hulika

Author Topic: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos  (Read 6337 times)

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
« on: May 12, 2007, 02:52:49 PM »
Bagong album ng Dream Theater, scheduled to be released on June 5th.

In The Presence of Enemies Pt.1 (9:00)
Forsaken (5:36)
Constant Motion (6:55)
The Dark Eternal Night (8:51)
Repentance (10:43)
Prophets Of War (6:01)
The Ministry of Lost Souls (14:57)
In The Presence of Enemies Pt.2 (16:38)

Napakinggan ko na! Mas maganda to kesa sa Octavarium. Lalo na yung Forsaken at Dark Eternal Night.
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline cowboyfromhell

Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 11:35:58 PM »
di ba po sir sa roadrunner records na cla naka label?

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 01:47:25 PM »
di ba po sir sa roadrunner records na cla naka label?

yeah.
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

Offline plastic jesus

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 02:49:59 PM »
gling tlg ng dt,,, meron na sa torrentz n2 sak ung paradise lost ng symhony x
matira matibay!

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 07:50:25 AM »
ok! aabangan ko to!
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline kharz23

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 12:55:48 PM »
wow..a new one...my mind will gonna be blown away by dt once again..ayus ah..halos karamihan sa mlupet n foreign bands nasa roadrunner na..wow talaga. :evil:
Love non-stop...and you'll see!!

Offline chevzaigen

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 07:09:40 PM »
ha ha hands up talaga ako sa kanila ang lulupet nla idol
To : panterica ok naman po ung octvarium basta pakinggan lang po ng mabuti

Offline Edward

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 08:25:46 PM »
Napakinggan ko palang sa album na 'to yung Dark Eternal Night pati yung Constant Motion. Di ko masyadong natripan yung Dark Eternal, di kasi bagay kay LaBrie yung medyo growl tapos kahalo sa boses ni Portnoy. Pero maganda rin naman Constant Motion.

Sa ngayon masasabi ko mas maganda yung Octavarium kesa sa Systematic Chaos, pero baka magbago rin kung alin mas maganda kung makabili man ako nung SC album.  :-D

Pero sana rin gumawa uli sila ng album na kagaya ng Images and Words tsaka Scenes From A Memory. :-D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 08:27:16 PM by Edward »
夢見

Offline fatboyrosqui

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 11:54:53 PM »
mga kapatid, painform na lang dito sa thread kung meron nang original CD dito sa Pinas ha - at kung saang record bar/s  :-D

download muna ako sa torrent ngayon pero bili na lang pag meron na  :-D

salamat po  :-D

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 05:59:12 AM »
Hanapin n'yo yung Special Edition version ng plaka.  May DVD s'yang kasama.  The content of the DVD is a 90 minute documentary about the making of the album directed and filmed by Portnoy himself and a 5.1 mix of the album.

Offline marko21

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 08:53:04 PM »
meron na ba nito d2?

ayos galing talaga nila  :-D

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 12:40:57 PM »
Hanapin n'yo yung Special Edition version ng plaka.  May DVD s'yang kasama.  The content of the DVD is a 90 minute documentary about the making of the album directed and filmed by Portnoy himself and a 5.1 mix of the album.

yup, maganda din yung dvd, napanuod ko na rin. hehehehe.

Offline SuperWeak!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 12:33:45 AM »
out na ba ung album nila??? anong nagbago sa style nila???

Im looking for this new album!

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 04:43:32 AM »
Mas gusto ko pa rin ang lumang DT.

Halos pare-pareho na yung tunog ng mga kanta nila.  I don't think I've had that hair-raising experience of being excited listening to their music since Scenes From A Memory.  Pabilisan na lang kasi sina JP tsaka si JR.  After Portnoy and JP decided that they aren't demoing any of their songs and recording everything in the studio the way they did the Liquid Tension Experiment albums, they lost me.  I've always liked it when they thought out their parts a lot more and really concentrated on their songwriting.  They should really try and get an outside producer to rein things in and trim the fat on some of their songs.

Awake pa rin talaga ang pinaka-paborito kong plaka nila.  I miss Kevin Moore (even if he himself doesn't want to be associated with the band in any shape or form any longer--and even leading to Portnoy's being vocal about his irritation over KM's attitude problem).

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 04:40:39 PM »
Mas gusto ko pa rin ang lumang DT.

Halos pare-pareho na yung tunog ng mga kanta nila.  I don't think I've had that hair-raising experience of being excited listening to their music since Scenes From A Memory.  Pabilisan na lang kasi sina JP tsaka si JR.  After Portnoy and JP decided that they aren't demoing any of their songs and recording everything in the studio the way they did the Liquid Tension Experiment albums, they lost me.  I've always liked it when they thought out their parts a lot more and really concentrated on their songwriting.  They should really try and get an outside producer to rein things in and trim the fat on some of their songs.

