hulika

Author Topic: The Jazz Visitors plays every Thursday at Kublai's  (Read 1077 times)

Offline 1st-profile

The Jazz Visitors plays every Thursday at Kublai's
« on: July 25, 2006, 04:06:32 PM »
The Jazz Visitors will be at Kublai's in Katipunan as usual this coming Thursday, July 27, 2006. Hope to see you guys. Oh, and while on the subject, we would like to thank those who jammed last Thursday, the Aldo big man Lennard, who played his instrumental numbers with a combination of bravura and talent. (So, when will the big crowds of Aldo's come over?) Roger on the drums once again with such keen familiarity of the bossanova, Prof. [sausage] who sings better each time and their good friend from Samar, Mr. Solidum, who's quite a revelation after several bottles of beer - and definitely in a good way. Thank you also to Jet who was shy singing her pop numbers in a jazz atmosphere - hey, we didn't mind. Jammers are jammers, we play jazz, we let you play yours. (The Jazz Visitors can be just THE VISITORS, we actually pulled that one off at RJTV last Saturday, if any of you watched, at their 8-9 pm program "Exposed, Kami Naman" production. Thanks, Ron Santillana.)

Offline 1st-profile

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 04:10:50 PM »
:D come one come all....
(Btw, saw Up Dharma Down and 3 other bands two Thursdays ago which I failed to mention. The group is definitely heading to the right direction... their music is pulsating and the rhythm is infectious! I was in the groove when I went on stage. Too bad they didn't stay to jam...guess they had to go to their next gig....
there's always a next time!

Offline 1st-profile

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 03:11:06 AM »
Hey hey hey! Thanks for coming to the Thursday jazz gig at Kublai's. Just earlier tonight, we had some jammers - Bingo from Congress (aide to Senator Mar Roxas - he's shy but sings Brazilian music with matching Portuguese...dig your sound man...), my kumpare was also there Bluebeck (of course that's an alias) with  lovely wife Nancy; plus we had a pretty female jammer who sang Like A Lover and You Should Know by Now - her name's Marissa, with two chicas one of which was Che (she handles events and battle of the bands at Kublai's) who was also with son Jonathan who I heard plays megadeath metal (is that how it's spelled??) so he didn't want to jam. Boys of BCD (Behind Closed Doors) also stayed for two sets but they didn't want to outshine us, next time daw. Missing was the Prof and his UP frat boys. Thank you, thank you to Raymund de la Pena, guitarist par excellence who accepted the gig, subbing for Jimmy who left us for Subic! Kudos to Raymund, if not for his love of music, this gig would not have been a go! When will I see you guys, yes I'm talking to you, you who read this post? Tara na, well, next Thursday uli... :D

Offline 1st-profile

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 02:57:10 PM »
O, Sunday na ha! 4 more days and it's Thursday again. Shall I see new faces this time? Jamming na!!  :D