hulika

Author Topic: METALLICA: Watching Them LIVE... How is it?  (Read 5753 times)

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
METALLICA: Watching Them LIVE... How is it?
« on: January 09, 2017, 07:50:26 PM »
Hello folks.

Less than two weeks from now me and two of my ex-bandmates will be going to Singapore to watch Metallica. Right now I cannot sleep (except with one eye open, and gripping my pillow right) properly because I am excited a* f*** when January 22 comes. Metallica was our biggest influence as musicians and we're pretty much hardcore fans to death. From since we were teenagers up to now that we're in our late 20s we still listen and play Metallica 24/7, so basically this is a dream come true for us.

Drama aside...

May mga nakapanood na ba ng Metallica dito ng live? How are they live in concerts? What should we expect? Shall we buy a couple of sheets of Salonpas before heading home to Manila?

Thanks! :)

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: METALLICA: Watching Them LIVE... How is it?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 08:02:11 PM »
^ sabi ng uncle ko, way back 90's madumi daw magitara si Kirk ng live. It was way back a long time ago. I don't know kung ganun parin sya sa live.
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 03:32:45 PM »
^ sabi ng uncle ko, way back 90's madumi daw magitara si Kirk ng live. It was way back a long time ago. I don't know kung ganun parin sya sa live.

Ah talaga? Well, judging from current performances, Kirk has gotten worse. Although he does the job. Pero gusto ko siya ma-judge in person haha. Excited na ako. :P

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 08:13:37 PM »
pay more attention to lars. lol. he does not get better album after album. lol.
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 06:21:15 PM »
pay more attention to lars. lol. he does not get better album after album. lol.

I beg to disagree, Lars was f-in solid last Sunday in Singapore. He may not do the exact beats he does in their songs in the past but he played really clean.

I don't know how to describe this, but seeing them live made my life complete. I was also literally crying in the middle of "Master of Puppets" hahahaha!

They didn't play "Creeping Death", "Four Horsemen", "Battery", and "Sanitarium" though. Kirk and James messed up in the harmony part of "Fight Fire With Fire" but they recovered quickly.

Probably the best concert of my life. Hell, it is the greatest moment of my life. Metallica forever!