hulika

Author Topic: Scalarizer Thread  (Read 257725 times)

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Scalarizer Thread
« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2007, 02:10:06 AM »
what exactly does this thing do and how does it effect yung wiring at signal flow ng gitara ?

think of Popeye just swallowing a can of spinach.

any technical explanation ?

+1

sana maipaliwanag niyo ng mabuti para na rin sa inyo yun to get more customer.  a customer won't just go all the way to banawe dahil lang sinabi ng ibang tao na astig yung scalalizer.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #301 on: January 30, 2007, 02:36:21 AM »
Mmm...why ? :D

Dugo nga ng kambing. Yung energies ng kambing na nasa dugo nya, lumilipat sa scalarizer, tapos lilipat sa gitara.

Punta ka sa shop soon para maniwala ka :D :D :D :D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #302 on: January 30, 2007, 02:44:20 AM »
sino po malapit na nagbebenta nitong scalarizer dito sa makati or sa UST? ano po address nyo para po mapuntahan ko?

My shop is in the Banawe area, close to UST.

Kindly skim through the thread for the address and my contact number (antok nako kakauwi ko pa lang. )

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #303 on: January 30, 2007, 02:45:23 AM »
BAMF, when can I drop by with my Randall with 4 modules?  Gonna bring my Oscar Schmidt OE30 and my G&L S-500.  Maybe my SG na rin.  Gusto ko rin sana with the other folks here.  Oas care to come?

Just bring your guitars. Your amp..okay lang but I don't do amps except mine and my friends. :D Oops. I hope I didnt get ahead unnecessarily there. :D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #304 on: January 30, 2007, 02:46:59 AM »
Ngapala update.

ubos na ang crystal scalarizers. You'll have to give me a couple of days to replenish.

Yung Metal, which is the hotter seller at the BAMFx shop, medyo marami pa kasi me bagong batch na natapos.

Offline dominant_chord2005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #305 on: January 30, 2007, 03:00:54 AM »
For those who will have a hard time going to QC area, If you are nearer south metro, I can install them scalarizers. I am in the Sucat Pque area. Most of my stocks ended up installed in my guitars kaya will have to get more stocks from BAMF.

Mga philmusic friends,

Like Boss Micsis, I was tasked by BAMF/Jobet to distribute the scalarizers here in the NOrthern QC area (Commonwealth, Diliman, , Fairview, ) and nearby areas, ung katipunan philmusikeros as well as those peeps from Marikina, Cainta, Antipolo... feel free to PM me if you want to have all your guitars scalarized.

For now I have 3 met cores and 3 crystal cores to install on willing candidates. Same price applies . Walang pagbabago.

PM lng. Thanks

"Practice makes perfect."

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #306 on: January 30, 2007, 03:05:32 AM »
Oh, to add more madness to the "crystal met"-

we tried the acoustic scalarizer on the tele. holy gourd!!!

with light contact on the headstock with the already dualled tele, the increase in resonance was heard and felt! think of it as 3D, with added lushness. it screwed me up!

we did a blindfold thing with xalien, and it was undeniable. on the headstock, behind the bridge, on the back of the tele. the funny thing is, when "disconnected" from the wood, the guitar felt softer, less resonant.

I wanted it back. its effect is not like, how can i say it, putting extra sauce on your spaghetti. its more like adding a few extra millimeters and garlic to the meatball in it. tasty!

or, extra light in an object in a painting to give it extra dimension. i [gooey brown stuff] you not, heavy 3D dude.   

+1
lufet as in! napapalundag kami sa wowness ng nagagawa pag nadidikit siya sa guitar!

fafa! kailangan ko ba magdala ng kambing?  :-D

dude, you gotta see the new mascot!
ganda ng ambience ngayon doon!
XD

:-D cock-a-doodle-doo!!!  :-D

me-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-eeeeeee!!!!!

la-a-a-ast wo-o-o-o-rd sy-y-y-y-ndro-o-o-o-me!
:-D

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #307 on: January 30, 2007, 03:21:16 AM »
Got my other guitar scalarized this afternoon. It was great meeting bluejem, edge of illusion and jet? (sorry forgot...my bad). got the metal core, fits well with my guitar.

bluejem - don't forget to to post the pic. :-D

I had my Elegee custom guitar equiped with crystal Scalarizer too and it sounded a lot better.
Nice meeting you to bro.I will post the pics later bro(madyo antok na ako e).or maybe I`ll put up a new scalarizer thread with all the pics taken when we had our axes scalarized. :-D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 03:23:55 AM by bluejem »
\"My philosophy is: if the product is right, the price is right and you treat your customers the way you want to be treated, the word-of-mouth is faster than <br />the speed of sound!\"<br />(Words from Bill Lawrence)

