hulika

Author Topic: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer  (Read 345069 times)

Offline lawrence

• Forum Fanatic
Re: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer
« Reply #325 on: April 18, 2008, 01:14:36 AM »
You did that?  Cool.  I like the fish symbol.

Yes sir! I did it. I got the guitar almost new and doing the relic'ing process was very painful on my part (emotionally hahaha!). But I liked it more now.

Kahit san ko siya ilapag, i don't worry anymore na baka magasgas, etc.

About the fish naman, I was looking for an SRV type sticker one time then i saw this "Jesus Fish Symbol", eh since gusto kong ipersonalize din ng konti yung guitar, I bought it and syempre because of my faith in jesus..:)

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #326 on: April 18, 2008, 01:15:45 AM »
Yes sir! I did it. I got the guitar almost new and doing the relic'ing process was very painful on my part (emotionally hahaha!). But I liked it more now.

Kahit san ko siya ilapag, i don't worry anymore na baka magasgas, etc.

About the fish naman, I was looking for an SRV type sticker one time then i saw this "Jesus Fish Symbol", eh since gusto kong ipersonalize din ng konti yung guitar, I bought it and syempre because of my faith in jesus..:)

Jesus rocks bro.  Not sure he digs the blues... but he definitely rocks! 

Offline lawrence

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #327 on: April 18, 2008, 01:19:56 AM »

He sure does!!!

OT: I have one christian album here.. I don't know if i'll call it blues kasi positive siya eh. Yung album name is "The Bright Side Of Blues". Very cool album! It's kinda old, but it still rocks.:)

Mayer Rocks!!:)

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #328 on: April 18, 2008, 02:15:02 AM »

i know he does brotha, coz' 'whenever i feel the blues, Jesus is around wherever i choose...' ;-)

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #329 on: April 18, 2008, 04:12:18 AM »
well on the topic of john mayer....

he's great! i've known about that even before continuum.

to me, "no such thing" sounded like the style council at first. my band first circle used to cover songs from the "room for squares" album.

not because it was the hip thing to do, but we all liked his songs.

back to you, neon, city love, my stupid mouth are all good examples of good songwriting, good pop, great guitar statements.

no shredhead, i always loved his chords, rhythm guitar style and his SRV--blues charged licks even if the songs he was doing weren't blues.

still can't get over that album. heavier things and the other new ones were all great too of course.

even the song that propelled him to stardom, that short guitar interlude in Dm in the song "your body is a wonderland" might be short be it is straight to the point and very eloquent...more so than most of the solos you hear out there. say more with less notes.
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #330 on: April 18, 2008, 04:17:01 AM »
He sure does!!!

OT: I have one christian album here.. I don't know if i'll call it blues kasi positive siya eh. Yung album name is "The Bright Side Of Blues". Very cool album! It's kinda old, but it still rocks.:)

Mayer Rocks!!:)

uy kamusta yung album na yan bro? interesting. christian blues. I like...

blues2death, syempre ang galing mo kse mag blues!!! matindi

Offline lawrence

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #331 on: April 18, 2008, 11:54:47 AM »
well on the topic of john mayer....

he's great! i've known about that even before continuum.

to me, "no such thing" sounded like the style council at first. my band first circle used to cover songs from the "room for squares" album.

not because it was the hip thing to do, but we all liked his songs.

back to you, neon, city love, my stupid mouth are all good examples of good songwriting, good pop, great guitar statements.

no shredhead, i always loved his chords, rhythm guitar style and his SRV--blues charged licks even if the songs he was doing weren't blues.

still can't get over that album. heavier things and the other new ones were all great too of course.

even the song that propelled him to stardom, that short guitar interlude in Dm in the song "your body is a wonderland" might be short be it is straight to the point and very eloquent...more so than most of the solos you hear out there. say more with less notes.

+1000

For me, mayer has the soul, the feel, the technique, and the balance of a great musician.

If you noticed, (on all of his studio records), he never overplayed his solos and riffs. It's well balanced. He never sacrificed a song for a solo. On the other hand, his live performance, were much "free"  in the sense that it's very honest and you can feel what he's trying to express at that moment.

Offline lawrence

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #332 on: April 18, 2008, 11:55:51 AM »
uy kamusta yung album na yan bro? interesting. christian blues. I like...

blues2death, syempre ang galing mo kse mag blues!!! matindi

It's cool man! I'll try to upload some songs, parinig ko sayo.:) Medyo lumang luma na to eh.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 10:29:21 PM by lawrence »

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #333 on: April 18, 2008, 07:40:12 PM »
It's call man! I'll try to upload some songs, parinig ko sayo.:) Medyo lumang luma na to eh.

old blues is still the blues, bro hehehe let me know when you can let me listen to em  :-D

just read somewhere that aside from his two rock amps, he put in a Fender blackface playing "along" with the two rocks to add more mids hehehe

For his trio album, he just used a tubescreamer and a katana boost. sarap ng minimal setup

Offline consequence

• Veteran Member
« Reply #334 on: April 19, 2008, 12:26:40 AM »
I dig "Slow Dancing in a burning room" and i love it live. :-D
My dear we're slow dancing in a burning room.

