hulika

Author Topic: "magpapagawa ako ng Dumble clone..."  (Read 14217 times)

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: "magpapagawa ako ng Dumble clone..."
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 03:13:15 PM »
clone yung pinapagawa.. hindi "dumble".. only dumble can make a dumble. whether the result cops the characteristics of an actual dumble is besides the point. when you are asking for a clone, you are asking for an approximation of the original. since it's an approximation, the result will most likely not be equal to the original.. if it is, then it's your lucky day!

assuming schematics was verified to be from a dumble amp, and you follow the schematic down to the last value, the result should not be that far off. you cannot clone a fender with the sound of a boogie. electronics is more science than art. magkakatalo na lang sa tolerance level nung mga parts na ginamit.

the purpose of having a clone built is for the end user to have an idea and experience what the original may sound or look like, then use it for whatever purpose he deemed right.. if i'm asking for a perfect result, i'd hunt down dumble (if he's still alive) and have him build me one of his amps at gun point.. i'll pay after  :-D

kung ang dahilan lang ng builder kung baket ayaw nya gawin yung clone eh dahil di pa nakakaexperience ng original dumble yung kliyente, eh sinasabi nya na dapat di gumagawa ng clone coz it's highly probable na yung bumibili ng clone eh di pa nakakaexperience ng orig.

for me the reasoning is bullcrap
Surf's Up!

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 03:24:18 PM »
clone yung pinapagawa.. hindi "dumble".. only dumble can make a dumble. whether the result cops the characteristics of an actual dumble is besides the point. when you are asking for a clone, you are asking for an approximation of the original. since it's an approximation, the result will most likely not be equal to the original.. if it is, then it's your lucky day!

assuming schematics was verified to be from a dumble amp, and you follow the schematic down to the last value, the result should not be that far off. you cannot clone a fender with the sound of a boogie. electronics is more science than art. magkakatalo na lang sa tolerance level nung mga parts na ginamit.

the purpose of having a clone built is for the end user to have an idea and experience what the original may sound or look like, then use it for whatever purpose he deemed right.. if i'm asking for a perfect result, i'd hunt down dumble (if he's still alive) and have him build me one of his amps at gun point.. i'll pay after  :-D

kung ang dahilan lang ng builder kung baket ayaw nya gawin yung clone eh dahil di pa nakakaexperience ng original dumble yung kliyente, eh sinasabi nya na dapat di gumagawa ng clone coz it's highly probable na yung bumibili ng clone eh di pa nakakaexperience ng orig.

I think the builder is not nuts to think his client has ever plugged to a Dumble.  Heck, even a lot of Americans in America have not yet plugged to a Dumble. 

When the builder talked to me about it, he was more into the logic of why would one want a Dumble if he has no idea (literally no idea) about how it is supposed to sound?  The guy also has also analyzed several Dumble clones, including Brunos, and he even mentioned that he was dumbfounded when the circuit of the Brunos were far from special. And why the $5000 tag? 

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 03:28:30 PM »

i agree as well, lots of question or inquiries he could've asked.  smart mouth ah, well thats just my opinion, parang labo kasi non sabi niya, or he is just not up to the task

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 03:31:24 PM »
i agree as well, lots of question or inquiries he could've asked.  smart mouth ah, well thats just my opinion, parang labo kasi non sabi niya, or he is just not up to the task

Now this I can assure is a false assumption.

Offline Decay. Sustain. Release.

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 03:32:43 PM »
"kung gusto, maraming paraan.. kung ayaw.. maraming dahilan"

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 03:32:52 PM »
When the builder talked to me about it, he was more into the logic of why would one want a Dumble if he has no idea (literally no idea) about how it is supposed to sound? 

so why are you asking him to build you a clone?

The guy also has also analyzed several Dumble clones, including Brunos, and he even mentioned that he was dumbfounded when the circuit of the Brunos were far from special. And why the $5000 tag? 

i've been wondering about the same thing about all those boutique stuff. only reason i could think off is exclusivity.
Surf's Up!

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »
I'm sure the builder's intentions were noble. I salute him for not pulling the trigger agad even if it means na kikita siya. I guess masama lang talaga dating nung sagot niya sa marami dito (including me). Like I said, some of us here order pedals without hearing them in person because we have no other choice but we are aware of the risks. Seems like the customer isnt, and its the builder's responsibility to inform him.
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline toybitz

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 03:35:08 PM »
what if the buyer, wanted to hear how a dumble sounds like?
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 03:35:27 PM »
so why are you asking him to build you a clone?

i've been wondering about the same thing about all those boutique stuff. only reason i could think off is exclusivity.