Awake pa rin talaga ang pinaka-paborito kong plaka nila.  I miss Kevin Moore (even if he himself doesn't want to be associated with the band in any shape or form any longer--and even leading to Portnoy's being vocal about his irritation over KM's attitude problem).

sir you got an article ba about KM departure?? tagal ko na nag hahanap eh. good thing dumating si Rudess after Sherinian kung hindi nako downward spiral na sila
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline SuperWeak!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 12:39:11 AM »
ser try sa en.wikipedia.org me article ata akong nakita tungol sa dt's kevin moore

Offline CYANIDE BOMB

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 10:47:42 AM »

I really like the old stuff parin pero i have a lot of respect for the new material. Its just the evolution theyre taking is isnt my cup of tea.

Offline low_end

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 01:35:19 AM »
narelease na po sa dito sa pinas??

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 09:46:32 AM »
This album rocks!! (WTF MP's snare sound changed!)  :mrgreen: This album is really unique. Unbelievably techincal. No "poppy" songs. Its a cross between..Train of Thought and Awake? The only song that's not heavy is Repentance. Steve Vai & Joe Sat are in the album as well (vocally).
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline SuperWeak!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 11:49:16 AM »
                I really like the old stuff parin pero i have a lot of respect for the new material. Its just the evolution theyre taking is isnt my cup of tea.

Roadrunner Records label nila e kaya siguro ginawa nilang heavy ang album nila... little dissapointed lang ako kasi (from my personal opinion?) para siyang me konting rip off??? riff ni petrucci just I remember dimebag w/the crying licks.. the song constant motion parang metallica??? the track "the dark eternal night" parang 46 & 2 na me halong massage to harry manback ng tool??? and one of the tracks sounded like dimmu borgir???the technicallities and untiming nandoon parin naman me mga sweeping pa akong naririnig sa "Forsaken" the track"Repentance" naman parang nirecycle lang nila yung "dying soul"

all in all its a good album dough di to ang the best :-D

just my opinion... :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 11:56:36 AM by SuperWeak! »

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 07:04:59 PM »

"Repentance" naman parang nirecycle lang nila yung "dying soul"

It's that way because it's part of Portnoy's 12-step epic (Repentance is actually broken into two parts within the song--for those keeping score, this is now part 8 and 9) which will one day be performed live in it's entirety once completed.  Hopefully that will come to fruition after the next album gets released.

I only really listened to this album for one week, and then didn't think of putting it back on the CD player again. 

If anything, I'm more excited about the upcoming Dream Theater official bootleg series.  They'll be releasing the demos for the Falling Into Infinity sessions, a live cover of the entire Made In Japan album originally done by Deep Purple, a DVD of their show in Bucharest, and I believe a double CD of a live date from the Kevin Moore era.

Langya, mababaon na ako sa utang pag ganyan sila mag-release ng material.

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 12:36:11 PM »
na download ko yun systematic chaos na album.. gusto ko yun The Dark Eternal Night and Ministry of Souls..

pansin ko sa DT parang medyo nag main-stream na sila.. hindi na totally prog metal.. pansinin niyo sa mga previous albums nila mas prog metal sila dun :)
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here

Offline Kin

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 07:57:01 PM »
My take/opinion on the latest DT album. Absolutely ass-kicking and brilliant.

If you all read the interviews, forums, seen the videos, blah... blah... You wouldn't be surprised to hear an album like this one after Octavarium.

Even before, they all admitted that, Yes! Some of their songs sounds a lot like this band and/or that band. Glass Prison for example is an obvious influence from Pantera. The Answer Lies Within inspired from Coldplay. I Walk Beside You from U2. The Great Debate from Tool. They're not ashamed about it because they are also a great fan of these bands. MP quoted once that "Hey! This sounds like Black Sabbath meets The Beach Boys" but they also put a twist of their own on to these songs.

Train of Thought is a conscious effort on their part to really make a heavy album after their Iron Maiden tribute album. After that they touch on their prog/pop side and the result is the Octavarium album.

IMO with their latest album they perfectly balanced their prog/metal and prog/pop songwriting skills because of it's modern sound, heaviness, the almost-never-ending prog solos, the epics, etc.

All in all. They are really progressing as a band with each album they make. Not sticking only to a one style of prog which is for me is what DT is all about.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 07:59:57 PM by Kin »
Carpe Diem

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2007, 03:35:35 PM »
Ipon na kayo ng pamasahe n'yo.  DT will be playing Singapore's Fort Canning Park on January 17, 2008.

They'll also be touring with Opeth on the next leg of their US tour around April/May.  Hopefully this time around, they'll be hitting up my side of the country unlike last time.

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2007, 09:30:25 AM »
sana magpunta yun DT sa Pinas.. kaso! for sure 5-10 k ang entrance fee :( :(
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here