hulika

Author Topic: Photography as an Art  (Read 1539 times)

Offline angeloesteban14

• Philmusicus Addictus
Photography as an Art
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:08:08 PM »
I just want to hear your opinion if photography is an art or not? and why? hehe just want to get ideas from photographers like you guys for my aesthetics class :-)

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Photography as an Art
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:46:15 PM »
I think photography IS an art because it's more than mere representation of situations or scenes. Every photographer has their own take on a situation/scene, that's why different photographers tend to take different-looking pictures even at the same vantage point, or even with similar settings. Now that digital photography is really popular, there's a bigger (and easier) opportunity to insert "art" into photography via post-processing. Photographers can really infuse a picture with the mood/message that they want to convey.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:04:58 PM »
photography doesn't end with perfect lighting, exposure, focus, composition, framing... there is more to photography than getting sharp images... and this is shown on a photographer's perspective... though subjective, it brings out something from the photographer's point of view...

give two photographer's a subject and they will give you lots of ways on how they'll convey the message through their photos...

most of the compelling photos i've seen recently are actually not the sharpest, nor great looking, but there is something in them that touches your inner self, your soul...

everyone can take photos, TRUE, but not all can take great photos...

Photography is an art in the sense that it's possibilities of expressing oneself through images is limitless... just like paintings but definitely in a different way...

hope you got what i'm trying to say here  :-D

Offline angeloesteban14

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 10:50:54 PM »
Great! Thanks guys! :-)

Offline palmmuteboi

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 09:23:32 AM »
for me photography has always been an art. I think of it as a pinting.

When shooting in film, Film is my canvass, light and camera as my paint.

When shooting in digital, Camera is my canvas, light and subject will be my paint.

Either way it has always been an art. But of course like other masterpiece. Beauty still lies in the eye of the beholder. How can you appreciate art if you dont know art. :)
Like us : facebook.com/Guitarispa
Subscribe : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuCgSf6rTrXcF7Z5eORMVYA

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 03:22:33 PM »
Where there is appreciation, there is art. Where there is art, there's creativity.
Creativity starts from impossible...from a blank mind.

As you open your eyes from falling asleep, creativity begins, art follows, then appreciation ( however it is appreciated ).

ex: Paggising sa umaga ( open your eyes and you looked at the clock, and its 9AM )... PU****NA LATE NA AKO!!!! ( creativity )... arrives at office, galit si Boss... ano rason mo ba't late ka ( ART follows - kasama na pag-arte at pagkukunwari may lagnat ka, etc ),... boss says ( if your lucky ebough ) : uwi ka na pahinga ka muna... then you appreciate

Photography is all about seeing... and reading between the images that you see.
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

https://www.facebook.com/allenvcpascua