No I didn't ask him.  He just told me a story about another client.

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 03:36:20 PM »
what if the buyer, wanted to hear how a dumble sounds like?

or at least an approximation, so he could see for himself what everyone is raving about. Yun nga lang, sana magresearch muna siya bago siya magpabuild agad.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 03:37:27 PM by boogsy »

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2009, 03:37:14 PM »
ah i see... we'll if i were the builder, i'd just set expectations and educate the client as much as i can para lang walang sisihan.. normal lang naman yun eh..
Surf's Up!

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2009, 03:37:43 PM »

Put it this way man.  gagastos ang client.  Ano ba yung gusto ng client?  Dambol ba?  Siguro.  Eh alam ba niya ang tunog ng Dambol?  Hindi.

Logical yung Dahilan na iyon ng builder.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2009, 03:38:09 PM »
Now this I can assure is a false assumption.

could be, but his reasoning or answer is out of line, kung di niya trip dumble, he could've said "hmmm di pa ako nakagawa non, dami kasi tone na sinasabi na dumble daw eh, which dumble tone ba trip mo? carlton, ford, etc., blah blah blah, pwede kasi lahat naman etc.,,"

mismo.....kasi pag ganito kalaki un task at hand, its make or break, career defining kumbaga, either ikaw un naka clone or dagdag ka sa statistic ng mga nagfail  :mrgreen:

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2009, 03:42:12 PM »
ah i see... we'll if i were the builder, i'd just set expectations and educate the client as much as i can para lang walang sisihan.. normal lang naman yun eh..

ito siguro un point or dapat tinakbo ng usapan.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2009, 03:45:39 PM »
whats stopping this person from ordering a cheap ceriatone kit? they have ODS model....Dambol clone.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2009, 03:47:01 PM »
whats stopping this person from ordering a cheap ceriatone kit? they have ODS model....Dambol clone.

Ceriatone Overtone is still ekspensib por us Pinoys.

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2009, 03:47:40 PM »

The Philippine Bureau of Customs. Kidding. :D

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2009, 04:01:49 PM »
Kung walang prinsipyo yung amp builder, hindi ba parang "the emperor's new clothes" ito?

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2009, 04:15:07 PM »
Kung walang prinsipyo yung amp builder, hindi ba parang "the emperor's new clothes" ito?

Only if the customer pursues it and pretends to like it kahit masama tunog.

itchybrain

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2009, 04:56:27 PM »
Put it this way man.  gagastos ang client.  Ano ba yung gusto ng client?  Dambol ba?  Siguro.  Eh alam ba niya ang tunog ng Dambol?  Hindi.

Logical yung Dahilan na iyon ng builder.

Nabanggit ba ng nag-kwento sa iyo  kung merong Schematics ang CLIENT?

Offline paul_sigua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2009, 04:58:25 PM »
OT:

skunkyfunk, magkano magpagawa sa kanya ng dumble clone?

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2009, 05:12:24 PM »
if i got the original schematics , and parts for the amp ..
pagagawa ko na ...hindi naman sya siguro gagamit ng fender BD na schematics kung magpapagawa ka ng "dumble" clone..

pagawa mo na skunk for the meantime, you'll eventually get a real Dumble in the future anyway.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 05:13:32 PM by dantuts »
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2009, 05:13:41 PM »
To know about Dumbles is to know the whole story about them and the mystique that it holds to a lot of people.

Mahabang istorya yan. you only have to do a search on the word "Dumble" on www.thegearpage.net to come up with tons of threads about it, each 100++ pages long.

Long story short, on side you have the select few who can afford and actually own one (Howard has to actually WANT to make one for you btw, and it can take YEARS for him to finish an amp). On the other side you have people who can only afford the clones (Carol Ann, Fuchs, Bruno, Two Rock etc), and claim that they have THE Dumble tone for less dollars. kARAMIHAN SA MGA YUN HINDI PA NAKAGAMIT NG TUTUONG DUMBLE, so paano nila nalaman na magkatunog nga?  :roll:

Truth is, no two Dumble amps sound the same. One schematic is no guarantee that you get the sound of Larry Carlton or Robben Ford or Carlos Santana, all of which sound drastically different. Howard Dumble tunes his amps according to the player.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 12:12:53 PM by spankyrigor »
We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2009, 05:15:27 PM »
well.. you do have a point.
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »
If you guys do a google search you'll find out that this whole topic of Dumble Amps have regressed to that of a joke at some extremes.

I assure you, if it were some other brand, iba ang takbo ng usapan.
We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814