hulika

Author Topic: Slash Fan Thread  (Read 84369 times)

Offline BlackDiamond

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Slash Fan Thread
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2007, 03:58:50 PM »
hmmmm... A lot of Saul Hudson fans here but I guess noone mentioned his music with Snakepit! It's five o'clock Somewhere kicked @$$ bigtime! It's my favorite Slash album next to Appetite for Destruction. Imagine if it was recorded by Guns N' Roses...  :evil: I always listen to "Good to be alive" after waking up and about to drink coffee.  :-D
This forumite is a different person:
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?action=profile;u=43394
I'm not him! HMMP!

Offline paperlungs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 02:44:01 AM »
use your illusion 1 was the first record (tape) na binili ko with my own money...alala ko sa isetan recto ko pa binili yun. nung narinig ko yung november rain, sobra ko napa bilib. tapos nakita ko pa mtv. sa harap ng church in the middle of the desert. tapos di pa lagi nakikita mukha niya kasi mukha siyang snake. kewl! iba talaga pormahan ni slash with the big hat and black leather pants. all hail!!! :mrgreen:

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2007, 04:43:02 AM »
i commend u sir hunk..preha tyo adik ke slash...at one point i keep on buying guitar mags basta me article or tabs related sa knya..sometimes kahit di sya ung ininterview pag namention ung name nya napapabili ako...

korek! pareho tau.. i always check magazine stands for any slash updates/interviews or anything that has something to do with him! hes my hero! yun din dahilan kya mahilig ako sa mga LES PAUL, though i dont have one! hehhe!  :-D

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2007, 07:27:45 AM »
PS.  "knockin on heavens door" nga pala favorite solo ko ni slash.. kaya lang wala akong LP eh.. medyo weird tingnan sa ibby ko hehehe..  :mrgreen:
ok lng kahit lang LP...slash recorded it with a 60's flying V

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2007, 07:30:50 AM »
hmmmm... A lot of Saul Hudson fans here but I guess noone mentioned his music with Snakepit! It's five o'clock Somewhere kicked @$$ bigtime! It's my favorite Slash album next to Appetite for Destruction. Imagine if it was recorded by Guns N' Roses...  :evil: I always listen to "Good to be alive" after waking up and about to drink coffee.  :-D
astig nga un snakepit bro! favorite ko beggars ska aint life grand from their 2nd album

Offline ronnie james jeremy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2007, 11:14:23 AM »
slash rules !!!!! i read in a guitar magazine that he has his les pauls made by hand to his exacting specifications and that the gibson logo on his guitar is purely cosmetic his les pauls are'nt really gibsons.  he also once volunteered to play guitar for of all bands--The Stone Roses and was promptly told to bite it.  That would have been a real great gig though.

Offline ronnie james jeremy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2007, 11:22:31 AM »
forgot to mention my favorite slash guitar solo: the ending solo of "Rocket Queen" very Skynyrd sounding and therefore cool !!!!

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2007, 01:24:37 PM »
Slash fan here!!  :-D :-D

besides from guns, velvet and snakepit...meron rin ako nung mga gusto ko rin yung mga riffs and licks nya sa ibang artists..Michael Jackson, Lenny Kravitz, Chris Daughtry, Alice Cooper etc.   :mrgreen:
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2007, 04:18:28 PM »
slash rules !!!!! i read in a guitar magazine that he has his les pauls made by hand to his exacting specifications and that the gibson logo on his guitar is purely cosmetic his les pauls are'nt really gibsons.  he also once volunteered to play guitar for of all bands--The Stone Roses and was promptly told to bite it.  That would have been a real great gig though.
Today,Slash owns about 45 gibson les pauls including those from 50's (gold top and standard) and 60's(standards and customs)...he has TWO hand made by the late chris derrig with which he used to record in all his albums and collapration with other artists.....BTW he's favorite LP for live use is an 87 standard(sunburst finish)

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2007, 04:35:11 PM »
hearing Sweet child of mine..

parang bigla akong naitulak para mapahawak sa gitara.

slash is the reason kung bakit ako nag guitara...

i really wanted to play smoothly and cool like him.. pati hair style nya gusto ko,,.

lalo na guitar nya..

Offline wrathster

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2007, 04:42:45 PM »
Velvet Revolver's 2nd album Libertad has just been released.
King of Pain

Offline bryvincent

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2007, 09:19:10 PM »
PS.  "knockin on heavens door" nga pala favorite solo ko ni slash.. kaya lang wala akong LP eh.. medyo weird tingnan sa ibby ko hehehe..  :mrgreen:
ok lng kahit lang LP...slash recorded it with a 60's flying V
1958 Flying V yun men.

