hulika

Author Topic: PC Based Audio Engineering Mini Workshop Part 2 at The Music Source  (Read 8492 times)

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
PC Based Audio Engineering Mini Workshop Part 2 at The Music Source

Yes! the workshop will be held at The Music Source

Time and Date: 10am - 4pm July 7 2007

Topics: Actual Mixing and Technics - Cubase, Sonar and Audition

Fee: Php 500.00 only

Sign-up now!

good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
Yun na!!! GAS GALORE!!!!

1 marvinq
2 marvinq
3 marvinq
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 01:43:11 PM by marvinq »
============
Marvin Querido
http://www.facebook.com/MVQMusic ============

Offline uno

• Philmusicus Addictus
yabadabadooo! :lol:

1 marvinq
2 marvinq
3 marvinq
4 uno

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
marvinq,

napaandar ko ung Andromeda last sat.  :-D damn thing is perfect for techno.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic

nice!  was askin to try it out before, but they told me they had problems with it, so i didn't bother.  i'm assumin it was you who tried it before.  friendly people those music source guys.

:-) :-) :-)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 02:40:31 PM by x_taxi »
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator

nice!  was askin to try it out before, but they told me they had problems with it, so i didn't bother.  i'm assumin it was you who tried it before.  friendly people those music source guys.

:-) :-) :-)

Been eyeing that synth for months. Last sat was the only time I got to even touch it. They said they couldn't get it to sound. All I did was turn it on, have it tune itself, next I was trying out all the sounds and mixes, and sweeping the ribbon and filters about. Nice arps on those keys, good feeling synth-action keyboard too. Someone left it transposed so you can't access the arps one octave below. Good thing I own an Alesis QS6.  8-)
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
wow, i hope i find time for part 2 :) 
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
@kit -- finally! somebody got it to make a sound. then again, i'd already figured out, if somebody could do it, it would've had to be you. congratulations. haha.

@hazel -- punta ka ha. ako, hahabol din. i'll be coming from bacolod, then i'm heading straight to TMS as soon as i arrive.
============
Marvin Querido

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
1 marvinq
2 marvinq
3 marvinq
4 uno
15 peeves (waiting on my bossing's permit to attend)

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
marvinq,

Kit, have you joined the dark side and got yourself an Andromeda? Congrats:) As a synth fan, you'll love it. For an even spacier dose of what the Andromeda can do, try hooking up the bugger to a Roland Space Echo.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 10:08:38 AM by abyssinianson »
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: PC Based Audio Engineering Mini Workshop Part 2 at The Music Source
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 10:58:58 AM »
Kit, have you joined the dark side and got yourself an Andromeda?

I just tried it out over at TMS and everything, I mean everything, I've ever read about it is true! That thing is seriously PHAT! Haven't gotten it yet, but I've been wanting to put it thru its paces ever since I saw in TMS. Time to save up the dosh to afford it... and yes, it's leading me to the dark side.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 12:29:32 PM »
Kit, have you joined the dark side and got yourself an Andromeda?

I just tried it out over at TMS and everything, I mean everything, I've ever read about it is true! That thing is seriously PHAT! Haven't gotten it yet, but I've been wanting to put it thru its paces ever since I saw in TMS. Time to save up the dosh to afford it... and yes, it's leading me to the dark side.

yeah, Alesis really did a good job on the Andromeda. As much as I am a Moog fan, my Voyager is nowhere near as flexible as the Andromeda and it outright beat the Access Virus as far as phatness, IMO. Techno, trance, house..even minimalist broken beat is fair play for the Andromeda. The guy that sold me the unit said that the Andromeda is one of those units that will be a permanent part of every keys enthusiast for years to come just like the Roland JP-8000 became a mainstay in many people's studios over the years.

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 12:57:10 PM »
...now i feel bad about letting go of my JP8080. :-(
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 01:01:37 PM by marvinq »
============
Marvin Querido

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 02:17:54 PM »
...now i feel bad about letting go of my JP8080. :-(

I kept mine along with my trusty Korg MS-2000:) Sókay, they go for cheap nowadays and you can find them used somewhere.

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 12:17:10 PM »
yeah, i know. i sold them quite cheap too. waaaaaaah! haha.

sigh. i assumed too much that software synths are only gonna get better, and pretty soon they're gonna be better than the jp. well, maybe, but sometimes when you find the sound you really like, you don't want it to become better...

maybe trying to race kitc to the alesis andromeda will make me feel a little better. hahaha.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 12:24:12 PM by marvinq »
============
Marvin Querido

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 12:33:11 PM »
Update:

1 marvinq
2 marvinq
3 marvinq
4 uno
5 Yvette - from sigh band

Offline louise

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 08:14:48 PM »
Update:

1 marvinq
2 marvinq
3 marvinq
4 uno
5 Yvette - from sigh band
7 louise (not sure)

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 09:18:08 PM »

sigh. i assumed too much that software synths are only gonna get better, and pretty soon they're gonna be better than the jp. well, maybe, but sometimes when you find the sound you really like, you don't want it to become better...

maybe trying to race kitc to the alesis andromeda will make me feel a little better. hahaha.

aha! another Andromeda convert! While you guys look to the Alesis, i am on the hunt for an older Jupiter 8.

i love software synths because I can work on songs at the aiport or somewhere else other than a studio, however, (for me) software synths have yet to beat the temperamental nature of keyboards, racks and modular gear that I really, really like. I love tweaking knobs and pushing buttons so I have a tendency to gravitate towards older gear where tactile sensation is a great component of making music.

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 09:33:14 AM »

aha! another Andromeda convert! While you guys look to the Alesis, i am on the hunt for an older Jupiter 8.

i love software synths because I can work on songs at the aiport or somewhere else other than a studio, however, (for me) software synths have yet to beat the temperamental nature of keyboards, racks and modular gear that I really, really like. I love tweaking knobs and pushing buttons so I have a tendency to gravitate towards older gear where tactile sensation is a great component of making music.

OT:  i have recently been playing around with software synths and having owned a roland sh101 very briefly, i think there is a HUGE difference in the way hardware synths (especially vintage stuff with real knobs and faders) affect one's musical ideas and performance.  there is no denying that real knobs and faders make the whole music making process more intuitive, spontaneous, and speedy. :)  i hope to be able to utilize the behringer's knobs in the same way but im such an idiot when it comes to MIDI, hehe. 
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2007, 09:37:17 AM »
aha! another Andromeda convert! While you guys look to the Alesis, i am on the hunt for an older Jupiter 8....

i know i must've seen one (jupiter 8) in jun regalado's studio way back in the late 80's. i wonder if it's still working.

jepoy, sorry for the OT
============
Marvin Querido

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007, 12:55:49 PM »
hey... no new signups for quite a while. is everybody deciding on the last minute, or are most of our co-forumers losing interest this early?  :-(
============
Marvin Querido

Offline stilljey

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007, 03:45:12 PM »
sir jeps birds eye view ng TMS site like what you did sa Bamf lab.

Offline moHaWk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 01:14:38 AM »
hey... no new signups for quite a while. is everybody deciding on the last minute, or are most of our co-forumers losing interest this early?  :-(

awwwwww wag naman sana! huhuhuhu
wag mo problemahin ang problema, hayaan mong problema mamroblema sayo!!!!!

Pag ang lason ba na-expire lason parin?

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 08:40:41 AM »
oo nga eh.

we can't be passive about this, if we really want this to be a regular thing.

attend na, mga kapatid. and help spread the word.
============
Marvin Querido

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 12:06:50 PM »
sa saturday na to... la pa bang mag sign up?