hulika

Author Topic: Scalarizer Thread  (Read 257726 times)

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Scalarizer Thread
« Reply #850 on: February 17, 2007, 08:45:41 PM »
Vaisteen,

No apology needed.  You are free to write your point of view, but sometimes I feel that I also have to post my point of view when I think there is something wrong or misunderstood.  And I am saying there is something wrong if people admire BAMF for his scalarizer and yet at the same time allow him to use this forum to insult people who do not agree with his point of view.

thank you sir. Yes let us all write our opinions and still care about others so all would be happy. :)

GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #851 on: February 17, 2007, 10:42:00 PM »
bamf (and fyi, alex) - in one rehearsal a few weeks ago, arie texted me and asked if i had a scalarized gtr to bring to our rehearsal. sabi ko wala pa ako scalarized gtr but asked why he asks. i didn't want to assume na interested sya but asked anyway, out of courtesy.  sabi nya curious sya. so i responded to say that i'll txt some people to drop by him and let him listen to the scalarized gtrs.  a few days before that lito also texted asking basically the same thing.  ewan ko lang kung ano na nangyari dun.

if and when i get to try the scalarizer, i'll surely bring it to rehearsal and even perhaps sa shop ni arie so he (and lito) can hear and test it. 

para matapos na lang yang iringan tungkol sa who should make the move... but didn't, etc...  para iba na lang pag-awayan nyo, mababaw yan e.  :-)

peace y'all. 

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #852 on: February 17, 2007, 10:49:31 PM »
bamf (and fyi, alex) - in one rehearsal a few weeks ago, arie texted me and asked if i had a scalarized gtr to bring to our rehearsal. sabi ko wala pa ako scalarized gtr but asked why he asks. i didn't want to assume na interested sya but asked anyway, out of courtesy.  sabi nya curious sya. so i responded to say that i'll txt some people to drop by him and let him listen to the scalarized gtrs.  a few days before that lito also texted asking basically the same thing.  ewan ko lang kung ano na nangyari dun.

if and when i get to try the scalarizer, i'll surely bring it to rehearsal and even perhaps sa shop ni arie so he (and lito) can hear and test it. 

para matapos na lang yang iringan tungkol sa who should make the move... but didn't, etc...  para iba na lang pag-awayan nyo, mababaw yan e.  :-)

peace y'all. 

maraming salamat sir delatslim. whether good or not good and review ni arie, eh its a matter of preference. So lets help each other out. :)

i myself is KATING KATI na to get my hands on that tootsie roll.

GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #853 on: February 18, 2007, 01:09:20 AM »
Onus of proof ? I gave you a chance to prove that your titanium sustain block was worth it by pitting it against an inexpensive scalarizer. You ran off to Elegee. And as it is, you embarrassed yourself there with a sustain block that doesnt sustain ! (hahahaha). Beaten by a trem block that doesnt even cost half of what you spent for. Then when you bit the challenge, you wanted it on your terms. What your terms ? We measure your sustain with you standing in front of your Diezel Herbert at full blast, while I will be unplugged and you measure my guitar's sustain with a stethoscope ? Why don't we just go into a boxing match with both my hands handcuffed behind me ? Why don't you go guitar on guitar ? Why did you want signal chain to signal chain ? But in a few days, I was ready to pit my modified Fender Stage 112 against your Herbert. Still game ? Bukasan lang tayo ng cavity ha. Just have to make sure that you're not using my own technology against me.

This is his circus not mine.  You can see in the number of his posts along with his cronies' posts.  If this has become a circus it is because of his name calling -- lets be clear on that.  You can review this whole thread and count the number of insults from his end.

Ooo !!! After all the people you've already insulted, pa-biktima epek ka ha hahahaah! Wow. After all your potshots which you've happily hurled yourself, I insult you! Do you remember all the BS you hurled at me when I was starting out modding pedals ? Well, you reap what you sow. Ooo...did I just say..."sow"? Hahehehe. Fellow forumites, this is irony for yáll!

Also, expensive gear is a by-product of my personal experience.  Remember, I did recommend the tip on the Strat backplate and that was for free

And who gave you the idea to post that ? Di naman ikaw naka-isip nun kungdi yung kumpare mo e hahaha.

.  And I have said, that if the scalarizer is truly unique and better sounding that alternatives it claims to beat, I would even buy it for P3,000.  I have nothing to gain here.  I do not need to sell anything to anyone.  Let me remind you, how does increasing the price from P500 to P1000 help the Filipino musician now?

Haay. Galeng ! Applause ! Applause! Applause ! How does your "not for the financially challenged" statements help the Filipino musician ? How are you helping your kumpare's guitar luthiery business ? Nothing to gain ? C'mon. I see through you now. You're trying to buy something that you sorely lack. Respect. Oh ! You don't have to admit it, I understand. If you were on a genuine tonequest, you'd rather just have stayed there are Tonequest report. But hey ! Nobody to bully there ! Nobody to "educate"  ! Nobody to say "you haven't heard it" to. As for the P500 to P1000, knowing what I know about you now, I don't expect you to know about business strategy or prerogatives. I even remember you saying that if I were really helping people, I should give it out for free. URUR! Gee...I wonder how all your constant bragging about your gear helps the Filipino musician ? Tsk...tama si Skunky. Nang-aasar ka lang talaga.

