hulika

Author Topic: GC people i have a suggestion ;)  (Read 7190 times)

Offline Boosted

• Forum Fanatic
GC people i have a suggestion ;)
« on: June 15, 2010, 11:24:05 AM »
why not make sub forums for guitar central?

maybe guitar gear central and a guitar skill central?

so people who likes to talk about gear can share what they know about whatever gear and not get those its in the fingers thingy..

and people who are satisfied with their gear can share more about their guitar playing techniques, tips, etc

para makaiwas din sa mga 'im better than you even if im using a stick with a rubberband, because its in my fingers'   :-D

hehe just a suggestion  :wink:

what do you guys think? :)

Offline jmreyes

• Forum Fanatic
Re: GC people i have a suggestion ;)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 11:59:22 AM »
Great idea. Its a long shot but i hope it gets implemented.
Some people here just cant disagree nicely and accept someone else's opinion and point of view. They quickly get offended when they feel their guitar heros and their gear gets put into question. It gets ugly fast and turns a healthy discussion into a bashfest.

+1 on the suggestion.
LF: Mojo

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 12:12:06 PM »
@topic and suggestion its doable, sure you can segregate the two..it'll come to bite back eventually..

i think what is needed is a certain level of maturity for alot..its an open discussion group so just discuss on your points.. not dis and cuss

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 12:16:00 PM »
let's talk gear at TGP  :lol: people there love gear. love love love gear  :lol:

great idea man!  :-)

Offline Ryn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 12:17:34 PM »
If PM would make a subforum, it would be nice to make one on the classifieds to better segregate the items being sold there.

as for the guitar gear central, there are lots of guitar gear threads here. as for the guitar skill, well we have "The Music School" for that.

para makaiwas din sa mga 'im better than you even if im using a stick with a rubberband, because its in my fingers'   :-D

simple lang iwasan yan, wag mo pansinin hehe. seriously, this will never end even if you created a subforum for the gears and skill.

lets say PM created a subforum for this, one guy created a thread in the gear forum and started bashing (or one may perceive it to be bashing) a known guitar brand then one guy on the skill forum read about this, patay na another endless debate will rise. same goes vise versa.

bottomline, stop bashing and learn how to respect regardless of how deep your pocket is or how good you play.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 12:23:45 PM »
@Ryn,

Keyword: Maturity..its important, and im not talking about dropping yam sacks

Offline Ryn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 12:26:24 PM »
@Ryn,

@bryan,

I agree

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 12:27:57 PM »
Yup. I think there should be a gear discussion section and guitar playing discussion section. BOTH are important but there really is a need to separate them as they could really contradict in some discussions and can be used abusively to prove self right and others wrong

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 12:28:59 PM »
let's talk gear at TGP  :lol: people there love gear. love love love gear  :lol:

great idea man!  :-)
they love klons there. no love for the brootalz.
 :lol:

and yes i'm half joking

Offline Boosted

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 12:32:44 PM »
as for the guitar gear central, there are lots of guitar gear threads here. as for the guitar skill, well we have "The Music School" for that.

i think a few threads that'll try to cover all guitar gear is kulang. imho
amps, guitars, cables, picks, pedals.. 5 na agad un. pano pa ung mga under pa sa mga categories na un. ;)

simple lang iwasan yan, wag mo pansinin hehe. seriously, this will never end even if you created a subforum for the gears and skill.

hmm... if ndi natin papansinin we would never know why, for example, artists that uses line6 modellers are switching to axe fx.

lets say PM created a subforum for this, one guy created a thread in the gear forum and started bashing (or one may perceive it to be bashing) a known guitar brand then one guy on the skill forum read about this, patay na another endless debate will rise. same goes vise versa.

then the one who jumped forums is out of place. diba? mas makakaiwas tayo sa mga ganun.. we'll ask him to be on topic.

bottomline, stop bashing and learn how to respect regardless of how deep your pocket is or how good you play.

agree. lets make PM more educational

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 12:41:26 PM »
Good idea, but the thing is that we already have a Music School forum as well. Anyway, I'm vouching for this idea. I'll suggest this to the big bosses. Thanks, Chris!
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 01:32:32 PM »
I think that the most logical thing in splitting up GC is to split it up as:
1. Gear (gear news, acquisitions, tech tips, buying advice, diy's, gear videos/soundclips, etc)
2. Guitar school (spin off from the Music School)
3. Anything guitar (artists, rants, heroes, news, projects, etc)

