hulika

Author Topic: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer  (Read 348561 times)

Offline soundslikebryan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer
« Reply #500 on: July 15, 2008, 01:34:34 AM »
hehe, mas mura sa best buy, 9.99 lang ang cd and dvd, total to $21.63 lang.
Bakit hindi ka pwedeng mapuyat sa umaga?

http://www.myspace.com/bryanjason  http://twitter.com/bryanjason

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #501 on: July 15, 2008, 07:33:34 AM »
I do prefer the gatefold housing for the Target version though.  I can keep all the discs in one location instead of looking for stuff in shelf storage at home.

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #502 on: July 15, 2008, 09:16:14 AM »
ala pa kuya mike. sisilip pa ako sa suki ko sa makati cinema square.. will inform everyone once i get  a copy.  :evil:

ung audio cd plang nakita ko. ung gitarista namen napanuod na daw nya lufet daw nung trio set. kahit ung audio cd plang sulit na may acoustic, trio tska full band set si mayer. galing!

Offline soundslikebryan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #503 on: July 15, 2008, 11:32:15 AM »
I do prefer the gatefold housing for the Target version though.  I can keep all the discs in one location instead of looking for stuff in shelf storage at home.

its the same with the one i got from bbuy.

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #504 on: July 16, 2008, 01:47:48 AM »
Nah, man.  I don't think you got it.  It's a triple gatefold sleeve package housing everything 2 CDs and 1 DVD in three pockets.  It's also got the red color all-over instead of the blue/grey color scheme.

http://johnmayer.com/news

"Where The Light Is", the live audio/video recording from Nokia Theatre LA Live in Los Angeles, CA on December 8, 2007 is released today. The album is available in Blu-Ray, DVD, Double CD, and Vinyl formats, as well as via download via the iTunes Music Store. A Target-exclusive package is available at Target locations from July 1-5.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 01:55:02 AM by Deadwing »

Offline witterquick

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #505 on: July 17, 2008, 12:42:02 PM »
Only the CD is available here in Manila as of the moment. Sony BMG says they intend to release the DVD "soon."

Got the CD na and expectedly, I think it's awesome. I love the progression from acoustic to trio to the full band set. What keeps this release from being perfect though is JM's sometimes unsteady shift to falsetto in some of the songs. 'Course we all know his limitations as far as his vocals is concerned, so this is practically a negligible criticism. His guitar playing more than makes up for it; it's practically flawless.

Standout tracks: the unreleased "In Your Atmosphere" (if i remember right he came out with this song right after he broke up with Jennifer Love Hewitt), his cover of Tom Petty's "free fallin'", almost all the tracks in the JM trio set, "slow dancing in a burning room," "gravity," "belief" and "i'm gonna find another you." still feels "bitin" though, even after i've played the whole thing. now i can't wait to get the DVD...

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #506 on: July 17, 2008, 12:50:43 PM »
good for you...

i got the dvd before i got the cd......the only reason i got the cd was because the dvd doesnt have any audio when you slow it down to halfspeed on windows media player.... para makapag nakaw ng licks :mrgreen:

the dvd is permanently 'stored' in my dvd drive sa laptop ko...can't seem to get it out... d pa ako sawa sa pinaggagawa nya :mrgreen:
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline witterquick

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #507 on: July 17, 2008, 02:51:46 PM »
by the way, please join the official egroup of John Mayer fans in the Philippines. send a blank email to mayermanila-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

we promise not to flood your inboxes with spam hehe. discussions strictly about mayer the musician only.

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #508 on: July 17, 2008, 11:29:43 PM »
mayermanila.. meron palang ganun? ok din un ah.. i sent a msg na.

galing...

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #509 on: July 18, 2008, 12:53:22 AM »
mayor ng manila :-D :-D :-D
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #510 on: July 19, 2008, 09:40:27 AM »

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #511 on: July 21, 2008, 01:57:02 AM »
Just got myself the 2-CD Package this afternoon. Mura lang pala, 395 lang bili ko sa Astrovision. :-D Me thinks mura siya dahil sa packaging.. I like it though.

There's nothing to NOT like in this. As usual, John Mayer does a lot of improv on his songs live.. and more often than not, intense ang kinakalabasan. I love this.. halos lahat yata favorite ko dito. It makes me want to fast forward time to sembreak so that I can get my hands on my strat again. I suggest you guys get an original copy. :wink:

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #512 on: July 22, 2008, 06:07:49 AM »
Just got myself the 2-CD Package this afternoon. Mura lang pala, 395 lang bili ko sa Astrovision. :-D Me thinks mura siya dahil sa packaging.. I like it though.