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #308 on: January 30, 2007, 03:23:44 AM »
sayang di ako kasama sa pic kasi ako ang nasa camera hehehehe
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #309 on: January 30, 2007, 03:27:04 AM »
sayang di ako kasama sa pic kasi ako ang nasa camera hehehehe

oo nga noh,sori bro.Bawi nlng nxt tone party.
\"My philosophy is: if the product is right, the price is right and you treat your customers the way you want to be treated, the word-of-mouth is faster than <br />the speed of sound!\"<br />(Words from Bill Lawrence)

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #310 on: January 30, 2007, 04:02:50 AM »

Dugo nga ng kambing. Yung energies ng kambing na nasa dugo nya, lumilipat sa scalarizer, tapos lilipat sa gitara.

boss ehehehe no intention para maging rude pero ? ano naman ang paniniwalaan ko eh ni hindi ko nga alam kung ano yan at kung ano nagagawa niyan  :-D basta sabi lang sakin nila balta at carabao astig daw hindi nila maipaliwanag kung ano basta astig daw  :-D

Chito

« Reply #311 on: January 30, 2007, 04:12:43 AM »
Anyone in North America, wanting to get one of these scalarizers? Maybe we can all get it in one shipment, split the shipping cost, etc.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #312 on: January 30, 2007, 05:36:51 AM »

boss ehehehe no intention para maging rude pero ? ano naman ang paniniwalaan ko eh ni hindi ko nga alam kung ano yan at kung ano nagagawa niyan  :-D basta sabi lang sakin nila balta at carabao astig daw hindi nila maipaliwanag kung ano basta astig daw  :-D

Then what's keeping you from going to the BAMFX Tone Tambayan? If you want to know what it does, listen to it. If you base your purchase decisions solely on recommendations, I don't think you're behaving like an intelligent consumer. Plus, language can be  incomplete and inefficient when describing some things so I really recommend that you skip listening to people's adjectives and just bring your guitar to the shop. If it works for you, it works. If it doesn't, at least you know it doesn't.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline mykelm03

« Reply #313 on: January 30, 2007, 05:41:52 AM »
sir micsis san po kau sa pque? pakabit po ako ng scalarizer...cguro 1pc of crystal scalarizer for a start...got a cp number para mcontact ko kau? tnx...more power to the pinoy musician!!!!

• Veteran Member
« Reply #314 on: January 30, 2007, 06:06:17 AM »

Then what's keeping you from going to the BAMFX Tone Tambayan? If you want to know what it does, listen to it. If you base your purchase decisions solely on recommendations, I don't think you're behaving like an intelligent consumer. Plus, language can be  incomplete and inefficient when describing some things so I really recommend that you skip listening to people's adjectives and just bring your guitar to the shop. If it works for you, it works. If it doesn't, at least you know it doesn't.

I agree with Titser_Marco, don't base your purchases not because someone says it good. Try it our for yourself. He did, and he was happy with. I suggest you do the same. If your friends with Greg/Carabao and Balta and live near the Commonwealth area, I can demo my strat, I'm at your disposal, you can drop by my house anytime to try it. For a much convincing feel, you can drop by anytime at our main laboratory where we simulate other uses of the scalarizer on almost all instruments.

Titser_Marco is a formidable player and his tastes for music is somewhat very eclectic. Pihikan sya in terms of tone. For him, if it sounds good, he'd definitely try it out. He was amazed at the results and I was amazed at his ways of playing the instrument. Somehow I get the feeling that he was responsible for making me listen to Neil Young.

You can PM me anytime if you wish to try it out. I'm residing in Commonwealth Hobart Homes.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #315 on: January 30, 2007, 06:07:34 AM »

dude i have really no idea what that thing can do or what it does or what it is actually.. ni hindi ko nga alam kung anong ichura niyan at kung saan kinakabit, sa isip ko stomp box ba yan ? pickup ba yan ? ... curious lang ako dahil sa title ng thread eheheheheh... and right now wala ako plan to purchase coz totally i have no idea what it is or what it looks like or kung san ba kinakabit yanetc. just curious... i'm just curious kung ano nagagawa niya exactly.. i'm from pateros and no time to go all the way to banawe just to try it...

