hulika

Author Topic: Ryan Peralta Appreciation Thread!!!  (Read 7130 times)

Offline niNgpo

Ryan Peralta Appreciation Thread!!!
« on: May 26, 2008, 02:40:33 PM »
wahaha! napanuod ko ang isa sa mga video sa Youtube ni Sir Ryan Peralta
at Sir Mar  Dizon! Isang napakagandang Impromptu ang ginawa nila doon
sa 19 east! Napaka Musical!!! Sabi nila ay 17 palang daw si Sir Ryan ay nagututuro na siya sa Yamaha School of Music totoo ba toh?! Well masasabi ko talagang napakahusay ni Sir Ryan Peralta! Sinu dito makakapgbigay nang konting biography about Sir Ryan's drumming please do post!!! :)

Offline sandythedrummer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Ryan Peralta Appreciation Thread!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 04:35:09 PM »
Ryan is my fellow Churchmate. I got the chance to alternate with him 4 years ago in Ultra. Grabe pocket nito! Swak na swak talaga!!!!
Check him out sa album nila which was released 2 years ago. Ascension.
"I BELIEVE IN CHRIST LIKE I BELIEVE IN THE SUN. NOT BECAUSE I CAN SEE IT, BUT BY IT, I CAN SEE EVERYONE ELSE....."

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:01:03 PM »
Ryan Peralta is one of the grooviest Pinoy drummers I've ever seen and heard.  Napakasarap ng groove niya.  Very tasteful and always in the pocket.  And he's got amazing chops too!  Plus, he's a really nice guy.  Mismo talaga si bro Ryan.  I would love to think of him as one of the best kept secrets among Pinoy drummers.

Sandy is right.  Check out his recorded work with Ascension.  Yun ang band ni Ryan and his wife Bianca.

Ryan is also currently running a drum school named Drumstart.  Visit his Multiply site.  :-)

Offline Diadem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 06:26:43 AM »
ayun e si sir Ryan laking Baguio may mga bago siyang videos dun sa Baguio Leg.

Offline Sherwin_xx2002

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 09:39:45 AM »
ayun e si sir Ryan laking Baguio....

sa Access Band dati...
CARPE DIEM

Offline black_panther

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 10:38:34 AM »

Ryan was a part of our MAPEX Drumfest in Baguio (5th leg ) and Antakya Bar in Alabang Festival Mall (3rd leg).

kudos ryan
SPL AUDIO MARKETING QUIAPO, MANILA
TEL#735-54-40
 HI-FI LOUNGE ALABANG FESTIVAL MALL  TEL#842-81-33  THE MUSIC SOURCE EDSA  TEL#376-4598/ 415-03-66

Offline niNgpo

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 02:30:25 AM »
san mga festivals po ba nagpaparticipate si sir Ryan?

Offline markmaya

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 04:36:52 AM »
Si Ryan matagal ko nang matalik na kaibigan. Siya rin nagsu-sub sa akin dati nung nagthe-thesis ako at pag nagkakasakit ako. These past few years, he has played for a lot of artists including Top Suzara, Christian Bautista and others.

Isa siya sa pinakakagaling na drummer ng kilala ko at gumaling siya ng sobra kahit wala siyang sariling drumkit. May drumschool siya dati sa Festival Mall Alabang called "Drumstart" but he had to close it down recently. He now teaches selected students here in my home studio called "The Birdhouse". Minsan nagja-jam kami dito, nagseset-up kami ng dalawang drumkits na magkaharap, jam din kayo minsan pag napadpad kayo sa south :)

Eto yung link sa Youtube ni Ryan, panoorin niyo yung video nila ni Mar Dizon.

Enjoy :)

Offline nhoj

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 09:27:31 PM »
Hello people! It's been a loooong while since I last posted on this site. I saw this thread and I am a fan of Ryan's works, purpose, and playing. I am also proud and honoured to have him as a close friend to this day.

Ryan Peralta bio? Here it goes (it may not be that accurate. It was a long while back):

Ryan started playing drums at 1st year high school. He studied at Musar-Yamaha School of Music in Baguio. He studied at approximately 4 years (approximate, because he wasn't continuously enrolled due to many unavoidable circumstances) and finished all the drumming curriculum (and beyond) that would take a much longer time.

Ryan was/is a sponge. He picked up things very quickly. He truly is a prodigy.

He had the opportunity to teach at Musar because the people there saw his talent. During the "2nd" year of his schooling there, he began teaching drums, making him the youngest drum teacher.

Beyond the classroom, Ryan, together with his teacher and friends hang out and share ideas, drumming-wise. Everyone also shared musical likes, which include Rush, Dream Theater (even way before they became famous in Baguio), and The Dave Matthews Band. Then the barkada started venturing to jazz, which led to The Rippingtons, John Tesh, and Allan Holdsworth, to name a few.

If that wasn't enough for Ryan to grow, Benjie Mendez (a.k.a., Bagets) came to town for the very first time in the mid 90s. He was able to hook up with Bagets and he started absorbing some of the stuff Bagets was pulling out every gig night. There even was an informal lesson with Bagets at his "hotel" room during the day time. Ryan would always hang out him and try to "steal" as much as possible from Baget's out-of-this-world drumming, which was also very new and fresh for all Baguio drummers and musicians alike. That time opened doors for Ryan.