I'll add to this and bring this up sa Forum Suggestions forum na rin :)
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 01:35:54 PM »
No matter what anyone does, guitarists will always find something to argue about.
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline quaternotetriplet

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 01:39:51 PM »
why not make sub forums for guitar central?

maybe guitar gear central and a guitar skill central?

so people who likes to talk about gear can share what they know about whatever gear and not get those its in the fingers thingy..

and people who are satisfied with their gear can share more about their guitar playing techniques, tips, etc

hehe just a suggestion  :wink:

what do you guys think? :)
and also make sub forum for DIY people.
h

Offline nancy brew

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 01:46:13 PM »
No matter what anyone does, guitarists will always find something to argue about.

Argue-tarists.  :-D
Soli Deo Gloria.

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 01:54:51 PM »
1. Gear (gear news, acquisitions, tech tips, buying advice, diy's, gear videos/soundclips, etc)

i like

agree, meron lang kasing iba na ayaw tumanggap ng opinion ng iba, meron naman gusto isaksak sa isipan nng iba yung idea n'ya

@Ryn,

i like

If PM would make a subforum, it would be nice to make one on the classifieds to better segregate the items being sold there.

gasgas na gasgas na 'to pero hindi mawawala ang mga nananadya o hindi lang talaga makaintindi  :lol:
kaya minsan masarap din manadya haha  :evil:

Offline neiloid

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 02:19:29 PM »

+1

mas specific pag ganito.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 02:24:43 PM »

I guess this ends here.
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline alvinratsim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 04:21:16 PM »
Great idea Chris! And to add up to that ,we should also have a bashing area, para duon lahat magpataasan ng ihi..
"If you want to play like the big boys, you've got to play what the big boys play"

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 05:32:53 PM »
Great idea Chris! And to add up to that ,we should also have a bashing area, para duon lahat magpataasan ng ihi..

Hindi na natin kaylangan nyan kapatid.  :wink:
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 05:47:59 PM »
I don't know... the other sections don't need it. Why should GC? Because there are more people here?

I honestly think the forum is structurally sound as it is. As bryan implied, yung ugali ng ibang mga members ang problema.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 11:12:56 PM »
for the sake of being argumentative, i disagree. :-D

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 11:32:49 PM »
I don't know... the other sections don't need it. Why should GC? Because there are more people here?
I honestly think the forum is structurally sound as it is. As bryan implied, yung ugali ng ibang mga members ang problema.

it has a good structure but if its a sub-forum they want that will be up to the main admin of this site..

for the sake of being argumentative, i disagree. :-D

lol good point

william251082

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 11:50:55 PM »
Oks lang naman ang argument ah, kaya nga forum eh. Oks yung suggestion ng TS, para hindi na lang palagi ginagatungan ng tungkol sa playing skills yung mga gear topic.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 12:11:48 AM »
Oks lang naman ang argument ah, kaya nga forum eh. Oks yung suggestion ng TS, para hindi na lang palagi ginagatungan ng tungkol sa playing skills yung mga gear topic.
i disagree :lol:

basta. read the first few posts (para alam mo what you're getting into), keep it on topic. if its about gear, keep it boring and keep it about gear. if you can't be boring, be quiet (there's an anything goes forum. if you just want to post lang kasi you insist on practicing your god given right to do so, do it there). voice your opinion, don't shove it down someone's throat (people generally don't like it, even when you sugarcoat your shiz). if you can't get ALL the people in the world (or at least in 3 different countries) to agree with you, then what you're saying ISN'T FACT (even if you claim you can prove it), have enough common sense to stop insisting that it is. its irritating and at the same time irresistible to trolls like me. laugh (-> :lol:) at posts intended as jokes. "+1"-ing them makes you look like an idiot who didn't get it. if "+1"-ed it kasi you didn't get it, then its ok. maybe you ARE an idiot. that's perfectly valid and we can't blame you for that. we can troll you for it though. don't react negatively to a post that was meant as a joke. even if it was made at your expense. it makes you look like an even bigger idiot than the one who "+1"-ed it. ignore the trolls, don't feed them.

and that's the bottom line, because stone cold broke his leg AND THEN SAID SO.