eto lang yan pareng marco ehehehe.... sabihin nating naghahanap pala ako ng way para mabawasan yung pagka bright sounding ng strat ko dahil sobrang bright niya ngayon... then what that scalalizer does pala for example eh to give more brightness to the guitar tone... eh di dismayado lang ako ? atleast idea man lang kung ano nagagawa niyang product ni BAMF man you don't have to be too defensive wala naman akong sinasabing masama dun sa product eh curious lang ako kc baka makatulong sakin....  i'm not questioning BAMF's ability, infact lumapit pa ako 1 time sa kanya and asked if he can do something about my amps' previous problem... curious lang talaga ako diyan sa product man masyado ka nagiging defensive... wala akong ibang masamang intention.. man peace tayo ahh!!! ayokong maging OAS jr. ehehehe
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 06:13:27 AM by bugoy »

• Veteran Member
« Reply #316 on: January 30, 2007, 06:36:59 AM »

dude i have really no idea what that thing can do or what it does or what it is actually.. ni hindi ko nga alam kung anong ichura niyan at kung saan kinakabit, sa isip ko stomp box ba yan ? pickup ba yan ? ... curious lang ako dahil sa title ng thread eheheheheh... and right now wala ako plan to purchase coz totally i have no idea what it is or what it looks like or kung san ba kinakabit yanetc. just curious... i'm just curious kung ano nagagawa niya exactly.. i'm from pateros and no time to go all the way to banawe just to try it...

eto lang yan pareng marco ehehehe.... sabihin nating naghahanap pala ako ng way para mabawasan yung pagka bright sounding ng strat ko dahil sobrang bright niya ngayon... then what that scalalizer does pala for example eh to give more brightness to the guitar tone... eh di dismayado lang ako ? atleast idea man lang kung ano nagagawa niyang product ni BAMF man you don't have to be too defensive wala naman akong sinasabing masama dun sa product eh curious lang ako kc baka makatulong sakin....  i'm not questioning BAMF's ability, infact lumapit pa ako 1 time sa kanya and asked if he can do something about my amps' previous problem... curious lang talaga ako diyan sa product man masyado ka nagiging defensive... wala akong ibang masamang intention.. man peace tayo ahh!!! ayokong maging OAS jr. ehehehe

no worries about it bro...we understand ur curiousity about the tool. Its not a stomp box. Its just a minute tool that we apply to the guitar. NO wiring re-modifications, in fact if brightness is an issue with your gear, u might wanna check the following:

1. What type of songs do you play?
2. What kind of guitar are you using? Strat, Tele, Humbucker config guitar?
3. Are you using string gauges  .008-.032? That provides a very bright tone
4. HOw about your tone pots? Can you check your tone pots if they are 500K, ung label na 500K nasa ilalim ng tone potentiometer mo. Kapag ganito nga , u'll definitely get a bright sound out of that pot config

We have a scalarizer available to solve this problem. Although it will still depend on your taste as a player. We had ours installed with such because it fits our playing style. As what I said pare, feel free to try my guitars or the guitars at the BAMFx lab. Balta was very happy with the way his guitar sounded. I can safely say you will be as well, but again, it will still depend on your preference.

Offline micsis

• Veteran Member
« Reply #317 on: January 30, 2007, 07:05:20 AM »
sir micsis san po kau sa pque? pakabit po ako ng scalarizer...cguro 1pc of crystal scalarizer for a start...got a cp number para mcontact ko kau? tnx...more power to the pinoy musician!!!!

Sucat Parañaque, just across BF Lopez, near JAKA
0917-5310209
 8-)
I'm standing on a ROCK and my name is on the ROLL

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #318 on: January 30, 2007, 07:36:21 AM »

Hey bro!

If your issue is with the brightness of your guitar, you'll have to examine your whole signal chain. Your amp, its placement, your eq settings on your effects, the works. Even the room you play in is a factor. dominant's suggestions are great, i encourage you to pursue just all that. the crystal will not add brightness. it adds sparkle and definition by multiplying even harmonics. the metal core would bump up the mids over presence. overall, both are very pleasant.

for more info on the scalarizer, considering the length of this thread it would be best to go through it, as you mentioned wandering into the thread. ity'll be a long read! but worthwhile  :-) yes, i am with you at how confusing it may be as it defies conventional trad physics (i too, have been a long time nikola tesla fan, BAMF and i were destined  :wink:), and I , among other folks have described how it affects your tone with our reviews. the results speak for itself.

now, to spill the beans... wouldn't that be like walking straight into the kitchen of your favorite restaurant to ask the chef what he does and puts into the meal?  :wink:

don't worry about being a MAX jr., that's q-bert's title. your questions are great, keep em coming  :-)
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline fred

« Reply #319 on: January 30, 2007, 07:39:11 AM »
Is there anyone installing these items in the Pasig, San Juan, Mandaluyong or Cubao areas?