Also in the mid 90s, Ryan started to get into the music scene in Baguio. He then joined Access. This particular group played a variety of music (club music), but it was an opportunity for him to "experiment" all his ideas that he got from all those lessons and from watching Bagets. Their performances, most especially Ryan's, was no less than electric. His regular gigs in Baguio help him develop his stuff, deepen his pocket and his sense of groove, because then, he didn't have a drumset- ever (it's so unfair. He plays better than anyone who sheds with their drumsets in their homes!  :lol:  :evil: ). The stage was his practice room!

Ryan occasionally went down to Manila and jammed with a few people there. And whenever he returns to Baguio, there was always something new that he picked up while he was out-of-town.

Then, in the late 90s or early 2000, Ryan decided to go to Manila in search for "milk and honey"... (I don't know the story there already. Maybe sir Mark can add more details to that, because he is one of Ryan's "first" friends in Manila... and best man.  :-D )

And yes, get yourselves a copy of Ascension. It's a GREAT album! I still enjoy listening to the songs... I remember him letting me hear his demo tracks (director's cut, if you will  :-D ) months before the final editing and all when he went up to Baguio during a holy week.

Nice thread!

ps. I'm sure I missed some of the details. Maybe we can ask him?  :lol:

Offline nathanfadera

• Netizen Level
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 02:35:20 PM »
Mismo talaga si Ryan!!!  Isa sa mga pinaka masarap pumalo!  Ang dami kong natutunan kay Ryan sa Musika.  Mismo talaga!

Offline niNgpo

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 09:34:32 PM »
Sana mameet ko siya yuyng tipong nasa harap ko siya mis mo hahaha!

Offline deej

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 01:02:24 AM »
para sa akin si ryan ang nakilala kong drummer na pinaka malinis pumalo, hanep ang technique, ibang klase sa linis....

he's a great drum teacher...

ang sarap kasama sa trabaho...

but besides all of this, isa syang matalik na kaibigan! :-D
lafolo yati, "the voice of the man who knows through the drum."

Offline boyutak101

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 12:23:30 PM »
pano ko ba nakilala si ryan? HMMMMM it was thru ate luchie and ptr sol!! hehehe!! sya ang nag sub sa akin sa passage nuon nung kinasal ako!! d na kita na pasalamatan dun kapatid!! cant comment on the way he plays kasi hindi ko pa talaga sya na encounter tumugtog, madalas kasi pag nagkikita kami nito eh sa technical sya parati ewan ko ba!! bakit hindi patugtugin ang mga maayos tumugtog!! hehehehe!!!! ay sorry sa church pala nila yun!! hahaha!! very accommodating person si kapatid! anyway salamat ryan sa lahat! sana we meet again!!

Offline intake

• Philmusicus Addictus
Laptop = $600
DSL = $30/month
Locked threads @ AGT sub forums = PRICELESS :D

Offline DrumStart

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 10:37:25 PM »
Uy salamat ulit sa mga posts! Sana nga magkaron ulit at maimbitahan ako sa EB. O di kaya schedule tayo ng Jam sa Birdhouse Studio ni Mark Escueta! Set up tayo ng dalawang drums tapos turuan lang! pasahan ng ideas! Let me know so me and Mark can fix a schedule! Patibayin pa ang pinoy drumming! :)

Offline deej

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 10:42:45 PM »
ayun na!!! :-D

nandito na si Ryan!...sarap nang tugtog kanina, kitakits sa Baguio! :-D
lafolo yati, "the voice of the man who knows through the drum."

Offline brokensticks

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 11:28:12 PM »
Uy salamat ulit sa mga posts! Sana nga magkaron ulit at maimbitahan ako sa EB. O di kaya schedule tayo ng Jam sa Birdhouse Studio ni Mark Escueta! Set up tayo ng dalawang drums tapos turuan lang! pasahan ng ideas! Let me know so me and Mark can fix a schedule! Patibayin pa ang pinoy drumming! :)

ayus! sir ryan, i like your work in to the end of the earth, swabe! :-D

Offline kimpoy19

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 11:35:25 PM »
galing naman,
kahit hindi ako kilala, nasa puso ko ang grooves niya. hehe!
iba talaga si sir Ryan, smooth.  :-D
drumming is my greatest way to praise the Lord!

Offline drumistah

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 02:03:36 AM »
Wow ayos!sige sir ryan turuan mu po kami..teka san nga po pala yung birdhouse studio?para makapan0od sa EB!salamat!

Offline Diadem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 03:04:24 AM »
hes here in baguio right now.

Offline nikogulo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 04:48:16 PM »
can anyone post any of ryan's gig scheds? i want to watch, thanks   :-D

Offline DrumStart

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 11:51:36 PM »
bros,

I'm playing now for Balooze.

Riki Gonzales - guitar
Lorry Zamora - sax
Nikki Cabardo - keys
Noel Asistores - bass
Mike Luis - vox
Jeannie Tionco - vox

for now our next schedule will be in Strumm's Makati on Aug 18 '09.

I'm filling in also for 62nd band for their set on thursday Aug 13 '09 @ Stone House in E. Rodriguez.

Bong Gonzales - bass
Bong Singson - keys
Billy Melendrez - guitar

Hope to see you!

Offline cheezemeistah

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 08:47:48 AM »
Sir Ryan, hope you guys could visit Las Piņas
The Armor of God

Offline master chief

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 09:37:41 AM »
may drum school ba si sir Ryan dito sa Baguio? Saan po?  :-)