There's nothing to NOT like in this. As usual, John Mayer does a lot of improv on his songs live.. and more often than not, intense ang kinakalabasan. I love this.. halos lahat yata favorite ko dito. It makes me want to fast forward time to sembreak so that I can get my hands on my strat again. I suggest you guys get an original copy. :wink:

sakly. Got mine I think a few weeks back. been goin around the stores looking for the DVD hehehe panalo talaga kahit CD pa lang

Offline soundslikebryan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #513 on: July 23, 2008, 02:38:38 AM »
I just watched the DVD with my drummer and a bunch of friends last Saturday. I have to say, I really don't like his rendition of "Free Fallin".

He gets cocky in some of the things he says. Well probably 'cocky' is a poor choice of word, but nonetheless....

For me, the most kickass part is "Out of my mind", except the line where he sings - tell all your friends....tell all your friends what Johnny did...don't lie about it either. I think people got where he was going with it, then saying 'don't lie about it either', the joke bombed.

Anyway, its a great concert dvd.

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #514 on: July 23, 2008, 02:53:32 PM »
oh really soundslike?

i love his version of freefallin'....different strokes for different folks i guess :wink:

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #515 on: July 24, 2008, 03:38:39 AM »
oh really soundslike?

i love his version of freefallin'....different strokes for different folks i guess :wink:

yeah actually i liked it too hehe  :-D

Offline soundslikebryan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #516 on: July 24, 2008, 06:10:37 AM »
I guess its just different than the rest of his performance. Everything else was so intense, then he toned down pagdating sa Free Fallin.

I loved everything else.

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #517 on: July 24, 2008, 06:14:28 AM »
hhhhmmmm....

he explained naman na pang-relax ang dating ng freefallin na cover nya?

Offline joopabs

« Reply #518 on: July 25, 2008, 03:36:39 PM »
Definitely loved it when he showed up his blues side. I love the feel of his blues, will really give you the blues... hehehe... [listen to Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, nakaka-relate ako kasi  :wink:] Even better with his live performances. One of my favorite singer-songwriters nowadays.

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #519 on: July 26, 2008, 07:50:40 PM »
Yeah, may pagka-cocky na talaga lately si JM.
Favorites ko sa CD:
Wait Until Tomorrow
Waiting on the World to Change
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You)

:lol: "Can I play my GIT-tar? Can I play it loud?!"  :lol:

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #520 on: July 26, 2008, 08:20:37 PM »
it ain't bragging if you can back it up :mrgreen:

Offline brandey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #521 on: July 26, 2008, 08:53:59 PM »
laki pala ng tatoo niya. makapag patatoo rin kaya :-D

feature=related

Offline theunknownsoldier

« Reply #522 on: July 26, 2008, 09:59:30 PM »
a good part of how he sounds deserves to be attributed to the unsung heroes playing "behind" him- his backing bands- be it the two-thirds of the trio or his touring band. nonetheless, JM is one to listen seriously to. Amazing how he has been getting better and better everytime.
But really, I think he should ditch his cocky attitude. It becomes too anticlimactic to his performances at times.
"your mysterious mountains I wish to see closer,
may I land my kinky machine?"
 -third stone from the sun jimi hendrix

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #523 on: July 27, 2008, 01:18:14 PM »
i think what you guys might think is his being more 'cocky' is just him joking and poking fun at himself.

on the dvd, after neon he goes:

"it's a real honor opening for myself this evening."

"I ran into myself backstage, I was very kind. i mean I'm huge..the headliner. And I was very nice to myself I gave myself a few minutes of conversation. I didn't think it was smalltalk"

He was very nice. Like I said that guy coming out later, he's very nice.

explanation...this John mayer concert featured him in all his 'incarnations'

john mayer acoustic(solo)

john mayer trio(blues)

john mayer full band (pop)

he was very much in context of his humor. in fact i thought he was very humble,   later during the concert he went on saying that he was still very grateful for the audience having accepted everything that came out with wether it was just acoustic, trio or fullband.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 01:19:29 PM by blues2death »

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #524 on: July 27, 2008, 01:20:28 PM »

leevon of side a with a john mayer cover..."dreaming with a broken heart"