Thanks.
Singapore Tours start at US$ 130 per person
for 3 Days and 2 Nights until Dec. 2013.  Hong-Kong Tours start at US$98 per person. PM me please. =)

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #320 on: January 30, 2007, 07:55:16 AM »
veggie, nakalimutan ko i-post but i have used the strat EXTREMELY loud already. i was suddenly pulled in to play for one of the bands during the livEly show at eastwood. nahirapan ako hanapin tunog nung gitara kasi sobrang lakas sa stage and i really thought i was lost in the mix. pero nung gumilid ako ng konti palayo sa mga kasama ko nagulat ako kasi litaw pala. the guitar was cutting through clearer than i though. kakahiya kasi nag fe-flail lang ako aimlessly through the songs! naka pambahay tsinelas pa naman ako. may effect kaya yun sa tunog? ahehehe.

it was awfully hard to dial in a tone i'd be comfy with because of the sheer volume and the lack of a soundcheck (mga 5 mins to set up), especially for someone like me who is just starting to concentrate on tone a bit more and considering the band, which is hard-hitting, in-your-face, hi-gain riffing with my strat trying to keep up with a greco les paul on steroids. but based on my brief sidestage listening it was good!

tapos tumugtog salindiwa...ganda agad ng tunog ni kakoi! wahahahaha! i love it!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:07:07 AM by micr0chimp »

Offline alroyT

• Veteran Member
« Reply #321 on: January 30, 2007, 08:05:04 AM »
hmmm.. nalilito tuloy ako if pascalarize ko na gitara ko or bili muna effects or amp.. hmmm.. ano sa tingin niyo..  :?

With all due respect, bili ka muna ng amp. You'll appreciate the electric in the phrase "electric guitar" more. :D

I agree totally. assuming that you do not have an amplifier yet, its high time that you buy a diezel herbert or a bogner shiva...

....NOT!  :-D cock-a-doodle-doo!!!  :-D

Keep in mind that the amp is integral, for the electrifying experience. (i was about to type electri-FRYING, ouch!)

good luck with finding solid gear (you dont have to break your bank)
I was at Matt Umanov yesterday and tried the Diezel Herbert for almost an hour.Tried it with a LP custom and a EJ strat.Verdict?Nothing special Dudes and dudettes just the blue led lights put a strain in my cornea.Sure the gain is there and all that hoolabaloo but does it strike mah fancy?Nah aint wastin my 3k on that piece of box.Now theres this mesa stiletto deuce that i cant help but notice in the corner.I fell in love with it under 10 mins.liquidy tone than my dual recti and i can dial in a nice saturated Marshall tone all in under 1300k.Now I know what i want after i get my tax refund heehaw.Lesson of the day/life?Close your eyes and use yer ears,OCB with gear will get u nowhere.Sorry for the OT anyway BAMF nag pabili na ako ng 2 scalarangilactilizer kay BALDO.Mabuhay ang pinoy!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:08:10 AM by alroyT »

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #322 on: January 30, 2007, 08:12:59 AM »
Is there anyone installing these items in the Pasig, San Juan, Mandaluyong or Cubao areas?

Thanks.

the sto. domingo bamfx shop is close to cubao. down e.rod towards welcome rotonda, hit quezon ave towards fairview, you'll find the sto. domingo church. we're located along sto. domingo ave.

kung san juan, araneta ave is the best bet.
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline alroyT

• Veteran Member
« Reply #323 on: January 30, 2007, 08:14:36 AM »
Anyone in North America, wanting to get one of these scalarizers? Maybe we can all get it in one shipment, split the shipping cost, etc.
Chito get in touch with BALDO nasa Pinas sya ngayun nag pabili ako uuwi sya next month sa new york.Also try   edgeofillusion-jepoy kasi kasama nya parati si Baldo.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:16:23 AM by alroyT »

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #324 on: January 30, 2007, 08:25:44 AM »

No problem, man. In fact, it's good that you brought up your doubts about it. FYI, I have a scalarizer in my 335 and I'll be paying for it on the next Saturday  after the 31st - after we've tried out the metal and the crystal met combo. All of these things can be reversed/undone in a matter of minutes, or even seconds. What trial period can be better than that?

If BAMF or Psychic_Sushi can bring out a coffee drip on Saturday, I'll be bringing some coffee grounds. If you're not satisified with your visit, at least makapag-kape ka man lang. Tapos daldalan at kuwentuhan nang walang katapusan. As anachronistic as it may seem , the Tone Tambayan seems to be the offline counterpart of Guitar Central - yes, including the occassional porn/Jap AV.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.