hulika

Author Topic: Wally G and Pepe Smith to Rock Australia  (Read 4422 times)

Offline Allan Roy

Wally G and Pepe Smith to Rock Australia
« on: September 29, 2006, 05:28:23 PM »
CROSSOVER LIVE 2!
JUAN DE LA CRUZ DUO READY TO ROCK AUSTRALIA
Joey “Pepe” Smith & Wally Gonzalez @ Crossover Live 2

Original Pinoy rock has influenced the Philippine music industry since the early 70’s. Two of Philippine rock’s legendary and most influential artists are coming to Australian shores in October for a series of rock concerts.

Juan de la Cruz lead singer and original drummer Joey “Pepe” Smith and rock & blues guitar icon Wally Gonzalez will re-unite at Bowman Hall in Blacktown and give Filipino-Australians a taste of the classic Pinoy rock’n’roll. They will be joined by rising international soul diva Kat Agarrado and accompanied by Sydney’s Larrikin Blues Band. Support acts include emerging bands IskatchTape and Green Thumb.

The Crossover Live concept is the second installment for HOOPdreamz. In their first venture in January 2006, HOOPdreamz launched rock guru Gonzalez alongside Acoustic king Paolo Santos to the adoring Philippine- Australian community. It was a big hit, and now the second show will introduce an even bigger rock symbol in Smith and Gonzalez.

Crossover Live 2 will be held at Bowman Hall, Campbell St, Blacktown on October 13, 2006. Tickets are now on sale.

Booking: www.crossoverlive.com.au
Office – (02) 8814 6271
Mobile – 0420307753
Email – info@hoopdreamz.com.au

Offline Allan Roy

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 01:31:34 PM »
watch this ...... especially those in sydney

Offline ortigas

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 01:55:11 PM »
We will be there!  :twisted:

Offline Allan Roy

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 07:31:14 PM »
sir ....kwento ka naman after the gig....and posts some pics ...salamat

Offline ortigas

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 09:34:03 AM »
You've got it!!! Maybe by Sunday, I'll have some pix up.

Offline ortigas

New Pics from Blacktown, Australia
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 11:17:51 PM »
Here are some pics from last Saturday. Will try to take some good ones of the gig this Friday and post some more. Peace!

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 11:31:21 PM »
oi ayus yan migs \m/  Rock N' Roll

Kick azZ!!!
You won't get what you expect, You get what you deserve

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 08:49:29 AM »
Hey nice to see Dr. Ted in there. I played for him once at Greenbelt, he called the instant blues band  "Dr. Ted and the Healers."  8) Miguel do you know a guy there in Oz named Edd Aragon? The cartoonist?

Offline Allan Roy

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 07:09:23 PM »
galing ng pictures, especially si Piyaps...... thanks migs !!!! more ! more more !

Offline ortigas

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 11:38:18 PM »
More it is!!! Enjoy guys....

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 09:29:03 AM »
Hindi naman kalakihan yun mga pics migs okay nga e, un lang sa mga 56k users medyo baka hindi mag load :D

more!!!! more!!!!!
You won't get what you expect, You get what you deserve

Offline ortigas

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 10:23:48 AM »
Quote from: pinoymusika
Hey nice to see Dr. Ted in there. I played for him once at Greenbelt, he called the instant blues band  "Dr. Ted and the Healers."  8) Miguel do you know a guy there in Oz named Edd Aragon? The cartoonist?

Yes, I met Edd about 2 months ago in Blacktown. His was the exhibit where the pics of the jam were taken. I'll see him tonight at the actual concert of Wally and Pepe.  :twisted:

Offline free

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 01:25:46 PM »
BEST! NIGHT! EVER! not only did i have the privilege of watching THE juan dela cruz band, i was also able to rub shoulders with them in the after party!

the highlights of the evening:

- wally gonzales' version of john lennon's imagine with kat agarrado. halfway through the instrumental part, wally teased the crowd  by playing the solo of himig natin chucked into it. the crowd went nuts!