I'm out to help musicians by offering them a tone upgrade that only costs like a pack of strings. I'd help you din sana, if you were only a musician hahahaha !!!!

« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 01:28:51 AM by BAMF »
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #854 on: February 18, 2007, 02:14:05 AM »
Hay di natapos flames dito...

Anyways sir BAMF I did get to test my scalarized guitar kanina with a Mesa Triple Rectifier sa UP Fair...

The volume and gain knobs were set at 1/4 (mga 3 siguro un kung 0-10)
Even the volume of my pedal was set at that level...
Ibang klase yung tunog ko kanina litaw na litaw, I love the loudness yet clarity of the notes I were hitting kanina,hanep talaga ser! :-D
I played nung tuesday din sa fair with the same amp pero di pa scalarized yung strat ko and I set the knobs at 1/2 pero mas malakas pa ko kanina. yun na yun. based on my experience.
Once again thank you for your "magic".  :-)
La lang kwento ko lang.

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #855 on: February 18, 2007, 02:40:35 AM »
nakakabigla kanina yung experience ko sa practice sa Gig Studio.

plugged in my dual-scalarized guitar, nasa 3 pa lang yung volume nung peavey amp, nalalakasan na yung drummer namiN!

and weird is, kahit san ako pumwesto, ganun pa rin ang "level" nung gitara ko! totoo nga talaga na "it cuts through the mix"! anlufet talaga.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #856 on: February 18, 2007, 06:06:50 AM »
And I am saying there is something wrong if people admire BAMF for his scalarizer and yet at the same time allow him to use this forum to insult people who do not agree with his point of view.
Speak for yourself, boy. Jobet is singling you out. People aren't minding because you're the one being insulted, for obvious reasons.

Do your routine with him if you must, but leave the rest out of it. Or for once, act like a man and settle this.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #857 on: February 18, 2007, 06:25:02 AM »
BAMF,

you selling to us overseas boys anytime soon? I'd love to try a scalarizer. I'll be doing the installation so a schamtic would be handy to have. Keep me posted. Kuryoso na kuryoso ako ah.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline chito_eoi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #858 on: February 18, 2007, 10:02:05 AM »
kung taga North ka lang abyss... bka ako pa mismo maghatid syo ng scalarizer :)
pero im very shure that the long wait for this thing to go into your hand is really worth it... medyo nakakainip nga lang

San Simon Pampanga office ko... anyone here from North na gusto ma try effects ng SCALARIZER are free to go there, just pay for the tolll fee before you exit the NLEX :)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #859 on: February 18, 2007, 10:44:41 AM »
tochits,

Nasa States si abyssinianson :D

Abbys:

Yes, I can send out some via EMS (rates are at www.philpost.gov.ph) , and get paid via www.xoom.com . PM me and I'll send you my details. Minimum shipping via EMS is P800 up to 500 grams. :D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 11:05:42 AM by BAMF »

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #860 on: February 18, 2007, 11:02:33 AM »
And FYI I remember that day very distinctly. It was a monday and we were kinda thrilled to go. I was thinking if Arie liked the scalarizer, he might introduce me to Barbie Almalbis.  Crush ko yun e. Married to a Honasan, notwithstanding. Di naman ako seloso masyado e.  :mrgreen:

But Arie's text to Anton : me lakad sila ni Lito . It was very specific. The next text a few days down Arie texted  "daan ka pag me time ka. Dalhin mo Greco mo, papakita ko sa yo kung ano hinahanap ko". Something to the effect.  So no specific date.

So it's not a matter of who makes the first move. We'd still gladly go as we have nothing against Arie, notwithstanding his being tainted by his association with you. Anton is now on the night shift and I am horribly busy with the volume of orders I'm getting, as well as adjusting production processes here and there.

But sure, if this makes you sleep better, I'll make the time to go.

Maybe I can still get to meet Barbie  :evil:

Well you better check again with Anton.  Arie was waiting the whole day and Arie never ever said he would go to PIMP.  He is too busy fixing too many guitars.  As I remember correctly, si Anton ang magpapaset-up and we all know that Arie does not do home service because of the current load for repair. 

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #861 on: February 18, 2007, 11:06:53 AM »
I wonder if the scalarizers look like improvised bombs.  Baka maharang sa x-ray.  No joke.

I had a box of 6 bottles of fat-reducing pills that somehow could have looked like a time bomb, which caused serious shipping delays.  Hence I switched to dieting (which didn't seem to work either.)  :-D

Jobet, dapat siguro maging discreet ang pagkaka-package.  And if you can add an instructional guide, much better...

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #862 on: February 18, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »
Actually, I'm already shipping things that look more sinister than the scalarizers. Tipo bang mukhang detonator ng bomba talaga. Hahaha. Laging nahaharang. Buti na lang DHL takes very good care of my account. I love them to bits !

