hulika

Author Topic: NUX MFX-10 DISCUSSION  (Read 41454 times)

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
NUX MFX-10 DISCUSSION
« on: June 10, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »
What are your thoughts on the NUX MFX-10 Guitar Multi-effects Processor?

I'm thinkin of getting one... I just wana try how it feels like...

Your feedback is very much appreciated....

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
Re: NUX MFX-10 DISCUSSION
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:17:50 PM »
anyone there who owns a NUX MFX-10 ???

i need a personal review on this unit before i get it  :-D

Offline chinchan

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 02:18:38 PM »
It sounds good in my opinion, I just wish that it can assign different amp models on each channel, because Amp A/B can switch channels of same amp model. Other than that its a good Multi effects. I bought it at 5.5k and I can say that its really Good for that price.   :)

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 12:00:57 AM »
Thanks for the feedback bro... I appreciate it so much... will try one tomorrow... let's see how it goes...

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 12:44:57 AM »
got my hands and that baby and it's pretty decent...

the delays are good and you have plenty to choose from and it's separated from the modulation (thank goodness for that coz the delay in the ME70 is with the MODS hahaha and i can't use both when i do the looper)

I'm ok with the amp simulations and Cabinets ( I only play at home so I use the effects as a pre-amp... I hate the pre-amp on my HOT CABS Amplifier)

The Distortions are great from something like a tube screamer style to the heavy ones... fair enough for me :)

Chorus is much better i think as compared to that on the ME70 hehehe (ME70 peace out i still love you) more range and there's not only 1 chorus on this baby :)

Pretty much this unit will serve you well on your daily home use... can be a handy for recording... might also be good for a gig (make sure you get your tone first before you go to war with this ^_^)

This unit is good by the buck! Not that pricey and cheap (considering it's a Chinese brand) just alright ^_^

You can spend hours and hours tinkering this unit and create as many sound types as you want... I'd compare this to the Zoom GFX5 but the NUX MFX-10 is better (again this is my opinion) hahaha...

Comments are most welcome  :-D  :-P  :-D  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:

Offline half_empty

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 10:05:30 AM »
well sabi nila combination ng me25 at rp335 tong mfx10. balak ko din bumili, thanks sa mga reviews.

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 01:14:24 PM »
it's a good buy for its price range...

you get a 20second looper and can be simultaneous with the drum machine hehehe

good for small gigs and home use

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 11:48:35 PM »
ok so i managed to record something for your listening displeasure   :lol: :lol: :lol:

i ain't the best player there is, and my plying style is kinda messed-up  :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m1PS-ykoYM&feature=youtu.be

Gear Used:
Guitar - Jackson Charvel CDS-075
Effects - Nux MFX-10 Multi-effects

I connected the guitar and multi straight to the laptop and recorded via Windows Sound Recorder. So the sound is raw and unedited...

Feel free to comment, bash, flame and all  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 06:38:52 PM »
up for those who want to get some info on this multi  :-P :-P :-P

Offline Aborks

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 02:31:32 PM »
mga bro, ano body nito? metal or plastic?

kamusta ang wah / volume pedal? sound at construction? POT or optical?

any other feedback not mentioned?

Offline zeph

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 02:57:11 PM »
sakin naman yung NUX MG-100 ang binili ko mas mura pero 40 sec ang looper pwede rin sabayan ng drum machine
malaking tulong sa pag-aaral ng scales, chord progression at music writing

malaking tulong din yung AUX neto para sa mga nagprapractice with backing tracks
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 03:00:05 PM by zeph »

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 09:20:43 PM »
mga bro, ano body nito? metal or plastic?

kamusta ang wah / volume pedal? sound at construction? POT or optical?

any other feedback not mentioned?
Body is a metal chasis.
The Wah is pretty decent coz you can adjust the range. Adjustment pots but the reading is digital. It has a 20s looper. Best placed on a P.A. System rather using a kick ass amplifier. You can use speakers and still get a good sound for practice and home use.

Offline Aborks

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 10:22:22 AM »
@ hetfield_2k2, salamat sa info.

@ zeph, ikino-compare ko nga yung MG-100 sa MFX-10. leaning towards MG-100 because of the 40 sec vs 20 sec loopeer then baka bumili na lang ako ng separate wah kung sakali at gamitin ko na lang na volume pedal yung expression pedal nya. haven't decided yet. kamusta ang construction ng MG-100? mukhang plastic ang body like it's digitech and zoom equivalents. kamusta ang wah? pot din ba?

Offline zeph

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 04:23:59 PM »
@ zeph, ikino-compare ko nga yung MG-100 sa MFX-10. leaning towards MG-100 because of the 40 sec vs 20 sec loopeer then baka bumili na lang ako ng separate wah kung sakali at gamitin ko na lang na volume pedal yung expression pedal nya. haven't decided yet. kamusta ang construction ng MG-100? mukhang plastic ang body like it's digitech and zoom equivalents. kamusta ang wah? pot din ba?

polymer yata ang tawag sa body nito, metal parts naman
I suggest na bili ka muna tapos saka ka magdecide kung kelangan mo pa ng separate na wah

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 07:59:11 PM »
@ hetfield_2k2, salamat sa info.

