hulika

Author Topic: Mobile System Setup, Gears, Equipments, Advise and Recommendations...  (Read 3458 times)

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
ok this thread will focus on mobile sound system na for rent.. i have several inquires and iisa isahin ko muna.. im planning to this business also, since at my current setup, ngpaparent na ako for small-mid size events, i want to learn and seek advise sa inyo mga sir...

my first querry will be all about loud speakers... im eyeing to buy JBL jrx 125, pero nakita ko sa specs full range na siya.. so i guess hindi siya pwedeng i-bi-amp (correct me if im wrong)  ba tawag dun... using cross overs para mahiwalay ang signal ng treble, mid and bass.. or pwede rin siya sa setting bi-amp????

one option im thinking is DIY cabinets nalang.. and since subok ko na tunog ng JBL, jbl speakers nalang lalagay ko para mas makamura.... may alam ba kayo marunong at magaling gumawa ng mga loud speaker cabinets? kasi alam ko hindi ito biro, kasi sa design ng cabinet at impedance matching palang medyo mahirap na...

pros and cons mga sir.. thanks... to follow yung ibang querries ko.. salamat sa lahat!
Solemn Harmony Studio
Blk-1, Lot-7, Diamond St., Silverhomes Classic, Perpetual Village 7, Bacoor, Cavite. CELL: 0915-492-2800 (Premier,Peavey,Hartke,Mackie,JBL,Shure,DBX,Zoom)

Offline congressman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Mobile System Setup, Gears, Equipments, Advise and Recommendations...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 09:52:29 AM »
sa raon shopping center makaka mura ka!

Offline mbenipayo

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 12:31:54 AM »
Agent So,

I beleive if you intend to use original JBL components and try to use real science to make an enclosure for the speaker components that you choose, you might even end up spending more.

If you would want to bi-amplify the JRX-125, all you have to do is bypass the passive network inside and from the amp go straight to the components. 

I see that the unit employs a 1" compression driver and dual 15" woofers.  You'd probobly want to set the 2-way stereo crossover to about 1.2Khz (no less than that) and use a 100w-150w RMS per channel amp for the high and at least a 400w-600w RMS per channel amp for the low. 

If you plan to use this for sound reinforcement duties, i must suggest you look at a higher model since I see that the compression driver used is a JBL-2412, this is the same driver they use in the TR and EON-10 models, its pretty small and you might end up breaking it if its pushed too far.   

Driving the system bi-amplified will definitely make it more efficient.........and don't be afraid to power speakers with an amp stronger than what it is rated at, you could actually do more damage with less power than with more.

another option is buying powered speakers.  most powered speakers are already bi-amplified (or even tri-amplified) and are made for real world conditions.  it also equates to less truck space & less man power needs.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Digidesign VENUE Profile System/ Digi Venue Mix Rack Console/ McDSP LIVE Pack/ MAC Pro with Pro Tools HD64/ Pro Tools 8/ ATH-M50/ Radial J48

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 07:45:23 PM »
thanks sir mbenipayo.. medyo mukhang mgkakamahal pa nga ako. but i saw someone dati na ng mobile, walang tatak speakers nya.. ummm..  pero ang laman eh jbl speakers. ehehehe. kaya ganda ng tunog. di ko lang alam san nya pina construct yung cabinet.. anyways,

regarding the powered loud speakers, tingin ko kasi parang hindi practical.. kasi magkahiwalay pa yung amps nya whereas you could buy one good amp to power two-four loud speakers....

anyways, baka may alam po kayo na mga pagawaan talaga ng cabinets.. and kung mamarerecomenda kayo na pre-built speakers na maganda talaga.. kasi sa jbl, medyo madugo price ng mga srx series at mga highger model pa.. hehehe..

@kitc sir possible din ba pagusapan sa room na toh about lights system? im also looking and seeking advice and recommendations.. gusto ko gumawa kasi gn thread about light systems.. kaso baka bawal kaya tanung ko po muna.. thanks!
Solemn Harmony Studio
Blk-1, Lot-7, Diamond St., Silverhomes Classic, Perpetual Village 7, Bacoor, Cavite. CELL: 0915-492-2800 (Premier,Peavey,Hartke,Mackie,JBL,Shure,DBX,Zoom)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 10:16:09 PM »
@kitc sir possible din ba pagusapan sa room na toh about lights system? im also looking and seeking advice and recommendations.. gusto ko gumawa kasi gn thread about light systems.. kaso baka bawal kaya tanung ko po muna.. thanks!