Offline bryvincent

• Veteran Member
Slash Guitar Collection pics for the fans
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2007, 09:30:20 PM »
from Oct '96 issue of Guitar Shop magazine(wide pic-dont forget to scroll it sideways below)

his live rig from a recent(2004 yata) Guitarist mag

« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 09:33:41 PM by bryvincent »

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2007, 06:14:46 PM »
nice pics sir! for sale ba yan? :evil:
guys check nyo video ng "she build quick machine" from libertad sa website ng VR

Offline rainierito

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2007, 04:01:16 AM »
fav kong solo ni slash ung sa "don't cry" simple at sapul na sapul sa emotions ng kanta... saglit nga lang, hindi masyadong mahaba at fancy katulad ng nov. rain.
ang lupit pa ng video... tinapon yung gitara pag katapos ng crazy car daredevil stunt ni slash.

Offline matmat66

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2007, 09:49:10 AM »
Mga bossing, any feedback/review of the Slash signature wah pedal? Will this make you sound like him?  Salamat

Offline BlackDiamond

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2007, 11:22:12 AM »
Mga bossing, any feedback/review of the Slash signature wah pedal? Will this make you sound like him?  Salamat

Dude, sorry to burst your bubble but it takes more than getting the gear to sound like a certain "guitar god".

I'm sure even if you give Slash a cheap stock behringer hellbabe wah and ask him to play the wah drenched solo part of Sweet Child, malupit pa rin ung kalalabasan!  :-D

PEACE!
I'm not him! HMMP!

Offline matmat66

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2007, 11:38:54 AM »
Salamat sir. Mali lang yata yung tanong ko.  For a signature wah pedal na capture ba ng pedal nito yung sound ni Slash?  From a pure tone perspective lang po regardless of your guitar playing skills.  Salamat ulit.

Offline BlackDiamond

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2007, 12:04:12 PM »
Salamat sir. Mali lang yata yung tanong ko.  For a signature wah pedal na capture ba ng pedal nito yung sound ni Slash?  From a pure tone perspective lang po regardless of your guitar playing skills.  Salamat ulit.

I havent tried the pedal yet... but if you haven't checked the reviews @ harmony-central.com, here's the link:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Dunlop/SW-95+Slash+wah/10/1
I'm not him! HMMP!

Offline ferdie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2007, 01:36:09 PM »
karamihan yata sa mga nagumpisa mag-aral ng gitara di maiwasan karirin yung intro ng sweet child di ba... saka nabasa ko din sa isang survey sa isang mag na isa ang sweet child sa top 10 tune played in a music store whenever nagtest ng gear ang isang costumer... ganun katindi ang influence ni slash :-)

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2007, 02:11:02 PM »
sir the wah alone will not produce an "accurate" emulation of slash but its good in its own right..astig din cya..i mean, you have to pair it with a guitar and amp that lets you dial the sound you want easily

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2007, 12:40:37 AM »
karamihan yata sa mga nagumpisa mag-aral ng gitara di maiwasan karirin yung intro ng sweet child di ba... saka nabasa ko din sa isang survey sa isang mag na isa ang sweet child sa top 10 tune played in a music store whenever nagtest ng gear ang isang costumer... ganun katindi ang influence ni slash :-)

dude, ganda ng avatar mo! heheheh! dba may action figure na ganyan c slash? san kya ako mkakabili nun?  :-o
and ive been researching the signature les paul of slash, ung may snakepit logo sa body at may inlay na snake sa fretboard! astig nun!

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2007, 08:33:11 AM »

dude, ganda ng avatar mo! heheheh! dba may action figure na ganyan c slash? san kya ako mkakabili nun?  :-o
and ive been researching the signature les paul of slash, ung may snakepit logo sa body at may inlay na snake sa fretboard! astig nun!
sir hunk knuckebonze gumawa nung figure $100 excluded pa ung shipment limited lang un kya ok narin...hirap nanga mkahanap ng snalepit era LP 50  lng ginawa, ung 2 nkay slash, ung prototype nasakanya din..last na me nakita ako nun sa guitar center second hand worth $7,000...haay...kelan kya tyo mgkkroon nun?

Offline matmat66

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2007, 09:07:12 AM »
Maraming salamat mga sirs sa mga reply.  Would anyone know if available na ba dito yang Slash wah pedal? 

Offline thecrow23

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2007, 11:53:40 PM »
nag ka thread din si idol ahhhhhh. nalala ko tuloy nung hiskul pako. feborit ko ung apetite album tska ung lead sa estranged at acustic ng patience :-D nasan na kaya ung mga tabs ko?????? :-D
LES PAUL >>>> MARSHALL JMP