- juan dela cruz playing himig natin with pepe smith singing a totally new starting verse for the classic song! i was fortunate enough to have recorded it on my camera. want a copy? PM me :D

- pepe smith going nuts on the percussions (congas, i think they were)

- bumping into MASTER miguel ortigas after the show. we're not worthy!

- me having a few drinks and cracking jokes with the legendary pepe smith in the after-party! totally not worthy! :twisted:

"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it". - Edith Sitwell

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 12:28:32 PM »
I love Pepe's shades!! GROOVY man, hehehe

And Miguel, looks like the Oz lifestyle fits you pretty well you're looking almost as trim as Pepe! Keep up the good work!!

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2006, 03:35:41 PM »
Sayang, una at huli kong nakita si Pepe Smith, sa SM North Edsa yata, 9 years old palang ako nun.. katabi ko sya sa hobby shop. huhuhu :cry:

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 12:50:07 PM »
Wow.  Pepe reminds me of the typical rockstar who has lived life at the edge, and Keef comes to mind.  Hope Pepe doesn't do swan dives from coconut trees just like Keith R.  On the other hand, Wally looks like the older statesman-rocker who has mellowed with age but still packs a mean stinger up his sleeves.  Another Rolling Stoner comes to mind:  Charlie Watts.

Offline ortigas

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 02:37:03 PM »

And Miguel, looks like the Oz lifestyle fits you pretty well you're looking almost as trim as Pepe! Keep up the good work!!

Mwahahaha!!! Are you kidding, pare? I'm well over 200 lbs these days  :lol: . Hope to shed some off before coming home. See ya man!  8)

Offline RonnieA

Nice Pixs
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 10:08:32 PM »
Hi Miguel,

Ronnie A here from Manila. I guess you guys had a blast there down Under. Anyway, thanks for the pics for the legendary Juan de la cruz! Mabuhay kayo dyan and its really nice to know that Pinoy Rock is alive and well!

Maraming Salamat at buhay na buhay ang tugtugan dyan!

Nice to seeyour pics again--thelast time I saw you guys(Razorback) weer at the Kalye (tagal na nuon!) Ka banda ko before si Jose Marie before he turned into a rock star and turned corporate--hihihi! (reminiscing lang)

Offline ortigas

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 10:37:28 AM »
Salamat Ronnie! Good to hear encouragement. What was the name of the band with Cuervo in it? There were a couple of singers, right? Who were the other members? I remember that but my brain is fuzzy. Hehehe.  :lol: Peace!

Offline ortigas

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 03:00:44 PM »
Here's a link to more photos from the Juan Dela Cruz concert at Bowman Hall, Blacktown last Friday the 13th of October. Enjoy!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=zrsniep.b7h19cpx&x=1&y=x1k9hh

You have to sign in to see the pics. Thanks.

Offline free

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 05:23:01 PM »

you could buy those shades here in sydney for 5 bucks (approximately 200 pesos?). when i first saw them here i found them too hmmn..i dunno..try-hard-ish? but with pepe smith wearing them, they look pretty damn cool i guess only a few ppl could pull them off. bloody rock gods :)
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it". - Edith Sitwell

Offline guitarman_222

• Netizen Level
Re: Wally G and Pepe Smith to Rock Australia
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 03:24:17 PM »
 8) Miguel do you know a guy there in Oz named Edd Aragon? The cartoonist?

Edd Aragon actually did the "Juan De La Cruz" logo for the concert using his specialy UV paint used in his art exhibit the Saturday before the concert. Cast & Crew of Crossover Live 2 are as follows:

Wally Gonzalez - Guitars
Bert Rejante - Guitars
Martin Serra - Bass, Keyboard & Synth
Melchor Manila - Drums
Joey "Pepe" Smith - Vocals & Percussion
Kat Agarrado - Vocals

Musical Direction - Wally Gonzalez
Artistic Direction - Edd Aragon
Technical Coordiantion - Bert Rejante

Audio and Lighting Engineers -Gigs Entertainment

WATCH OUT FOR THE NEXT SHOW EARLY NEXT YEAR WITH SOME NEW GUEST PERFORMERS WITH "WALLY GONZALEZ & THE LARRIKIN BAND"