hulika

Author Topic: Did I just waste 600 pesos?  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Did I just waste 600 pesos?
« on: July 20, 2017, 02:31:18 PM »
I got a Son of Snark clip-on tuner @ Lyric Glo today then quickly realized that it might damage Nitro finish on Les Paul headstocks. Not sure if I should dispose this for cheap and just get a pedal tuner. Has anyone experienced indentations on Nitro-finished headstocks with these clip-ons?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 03:20:09 PM by Skybox »
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline mds09

• Netizen Level
Re: Did I just waste 600 pesos?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 02:38:33 PM »
Wag mo lang i leave ng matagal sa headstock sir. Remove it nlng pag in tune ka na to be safe..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 02:38:46 PM »
basta wag lang matagal sa headstock. i mean- clip, tune, then detach if you are playing. okay lang naman na nakaclip habang nagplaplay basta wag lang sobrang tagal or overnight.
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 02:54:59 PM »
I got a Son of Snark clip-on tuner @ Lyric Glo today then quickly realized that it might damage Nitro finish on Les Paul headstocks. Not sure not if I should dispose this for cheap and just get a pedal tuner. Has anyone experienced indentations on Nitro-finished headstocks with these clip-ons?

di naman. i use it to tune then pag tapos na, remove agad sa headstock. personally i don't like using it due to the fixed angle. madalas mahirap tingnan yung screen lalo na pag mahina na yung charge ng battery. either get a pedal or a polytune clip.
doh!!!

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 05:57:12 PM »
Put waxpaper on the sides that clip on to the headstock?
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline tolits guapo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 12:56:44 AM »
pwede ka rin gumamit ng low tack na masking tape sa pagiipitan mo nung tuner.
If we don't take action now
We settle for nothing later

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 01:20:09 AM »
di ba most of the clip tuners available have rubbers on the clip part? I guess it wont damage any of the finish unless there's no rubber in it.
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 07:05:51 AM »
di ba most of the clip tuners available have rubbers on the clip part? I guess it wont damage any of the finish unless there's no rubber in it.

Hi po...on the contrary, rubber reacts to nitro finishes (or is it the other way around?  :-D) badly. That's why it is often advised to cover the padding portion of guitar stands/racks/hangers with something if the guitar is nitro finished.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 08:35:01 AM »
how about putting a piece of cloth before you clip the tuner?
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 02:12:12 PM »
hindi naman paps. naitanong ko na dati yan. wala naman kaso gamitin sa nitro finish unless iwan mo si son of snark ng matagal sa headstock and subject to head and temp change.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 07:55:44 PM »

Hi po...on the contrary, rubber reacts to nitro finishes (or is it the other way around?  :-D) badly. That's why it is often advised to cover the padding portion of guitar stands/racks/hangers with something if the guitar is nitro finished.
ow sorry. Don't have any idea that rubber damages nitro finishes though.  :lol:

Skybox, if you have plans of selling it. let me know. My bandmate wants a clip tuner.  :-D
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 07:47:31 AM »
ow sorry. Don't have any idea that rubber damages nitro finishes though.  :lol:

Skybox, if you have plans of selling it. let me know. My bandmate wants a clip tuner.  :-D

Thanks for all your responses guys. I used it at a gig last night with a Gibson Les Paul Premium Plus. Played 15 songs straight. Tuned pretty much in between every song.

I love its size coz I could tune quickly and then stash it back into my jacket pocket. I didn't leave it on the headstock as some of you suggested. Mukhang di naman nag react sa Nitro finish.

Nico, I would definitely recommend this to your bandmate. It's cheap as chips and it works as expected.
#DigitalHiyaw