Fraudulent and Xelalien,

Yup it does cut through the mix. Ayaw ko i-contaminate ang observations nyo so di ko muna share yung ibang findings. Pero clue. Try nyo sya ng malayo talaga from an amp. Say 20 feet away. :D

Thanks ngapala for the glowing review.

Back to regular programming. Tama na showbiz !

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #863 on: February 18, 2007, 11:17:24 AM »
BAMF, I wonder where my other thread went... Sorry for the wrong title...  really wasn't my intention to cause a commotion.  Not until... huwag na nga lang...

So when are you available on WEEKDAYS?  I mean, office hours?  Gonna bring my rig... Maybe I'll just get the scalarizers first, then the push-pull pots later. 

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #864 on: February 18, 2007, 11:23:20 AM »
Actually, I'm already shipping things that look more sinister than the scalarizers. Tipo bang mukhang detonator ng bomba talaga. Hahaha. Laging nahaharang. Buti na lang DHL takes very good care of my account. I love them to bits !

Fraudulent and Xelalien,

Yup it does cut through the mix. Ayaw ko i-contaminate ang observations nyo so di ko muna share yung ibang findings. Pero clue. Try nyo sya ng malayo talaga from an amp. Say 20 feet away. :D

Thanks ngapala for the glowing review.

Back to regular programming. Tama na showbiz !

Kamukhang bomba? Ay sh*t. The last thing I need is trouble with Homeland security and a visit from the local FBI spooks! I can already see trying to convince someone that it isn't a bad thing - its a Scalarizer! Maybe I will wait when I visit the Phils next year..lol
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 11:24:50 AM by abyssinianson »

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #865 on: February 18, 2007, 11:36:30 AM »
Actually, a small number have been shipped out to the US already. No problems that I know of, it can just be labelled as capacitor  or something like that. I was referring to my other shipments, and not the scalarizer :D

Dodj, I'm at the shop every weekday from 2-9pm :D

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #866 on: February 18, 2007, 01:03:37 PM »
I was scalarized last night! Thanks for DominantChord and BAMF!

My MIJ Squier is suddenly singing. I thought the reverb in the Yamaha amp was on when Dominant was slinging away, it was at zero pala. The clarity and the presence of the strings finally appeared. Now, I just have to replace my crappy HS-3.

On my $99 (5,000) Epi LP Jr Special (Now, at 5,500 because of a tootsie roll): The muddines was gone. Clear and a little more mid range tone. The great Anton jammed on it with Elmo. Man, Anton knows how to play. He played 5 genres in 2 minutes.  He was even better dressed than me! The EPI sang like Larry Carlton with Anton picking the strings. Anton on a $99 guitar will always be better than a $4,000 amp.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline reps

« Reply #867 on: February 18, 2007, 01:10:51 PM »
Mr BAMF, kailan po kukuha ng supplies si kanshooter sa inyo?  :-D
feedback is your friend

Offline Perf_De_Castro

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #868 on: February 18, 2007, 01:12:36 PM »
Anton on a $99 guitar will always be better than a $4,000 amp.

Except perhaps Anton on a $4,000 amp ;)

Offline mugen

« Reply #869 on: February 18, 2007, 01:22:32 PM »

sana makarating na rin ng United Arab Emirates ang Scalarizer hehehehehe

Salamat sir BAMF, astig ang gawa nyo pang-World Class!

Sir BAMF sana nga makarating na sa U.A.E. yung SCALARIZER..

@Trem, bro PM mo ako kapag magpapadala ka...Order ako ng 3 metal & 3 Crystal.....

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #870 on: February 18, 2007, 01:27:49 PM »
Actually, a small number have been shipped out to the US already. No problems that I know of, it can just be labelled as capacitor  or something like that. I was referring to my other shipments, and not the scalarizer :D

Dodj, I'm at the shop every weekday from 2-9pm :D

Ah, how big is this scalarizer? Also, what are the schematics for installing it?

Offline chito_eoi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #871 on: February 18, 2007, 01:46:12 PM »
Ah, how big is this scalarizer? Also, what are the schematics for installing it?

its the tootsie-roll with a leg  :-)

It's a small tootsie-roll candy shaped device. An add-on small enough to fit into the cavities of most (if not all) electric guitars. You remove the wire connecting the pickup selector switch and volume control and replace that with this instead. Think of it as a wire replacement. Nothing else needs to be touched inside the guitar, just those two solder joints.

RAKENROLL~!!

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #872 on: February 18, 2007, 02:06:03 PM »

Jobet, eto ba yung white dickie with the wrapped copper? :lol:

Had mine scalarized! Se this happy smile?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :-D
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #873 on: February 18, 2007, 02:12:56 PM »
I wonder if the scalarizers look like improvised bombs. 

Lagyan mo ng logo na "Acme" sa gilid, pwede na. Parang sa cartoons. ;-)

Offline boy_noel

« Reply #874 on: February 18, 2007, 06:57:03 PM »
sir bamf totoo ba malapit na magmahal to? omigad! kelangan na magpakabit!
rock & funk!!!