hulika

Author Topic: What is the best external hdd for you? And would you buy 2tb or 2 units of 1 tb?  (Read 2010 times)

Offline jpdeleon20

Any opinion that may lead me to buy the best one would be helpful.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'll buy anything that has a reliable OEM drive inside. I know PQI and MSI use Samsung drives, so they're good in a pinch. Toshiba din from CDR-King, that's what I currently use now. Western Digital has been a favorite of mine, with a balance of clean aesthetics and reliability. Basically, as long as the housing and ports aren't flimsy, you can go as cheap as you can.

If I'm using the HDD to store media exclusively, I'll pick the 2TB. If I'll be using it for both data and media, I'll take two 1TBs, and make my data redundant on both drives while splitting the media (e.g. movies in one drive and music in the other).
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline weedurpart2

• Forum Fanatic
Westen Digital.

I've a pretty high stack of those since I'm a heavy user and go through them quicker than most people. I go for 1tb hard drives because I'm really scared of losing 2tb worth of files in case one dies on me.

Offline glennaui

• Forum Fanatic
Nung nasira yung WD 500GB passport ko...
I Bought 2X1TB Seagate Back-Up Plus worth 3150.00 pesos only @ Enigma Computers and Technologies... Sale yan at that time...
May available na 2TB for 5400.00 ata pero naisip ko paanu kung masira, eh di lahat ng files wala na pero yung dalawang 1TB meron pa rin yung isa... chaka pang personal files if you know what i mean... :wink:

Ang nagustohan ko sa Seagate Back-up Plus, USB 3.0 tapos ang ganda ng case at yung sata - usb conversion, ang daling alisin at ilipat sa ibang HD...

Eto mga price list nila... Ang mura grave... :drool: lahat ng PC components - Just sharing.... :lol:

http://enigma-phil.com.ph/?page=pricelist