hulika

Author Topic: Wireless-N routers.  (Read 2126 times)

Offline andrew_O_O

• Philmusicus Addictus
Wireless-N routers.
« on: May 05, 2009, 11:25:33 PM »
my router at the moment is a linksys wireless-G router.

my problem at the moment is that the range doesn't reach far enough. (i have another computer at the other end of the house. around 30-40ft far.) i get either a 1/5 signal or none at all.

so i might upgrade to a wireless-N router seeing as how many people over the net say that wireless N routers have larger coverage.

my question is...

if i were to upgrade to a wireless-N router, given that my PC still uses a wireless G adapter,

will it be able to experience a stronger signal? or would i have to upgrade my adapter to wireless N also in order to get stronger signal?

(note that im talking about the strength of the signal, not the speed.) i can live with the speeds i get out of ordinary wireless-G. i know that wireless G is slower than wireless N. i only need the long range that people over the net say i can get out of wireless-N.

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Wireless-N routers.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 07:07:28 AM »
Yes, you would also need to upgrade your wireless adapter to a N to get a stronger signal.

Offline d2wrd

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 08:54:05 PM »
the signal strength of your router from its origin to its recipient (30 to 40 ft apart) depends upon the obstruction such as the number of walls, etc. that's it is better to put your router to a place free from any obstruction so that you can get a good signal.

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:28:43 PM »
my question is...

if i were to upgrade to a wireless-N router, given that my PC still uses a wireless G adapter,

will it be able to experience a stronger signal? or would i have to upgrade my adapter to wireless N also in order to get stronger signal?

you will need a wireless n equipped notebook or a pci/pcmcia wireless n card. what you need is a signal booster. pero survey mo muna kung maraming wireless network sa lugar nyo. kung nag-iisa lang yang WAN sa area nyo, not much of a benefit din, except for the distance.
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline cebuano

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 01:40:38 PM »
I have used to have the gseries then I started using my wireless which was really slow. So I upgraded my router to Simultaneous Dual-N Band Wireless Router and bought a wireless n  adapter.

Yes you need an Nseries adapter too to increase its speed. Get the N Dual because it uses 2 pipelines for upload n download. I also tried just a regular NSeries na router slow parin. Im a gamer and plays bf2, crysis, farcry... :D

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 03:08:51 AM »
I have used to have the gseries then I started using my wireless which was really slow. So I upgraded my router to Simultaneous Dual-N Band Wireless Router and bought a wireless n  adapter.

Yes you need an Nseries adapter too to increase its speed. Get the N Dual because it uses 2 pipelines for upload n download. I also tried just a regular NSeries na router slow parin. Im a gamer and plays bf2, crysis, farcry... :D

Dude. Online games tayo minsan. Lol. Gamer din ako ng Farcry and Crysis. Pero never online. BF2 as in LOTR battle for middle earth 2?
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline cebuano

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 09:19:09 AM »
Dude. Online games tayo minsan. Lol. Gamer din ako ng Farcry and Crysis. Pero never online. BF2 as in LOTR battle for middle earth 2?

ano xfire mo? heto xfire ko ra1d0, add  lang.