hulika

Author Topic: anong bagay i-pair sa duncan distortion (bridge)?  (Read 4007 times)

Offline m1k3

• Philmusicus Addictus
anong bagay i-pair sa duncan distortion (bridge)?
« on: March 07, 2006, 08:20:07 AM »
i need help. my guitar has a duncan distortion for the bridge and a stock pick up for the neck. i want to change the neck pick up with another seymour duncan but i'm not really sure what's the best pick up to combine with the duncan distortion. i checked out seymour duncan's site. i read that the duncan distortion is often paired with a jazz model, when i check out the jazz model's specs it said that it is often paired with a duncan custom pick up. when i checked out duncan custom's specs it said a different model to pair with. it was confusing, i didn't get what i was asking for...
my guitar is a LP imitation with bolt on neck and plywood body.

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 09:02:32 AM »
what style on music?

i'm guessing that you're very happy with the distortion bridge on your guitar?
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 09:53:10 AM »
my guitar has two Seymour Duncan SH-6 Distortion humbuckets and it works quite well naman for me. i would've wanted a Jazz neck pickup but on sale kasi yung nakita ko sa shop dati na two-pack SH-6 pickups so kinuha ko na lang para makamura. for me, Jazz pickup is the way pero try mo din yung iba coz you may have a different taste on guitar tone. :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline m1k3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 09:57:16 PM »
Quote from: fretburner
what style on music?

before i'm into blues then naging heavy metal music but now in going back to what i really like which is blues.

Offline m1k3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 10:04:36 PM »
Quote from: VenusIsle_5150
my guitar has two Seymour Duncan SH-6 Distortion humbuckets and it works quite well naman for me. i would've wanted a Jazz neck pickup but on sale kasi yung nakita ko sa shop dati na two-pack SH-6 pickups so kinuha ko na lang para makamura. for me, Jazz pickup is the way pero try mo din yung iba coz you may have a different taste on guitar tone. :)

napapaisip nga ako dun sa jazz model and also i'm considering another sh-6. what's your stly of playing?

Offline balta

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 10:13:31 PM »
kasi if true rock yung thing mo, like the other guy pair it with another distortion pup. I actually am selling one if you are interested. a jackson duncan distortion designed pickups for neck and bridge (pero i guess neck lang applicable for you in this case). i'll be selling it for 1.7k or cheaper if u want. thanks thanks! 09178012261  

pero i also suggest mag jazz pickup ka for the variety of sound.

Offline kevlahnota

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 12:08:47 AM »
+1 for the SD jazz pickup on the neck. pede ring PAF if you like.

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 12:20:12 AM »
Quote from: m1k3
Quote from: fretburner
what style on music?

before i'm into blues then naging heavy metal music but now in going back to what i really like which is blues.

the duncan APH1 Alnico II Pro is the consumate blues pickup... I'm just not sure how it will do with the plywood body of your guitar...

the safe choice would be the duncan 59... it can do blues and metal...

the Jazz is also a good choice... it's duncan's most articulate pickup... and from what i've heard/read, the only difference between the Jazz and APH1 are the magnets.

btw, if you're strictly metal, get a duncan distortion neck.

rock on!

Offline Overbending1

• Philmusicus Noobitus
well as far as i'm concerned
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 01:17:54 AM »
ny duncan distortion is paired with an X2N. and that works fine with me. haha
making a guitar solo is similar to writing an essay; you start with words, which make up sentences, fragments, and paragraphs.  but what makes it cohesive is the story, the emotion, the style, the feel, and the passion to express oneself.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 05:56:42 AM »
Quote from: m1k3

napapaisip nga ako dun sa jazz model and also i'm considering another sh-6. what's your stly of playing?

for blues metal/shred yung guitar na nilagyan ko ng SH-6 pickups bro. ayos din yung SH-6 sa neck for solos pero medyo ma-mid yung tonal characteristics nya. Jazz or Alnico II Pro neck pickup pa rin :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline m1k3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 09:34:27 PM »
thanks for the info mga bro!

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 09:52:35 PM »
Are their a combination of pickups that would come close to Mark Tremonti's tone? Especially on cleans... :?:

Offline bdc3

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 09:53:49 PM »
bro i have a SD aph1 alnico pro II pup for sale 2k5 only. text me 09275346515

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 01:49:37 AM »
Quote from: Red_Strat
Are their a combination of pickups that would come close to Mark Tremonti's tone? Especially on cleans... :?:

Not sure, but he does a lot of drop-tuning and has a very tight and compressed tone for rythmn... so I guess, if you want to go Duncan, then the DD, and Dimebucker (and perhaps Custom) will do fine for the bridge. I haven't heard of his new band yet, but the 59 neck or PG neck will do fine with those two choices.

Tremonti's PRS are mahoganies, so you will need bright pickups.

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 04:32:24 PM »
Easiest way to go would be to get a PRS Tremonti SE. It' still friggin' expensive.  :(