The difference between the two is, yes the looper is one. But the biggest is the Amp Channel. MG100 only has 1 channel while the the MFX-10 has 2 channels. So if both have 12 amp types, the MFX-10 has an advantage coz you will get the second channel of the amp model. There are also differences on the amp simulation coz the MFX-10 has a DS1 modeler  :-D

The MFX-10 works great for me. I hope I shed some light between the two fx  :-D rock on bro!

Offline Aborks

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 11:16:00 AM »
polymer yata ang tawag sa body nito, metal parts naman
I suggest na bili ka muna tapos saka ka magdecide kung kelangan mo pa ng separate na wah

good advice zeph!  i just might do that. choosing na lang between mfx10 and mg100.

Offline Aborks

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 11:26:01 AM »
The difference between the two is, yes the looper is one. But the biggest is the Amp Channel. MG100 only has 1 channel while the the MFX-10 has 2 channels. So if both have 12 amp types, the MFX-10 has an advantage coz you will get the second channel of the amp model. There are also differences on the amp simulation coz the MFX-10 has a DS1 modeler  :-D

The MFX-10 works great for me. I hope I shed some light between the two fx  :-D rock on bro!

i guess for me who is only a hobbyist, mfx-10 might just a little too much for what i need. i jam occasionally with friends and former band mates pero di naman regular. siguro once every quarter at least. madalas sa bahay or sa inuman lang. thanks again for the input. peace!  :)

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 06:58:59 PM »
i guess for me who is only a hobbyist, mfx-10 might just a little too much for what i need. i jam occasionally with friends and former band mates pero di naman regular. siguro once every quarter at least. madalas sa bahay or sa inuman lang. thanks again for the input. peace!  :)

More than welcome bro! I'll try to help whenever I can and if I have some info on the materials being asked...

Offline narmario17

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 10:08:37 AM »
Salamat sir hetfield!

Nawala na tuloy ang agam agam ko kung bibili ba ako nito. hahaha. Nice demo by the way. So naii-store pala ung na-record mo sa looper? so pwede mo nalang gamitin ng paulit-ulit? Ed ang sarap na magpractice ng solos nyan. May drum machine pa.

TALK@PHILMUSIC rocks!  :-D
"Hindi na beginner sa guitars. Pero beginner pa lang sa forums. Magiging kasing galing nyo din siguro"

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 06:44:47 PM »
Salamat sir hetfield!

Nawala na tuloy ang agam agam ko kung bibili ba ako nito. hahaha. Nice demo by the way. So naii-store pala ung na-record mo sa looper? so pwede mo nalang gamitin ng paulit-ulit? Ed ang sarap na magpractice ng solos nyan. May drum machine pa.

TALK@PHILMUSIC rocks!  :-D

Yes bro you can store a 20 second loop and umuulit ulit lang yun. Ang maganda pa is meron drum machine so you can practice your scales endlessly and it's fun. What ever you wana ask about this device please don't hesitate to ask and I'm more than happy to tell what I know and experienced.  :-D

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 10:17:42 PM »
pwede baitong maging preamp para sa guitar amp's efx loop return? may sinok o wala pag mag lilipat ng patch/effects? pwede ba itong manual/stompbox mode like zoom g3?

Offline reyes.jerome

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 03:22:04 AM »
It sounds good in my opinion, I just wish that it can assign different amp models on each channel, because Amp A/B can switch channels of same amp model. Other than that its a good Multi effects. I bought it at 5.5k and I can say that its really Good for that price.   :)

HI Sir, just want to ask, where did manage to buy our NUX MFX-10? And for the last month , do you have any comments or sudgestion how to use it wisely. Thanks! i appriciate your comments on this. Salamat.

Offline narmario17

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 08:35:07 AM »
HI Sir, just want to ask, where did manage to buy our NUX MFX-10? And for the last month , do you have any comments or sudgestion how to use it wisely. Thanks! i appriciate your comments on this. Salamat.

Sir try mo dito sa electrosushi:
http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/5263080/NUX+MFX+10+Multi+Effects+Processor+%28Brand+New%29?referralKeywords=electrosushi&event=Search+Ranking,Position,1-13,13

alam ko ikaw mismo kukuha then pwede mo na din i-test sa mismong store nyan. naging client nya na franco kaya sure akong ok sya.  dami din nyang ibang products (guitars, stompboxes, etc.) sana makatulong. =)
"Hindi na beginner sa guitars. Pero beginner pa lang sa forums. Magiging kasing galing nyo din siguro"

Offline reyes.jerome

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »
Sir try mo dito sa electrosushi:
http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/5263080/NUX+MFX+10+Multi+Effects+Processor+%28Brand+New%29?referralKeywords=electrosushi&event=Search+Ranking,Position,1-13,13

alam ko ikaw mismo kukuha then pwede mo na din i-test sa mismong store nyan. naging client nya na franco kaya sure akong ok sya.  dami din nyang ibang products (guitars, stompboxes, etc.) sana makatulong. =)

Thank you so much Sir, I appriciate it a lot.  :)

Offline hetfield_2k2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 09:33:07 PM »

I got my Nux from a trade online... It would be better to use it on a Power Amplifier rather than a very good amp imho... Make sure your turn on the Mixer/Phones button on para mas real yung lalabas na sound... I'm content with the pre-amps and this unit is fair enough for it's price range... sturdy and tough coz it has a metal chasis... I'm done with this unit and selling it hahaha... it's not that I don't want it anymore... just another case of GAS  :lol: :lol: :lol: