hulika

Author Topic: What cables do you use?  (Read 99400 times)

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
What cables do you use?
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2006, 12:08:52 AM »
yung sa akin Deeco-assembled. cable nya yung color black na tig-13 pesos per metro, unang choice co yung red pero mahal ng dalawampiso :D

generic yung connectors, pinaassemble co narin dun sa tawid nila, pagdala co sa gigplace, bzzzkkkk. jahe.

anyway, thanks for making a believer out of me *hikbi*. pupundar na co from now on for a klotz+neutrik from audiophile.
"Bulakenyo"? Then join Bulacan Music Facebook Group!

Offline vinCe-uv7bk

What cables do you use?
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2006, 12:47:23 AM »
umm as of now dimarzios

Offline markflo

What cables do you use?
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2006, 01:12:19 AM »
GEORGE L'S...i love high end! hehe..
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
What cables do you use?
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2006, 03:30:20 AM »
As for me, I have Dimarzio cables, 5 years na. Not so good. I have a JB Music Mart of the same age and ultra thin and it still works. What gives?

For now, since I work in SF, I can only enjoy the Cable Car.  :lol:
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline superoxy

• Forum Fanatic
What cables do you use?
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2006, 09:08:14 AM »
generic cables from the Phasetron audio shop, have an ernie ball cable that i chop-chopped and used end jacks from Ace hardware. lazer patch cables.

dati Destiny kami, ngayon Sky na
\\\\\\\"I am afraid of people who are boring, but require too much attention to ignore. \\\\\\\" - Jamie Hyneman

Offline Boosted

• Forum Fanatic
What cables do you use?
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2006, 10:29:20 PM »
mga sir, share ko lang.. :) got the neutrik/klotz combo from audiophile kanina... masasabi ko lang its time to change my cables na pala.. :) 805php for 5 meters.. :)

Offline .bong.

• Philmusicus Addictus
What cables do you use?
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2006, 10:19:14 AM »
Quote from: pallas
good old fender vintage series cables for mortals like me 8)
Vintage Voltage ba yan, sir? Ganyan din cable ko..hehe, pat na rin California...
.bong.

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
What cables do you use?
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2006, 10:20:54 AM »
nakakalaway nga yang cables mo kaya lang i can't afford it so i guess i have to make do f what i have. :D   Horizon cables from JB lang hehe. since 2000.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
What cables do you use?
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2006, 10:24:04 AM »
Quote from: .bong.
Quote from: pallas
good old fender vintage series cables for mortals like me 8)
Vintage Voltage ba yan, sir? Ganyan din cable ko..hehe, pat na rin California...

mahal ata yung vintage voltage pre but it looks really fat and tough,
Vintage series na california cables yung tweed ang dating tapos a cali cable na vinyl. Ok lang sila di ako nanghihinayang na matapak tapakan.
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Boosted

• Forum Fanatic
What cables do you use?
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2006, 10:31:03 AM »
Quote from: oasgomez
No matter how much I try to convince myself that cables are cables, my Two Rock really sounds way way better than my Klotz.  I have been playing on the Klotz the past few days and the difference is NOT just EQ as some would like you to believe.  Personally, I think the Klotz sounds better and reacts better than George L's but what I am reading on this thread really does not comply with my reality.  The Two Rock sounds fuller as if more notes and more signal are hitting the amp.  It just sounds richer not just more frequencies.  Also, the notes are clearer and the attack is so bell like not trebly harsh.  Mas buo rin ang nota at hindi sabog. If you guys still think that there is a threshold on cables, I am saying based on my experience of one month with Two Rock it is really setting the baseline for me.  And I can say this because I own the cable and you guys cannot say anything negative against it until your try it for a month versus your current cable.

sir san kayo nakakuha nung two rock? :) compare ko sana... :) t.i.a

Offline spilledmilk

• Philmusicus Addictus
What cables do you use?
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2006, 11:31:49 AM »
im planning to get proel....

ano po tingin nyo? ok po ba ito (transaparency...hum)? is it good for the price?
Gibson SG Standard Silverburst
Siochi Custom Lead GT 50 Watt Head
Matching 2x12 Cab with Vintage 30s

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
What cables do you use?
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2006, 11:39:45 AM »
Quote from: oasgomez
No matter how much I try to convince myself that cables are cables, my Two Rock really sounds way way better than my Klotz.  I have been playing on the Klotz the past few days and the difference is NOT just EQ as some would like you to believe.  Personally, I think the Klotz sounds better and reacts better than George L's but what I am reading on this thread really does not comply with my reality.  The Two Rock sounds fuller as if more notes and more signal are hitting the amp.  It just sounds richer not just more frequencies.  Also, the notes are clearer and the attack is so bell like not trebly harsh.  Mas buo rin ang nota at hindi sabog. If you guys still think that there is a threshold on cables, I am saying based on my experience of one month with Two Rock it is really setting the baseline for me.  And I can say this because I own the cable and you guys cannot say anything negative against it until your try it for a month versus your current cable.

i have to agree....top of the line( read pricey)cables( or gear for that matter) makes the licks of the talented guitarist shine through.

and if you dont have talent( read--your playing stinks) mas lalo mabubuking ang kapalpakan mo( read---if your playing is [gooey brown stuff], it will stink even more)

and oas gomez is a living testament of that.at least his [gooey brown stuff] is worth$$$
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
What cables do you use?
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2006, 12:26:04 PM »
Audio Technica Cables 5 meters! HINGI KO LANG AHEHEHE!

astig

and another 5meters that i made, HARDCORE! P100

may patch cable pala sa LAZER...ok poh ba yun?
There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline kevlahnota

What cables do you use?
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2006, 12:33:49 PM »
i have planet waves ska fender california series na cable. mas ok sa akin yung fender. tahimik. works for me. :D

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
What cables do you use?
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2006, 12:36:35 PM »
Monster and Mogami for guitars and bass, George L's for my pedal board
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline nhojie

• Forum Fanatic
cables
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2006, 12:44:08 PM »
DIY cables! Deeco's P25/m cable yng red(don't know the brand..hehehe) at end jacksMIJ.....then voila!!!
\\\\\\\"watch a man play for an hour and u can learn more about him than in talking to him for a year\\\\\\\"-PLATO

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
What cables do you use?
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2006, 01:34:17 PM »
Peavey 20' instrument cable - for regular gigs
Neutrik 5' instrument cable - interconnect to signal processors and/or D.I.
Monster Cable keyboard cable - sa bahay lang. hindi ko nilalabas.
Klotz instrument cable - for special gigs
Pro-Co instrument cable - pero nawala/ninakaw sa Brick by Brick, San Diego

Gumagamit ba kayo ng cable wrap? Dapat ingatan ang  pagligpit ng mga kable para tumagal. Pati nga yung audio/video cable ng video camera nilagyan ko ng Rip-Tie cable wrap. Available sa Audiophile.  :wink:
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
What cables do you use?
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2006, 01:55:11 PM »
before i was using regular cables kasi akala ko cable is cable at alang difference then i tried MONSTER.. there was a BIG difference sa sound mas full yung sound saka clearer.. then sabi ko subukan ko nga yung MOGAMI.. mas QUIET yung MOGAMI kesa sa MONSTER with the same fullness saka clarity.. now i use ONLY MOGAMI cables sa LAHAT ng connections sa guitars/basses/kybrds/drum modules at DAW...  8)
ps
well its just me, kapag me narinig akong difference i go for it and buy it.
saka me LIFETIME warranty pa yun.
you can also make your own ..just buy NEGLEX cables 2534 para sa balanced connections / mics... at NEGLEX 2524 sa instrument connections sa guitars at bass and use Neutrik plugs ( gold tip).. yun ang ginagamit ng MOGAMI   8)
Music is art in sound...

Offline greggy

What cables do you use?
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2006, 12:16:58 AM »
monster, george l's, some quantums (are really good too)
the Blues had a baby and they named it Rock n' Roll

Offline 3daytrial

What cables do you use?
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2006, 07:37:44 PM »
buhayin natin ang thread... eheh

may mga neutrik plug ends ba nabibili sa raon or exclusive to sa audiophile? what is a good substitute for neutrik plugs? peaveys or the generic gold plated ones??

DIY boy din ako eheh

Offline gutz_3110

• Forum Fanatic
What cables do you use?
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2006, 08:38:10 PM »
where do you guys buy your cables?

Offline ayofish

• Forum Fanatic
What cables do you use?
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2006, 11:09:57 PM »
naintriga ako sa mogami ah ehheheh
i use a monster cable for my guitar and lazer patch cables for my pedal board.....san nakakakabili ng mogami na cables?? sana mas mura sha kesa sa monster cable ehehe.... ano magandang patch cables?? ung tipong alang noise tapos clear na clear ung sound tapos affordable or okay na ung lazer na patch cables?
"Practice makes perfect, But no one is perfect so why practice? Because practice makes masters and experts!!!!"

Offline danleo

• Forum Fanatic
What cables do you use?
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2006, 12:54:39 AM »
Based on my experience I guess high impedence microphone cables and instrument cables are just the same. I've been using a DIY microphone cable for my guitars. I've been using it for a long time na pro dati ordinary micropone cables lang pro now i use a quatum cable na. Mas ok kasi yung quantum walang noise saka matibay. I use quantum plugs din. Ok naman. I'm not sure about this but I find mic and instru. cables made with the same materials and done in the same manner.  I guess they were just labeled differently but the quality and purpose were just the same. I can't find any difference with both cable unless if the mic cable is a low impedence cable kasi iba talaga siya kasi its intended for professional microphones.
You may say I\'m a dreamer. But I\'m not the only one. I know someday you\'ll join us and the world will live as one...

Offline franee

What cables do you use?
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2006, 02:19:17 AM »
CABLE ANATOMY I: UNDERSTANDING THE INSTRUMENT CABLE

http://www.procosound.com/downloads/inst_guide.pdf
successful deals with the ff people:
bgarcia | leech | cayle | pope | fuzzylogic | tackielarla | jackyboy | mr_orange | dubista | zoran | meashuggahr | aino | bugoy | captainbackfire | jarvin

Offline bryvincent

• Veteran Member
What cables do you use?
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2006, 06:09:23 AM »
http://www.canare.com/index.cfm?objectid=EC6A9439-3048-7098-AFC64A4EA6821ADA

Canare GS-6 Cable w/ Neutrik plugs. 15ft. saka 10ft.  wah-wah lang ang pedal ko.