Offline tim_cada

« Reply #335 on: April 19, 2008, 12:30:27 AM »
mejo OT:

just bought behringer tube overdrive :-D hihihi... ayus.
Thank God for music..
LF: Fender Frontman 25r

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #336 on: April 19, 2008, 03:12:12 AM »
mejo OT:

hahaha excited ka ah  :-D

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #337 on: April 19, 2008, 08:36:25 AM »
mejo OT:

:-D

Offline marseleventh

« Reply #338 on: April 19, 2008, 08:42:23 AM »
may na-download ako na Back To You live wherein nagkaroon ng outro solo na hindi katulad nung sa album.

nababaliw na ko hindi ko makapa ung solo na yun, can anyone help? gusto ko lang talaga matugtog to..ittry ko i-upload sa isang site tpos ippost ko dito ung link..thanks!

astig talaga si john mayer ibang klase gumawa ng solo.. :-D
FS: Boss CE5, Subdecay Dirt, Bnew GFS pups, http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=280380.0

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #339 on: April 19, 2008, 09:08:28 AM »
may na-download ako na Back To You live wherein nagkaroon ng outro solo na hindi katulad nung sa album.

nababaliw na ko hindi ko makapa ung solo na yun, can anyone help? gusto ko lang talaga matugtog to..ittry ko i-upload sa isang site tpos ippost ko dito ung link..thanks!

astig talaga si john mayer ibang klase gumawa ng solo.. :-D

Most guitarists never play a song the same way more than once...hahahhaah try looking for "gravity", "slow dancing in a burning room" and "try" at pati na "out of my mind". There are similar riffs in the solo's but most of the stuff comes out different from the way it was recorded and from the way he played it in front of a different crowd.

I think what you listened to is the live version of Back to you from "any given thursday".

Offline kimBuhain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #340 on: April 19, 2008, 12:55:28 PM »
just got the "any given thursday dvd"
ang lupet ng solo ni john sa covered in rain -extended version,.punong puno ng emosyon! damn!

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #341 on: April 20, 2008, 08:24:19 AM »
still can't figure out.. what is JM's string guage? 10's or 12's (like SRV)?

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #342 on: April 20, 2008, 01:20:56 PM »
@nong

the JM sig strat comes with .010's...un ata pero you can check with lovecore..:)

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #343 on: April 20, 2008, 01:26:19 PM »

you guys probably know that john mayer was the guitar player for the song "street corner symphony" by rob thomas.

first time i heard it...i dont even remember when it came out... i immediately know it was JM.
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline theow

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #344 on: April 22, 2008, 01:27:41 AM »
i dig and im very into it sa Gravity and comeback to bed. i think e2 yung both songs na favorite nyang lagyan ng solo. sobrang expressive kasi ng mga notes na inilalabas nya.
\"I use it to give Him back the favor He gave me\"

Offline theow

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #345 on: April 22, 2008, 01:31:54 AM »
oo nga pla Gravity Club, meron akong maliit na present para sainyong lahat.

http://kiwivergara.multiply.com/music

check this out, there's this one na friend ko sa multiply. i check nyo n lng kung anong meron, at umisahan nyo ng idownload :)

*for those people who doesn't know or have a multiply site, ask nyo n lng ako kung pano idownload ung songs, medyo iniba na kasi nila. Godbless

Offline theow

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #346 on: April 22, 2008, 01:59:57 AM »
here's how to DL songs sa binigay kong URL

once you've entered ung site na binigay ko sainyo, click mo ung album na gusto mong idownload, then makikita mo ung "play this playlist" click it, then after clicking it may lalabas na dialog box, choose mo ung wmplayer.exe then click OK. once na nagplay na sa playlist mo ung mga songs balik ka sa internet browser mo, mozilla firefox man or internet explorer, then magopen  ng new tab, after that here's the thing, balik ka sa windows media player,  then iright click mo ung song na gusto mong idownload na nasa playlist (media player), then go to properties icopy and paste ang ung URL nung song then ipaste sa panibagong tab na inopen mo.

kung meron pang katanungan PM na lang po.. :) enjoy

at sana nakatulong po ako :)

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #347 on: April 22, 2008, 02:45:04 AM »
@nong

the JM sig strat comes with .010's...un ata pero you can check with lovecore..:)

I'm not sure bout what he uses but the sig strat comes with 10s.  :-)

Offline brandey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #348 on: April 22, 2008, 03:08:10 AM »
he is also a comedian :-D

feature=related

this is a better way to say "no comment" :lol:

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #349 on: April 22, 2008, 03:10:57 AM »
oo nga pla Gravity Club, meron akong maliit na present para sainyong lahat.

http://kiwivergara.multiply.com/music

check this out, there's this one na friend ko sa multiply. i check nyo n lng kung anong meron, at umisahan nyo ng idownload :)

*for those people who doesn't know or have a multiply site, ask nyo n lng ako kung pano idownload ung songs, medyo iniba na kasi nila. Godbless

ayuz! salamat bro