Well, this is a technology board as well. Give it a shot and let's see how the thread develops.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline mbenipayo

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 10:27:21 PM »
Hi Agent So,

Give an idea of the price range you think you will be investing to build a speaker and lets see.  This could be very interesting.  I operated my own rental company in the mid 80s to the late 90s, might as well put all of that experience to good use.  If we had the technology and products available today, a whole bunch of us would have been happier.   For me, people currently involved or who plan to get involved in the rental biz is at a better position.  Technology may well be your best friend to establish a good business venture.

looking forward to your reply

About starting a thread on lighting, that would be interesting
Digidesign VENUE Profile System/ Digi Venue Mix Rack Console/ McDSP LIVE Pack/ MAC Pro with Pro Tools HD64/ Pro Tools 8/ ATH-M50/ Radial J48

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 12:06:08 AM »
Hi Agent So,

Give an idea of the price range you think you will be investing to build a speaker and lets see.  This could be very interesting.  I operated my own rental company in the mid 80s to the late 90s, might as well put all of that experience to good use.  If we had the technology and products available today, a whole bunch of us would have been happier.   For me, people currently involved or who plan to get involved in the rental biz is at a better position.  Technology may well be your best friend to establish a good business venture.

looking forward to your reply

About starting a thread on lighting, that would be interesting

yung nakausap ko kasi sir, yung nagtanung tanung ako dun sa may ari at tech nung ngmobile sa church ng kapatid ko, yung speaker na ginamit nila is lahat assembled.. and im amazed sa clarity at quality ng sound.. ang layo ng bato ng speakers... naka tri-amplified siya.. and each speaker cost 30k sabi nila... thats 180k including the subs.. and tinanung ko, sila yung gumawa ng speaker cabs from fiber glass, and electrotech yung brand ng speaker... medyo marunong yung tech na yun, and siya ang pinagkakatiwalaan ng may ari. baka sa kanya na nga rin ako magpagawa eh. pero ill have to ask and get second opinion from you guys..baka may mas alam kayong practical or magaling talaga gumawa ng speaker cabs..

actually marami pa akong tanung, pero sa speakers muna tayo. hehehehe

@kitC thanks sir for the go signal... ill make a thread later..

Solemn Harmony Studio

Offline jplacson

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 06:32:11 PM »
Just a personal comment... I believe that 70% of your loudspeaker's sound QUALITY comes from the cabinet design... not the driver.  So be wary of going the "karpinero kahon" cabinet to save money.  You'd be better off getting a cheap driver and spending on PROPER cabinet design... but then, that usually becomes more expensive than just buying a pre-made brand (JBL, Beta3, Bose, etc) Since these guys mass-produce cabinets, they recoup their research investment in volume.

A lot of JBL and Beta3 products fall into the intro level for sound reinforcement...  What level of "rental" business do you intend to enter?

The one's from JBL that I like are their Vertec line... not too fond of the EONs.. to unbalanced, no matter what you do to them... not worth it.  I've seen a nice small line-array from B3... although they're made for permanent installations, I'm not sure if you can re-config them for portability.  Mario Benipayo is in a better position to answer question re Beta3's lineup.
DOPPLER AUDIO

Offline donald

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 10:43:44 PM »
ano pong website pwede makita computation and design ng DIY enclosures?
i'm also planning to make my own.

thanks

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 10:27:37 PM »
mga sir what do you think of the cabinet designs here: billfitzmaurice.com

i find it kasi kakaiba mga design pero from there charts ang gaganda ng resulta..
Solemn Harmony Studio

Offline donald

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 11:33:46 PM »

i find it kasi kakaiba mga design pero from there charts ang gaganda ng resulta..

nice enclosure designs. :-)
sir wala ba nung mas datalyado?
yun DIY complete with measurements.

thanks

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 11:39:44 PM »

nice enclosure designs. :-)
sir wala ba nung mas datalyado?
yun DIY complete with measurements.

thanks

if you want to get the full design, you must buy it from them... yung kaibigan ko na tech sa church, bumili sila ng plan for subs.. im also waiting to see the plans pa..

i hope someone coud give there feedbacks...
Solemn Harmony Studio