hulika

Author Topic: My New Blues and classic rock setup  (Read 3067 times)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
My New Blues and classic rock setup
« on: October 23, 2006, 05:16:46 AM »
I went to Carvin Sunset yesterday...drop off my MTS3212 combo for repair...nobody was there so I decided to try out the vintage series amps...since I already have the Legacy and the MTS....spent 1 hour inside the booth with the vintage 16, Nomad, and Bell Air.....got a nice looking bolt on strat Carvin guitar from the shelf and fire away.... had all the amps up ...cranked.... obviously the Bel Air and Nomad where the ones calling my name. I was totally blown away by the sounds I'm getting. I was getting really nice blues and rock tones from it....CRANKED....but I don't need a 2x12 ...decided to get a Nomad....1x12 ...light...exactly the same amp as the Bel Air but with only one speaker...an 8 ohm Celestion Vintage 30. It has all the nice stuff..effects loop, footswitch, ohm selector switch,acoustic presence knob, a voiced cabinet line out....sweet.

...when I came out with the guitar and the cable at hand...2 salesperson approached me and said...."Do you still have your hearing, buddy?"...and laughed...little did I know that while I was wailing away...the whole store was listening to me.....hahahahaha...I said, I thought the room was sound proof? ....the salesperson said...do you see any soundproof material in there?.....so advice to people whos gonna try out the booth...lower down the volume.........but really I enjoyed tryiing out all 3 amps and just having a time in my life in that little booth.

The clean and soak channel is what I'm looking for blues and classic stuff.....don't need no pedal in between my guitar and amp anymore. And when I crank up the soak, I love the harmonics it produce...really really different from the MTS and Legacy....can even get 80s metal tone with it. :-*

I think I'm gonna stop buying guitars for awhile and collect amps now.....amps that I like...not collectable and botique ones.....here is my new blues and rock setup... ;D

« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 05:20:35 AM by Phil »
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: My New Blues and classic rock setup
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 05:27:25 AM »
Nice! You sure are a proud Carvin owner. :) Blues fest na ito. ;D
Fidelity means a horrible noise sounds like a horrible noise.

Offline bunyok23

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 05:31:41 AM »
carvin is very under- rated.  their guitars are really awesome. better than prs i think.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 08:43:03 AM »
carvin is very under- rated.  their guitars are really awesome. better than prs i think.
Oh yeah....that bolt (their strat copy model).....sounded awesome....it's all USA parts and USA made down their in San Diego....honestly, it played better than US high end Fender strats....but I'm a brand snob...so I go for the original Fender.

...will post some clips soon....just the amp and the guitar.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 09:21:18 AM by Phil »

Offline geetar_geek79

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 09:34:33 AM »
Yey!  Talagang poster child ng Carvin si Phil!!! :-D  Nice buy...

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 09:46:49 AM »
Yey!  Talagang poster child ng Carvin si Phil!!! :-D  Nice buy...
its hard to change to other brands when you've been happy with them...and you know the amp inside and out too. :mrgreen:

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 09:48:44 AM »
nice amp Phil!! bell air's (2x12) one of the amps i was eyeing when i was there last summer!! :mrgreen:
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 09:53:16 AM »
nice amp Phil!! bell air's (2x12) one of the amps i was eyeing when i was there last summer!! :mrgreen:
yeah..acutally its the same amp....1 more speaker lang ang Bel Air. Ddi you try it in one of their booths?....cranked? SRV and Gary Moore was calling my name when I did it....."buy it..buy it....then Moore said ...you foooken bloddy idyot...buy the bloody amp you bloke!!!!".....then I bought it. :mrgreen:

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 10:02:36 AM »
Hanep Phil!  Tindi ng GAS mo.  Sarap ng may budget...  Teka, anong sira ng MTS? 

Hintayin namin clips!  :mrgreen:

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 10:09:33 AM »
great setup there, Phil. simple and in-your-face! coincidentally, i've been playing guitar for the past couple of weeks without using my pedals. saksak lang sa amp, rekta power hehe..

musta si 60th Anniversary Strat? enjoy ba sa S-1 switching/SCN pickups? :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 10:12:11 AM »
Nice. It's a good thing you weren't arrested for disturbing the peace at the keyboard department.

Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 10:20:55 AM »
While you were there you should've asked the manager for a Carvin endrosement deal since all you amps are Carvin, anyways, haha :-P

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 10:49:27 AM »
i-gig mo na yan phil! 8-)hanap kitang banda....tapos kuha tayo ng endorsement sa carvin. :mrgreen: :-D
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »
OT..

phil since marami kang alam sa mga carvin products..

do you know what carvin strat jason becker was using ...

thanks..
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 11:58:48 AM »
While you were there you should've asked the manager for a Carvin endrosement deal since all you amps are Carvin, anyways, haha :-P
dude..the salesperson..Randy was carrying my amp to my car and saw that big Carvin sticker on my car rear window...he had a big smile and said, wow..you also have our car sticker....I told him ..I got it from last years Socal Bash...I think he knows...I'm a Carvin loyalist 'coz he was telling me all the stuff they have like clinics and all that crap. :mrgreen:(afro powah!!)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 12:05:29 PM »
OT..

phil since marami kang alam sa mga carvin products..

do you know what carvin strat jason becker was using ...

thanks..
...yeah I love Carvin ...but I'm into their tube amps only...their guitars are really good though....sorry can't help you with that.. but if you are in the mood of researching....heres a link of a non Carvin owned site dedicated to Carvin products only.

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/