt little monster.  it gets really loud but of course it still won't match up with a bigger speaker.  i'll post a review once i'm done with it.  :-)

Offline gijira

« Reply #2748 on: June 30, 2010, 09:54:53 PM »
this just in:  ZT Lunchbox Acoustic:-D

sold my SWR California Blonde for this amplifier since i don't need a big acoustic amp for events/gigs anyway. 

this is a 2-channel, 200-watt little monster.  it gets really loud but of course it still won't match up with a bigger speaker.  i'll post a review once i'm done with it.  :-)

wow maxi! ive been gassing for that one! that would be a perfect match with my silent guitar! isang dalahan lang, gitara at amp. review!
"eat with gusto!
  love passionately!
    play your guitar more!"

Offline rainierito

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2749 on: July 01, 2010, 07:57:01 AM »
share ko lang, process ng pag gawa ng flamenco guitar
tsalap tignan eh
http://www.hallgrenguitars.com/Per_Hallgren,_Guitarmaker/The_workshop.html
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 08:12:35 AM by rainierito »