hulika

Author Topic: Nikon DF Digital Fusion  (Read 4285 times)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Nikon DF Digital Fusion
« on: October 29, 2013, 02:59:08 PM »
If this is gonna be true then by gulay it's gonna be on my list.
Everybody is going retro like Fuji with the X series and Olympus with their OMDs.

Rumor has it that Nikon is coming out with a cam the size of an FM2 but with a 16 mp FF
sensor. How cool is that!!

Sorry no pics or links...abang abang na.
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline toinkking

• Veteran Member
Re: Nikon DF Digital Fusion
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 03:01:28 PM »
If this is gonna be true then by gulay it's gonna be on my list.
Everybody is going retro like Fuji with the X series and Olympus with their OMDs.

Rumor has it that Nikon is coming out with a cam the size of an FM2 but with a 16 mp FF
sensor. How cool is that!!

Sorry no pics or links...abang abang na.

if Nikon will release that kind of camera it would be awesome but the question is how's the weather sealing of it and how well will it perform?

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 04:05:17 PM »
Whoa bro slow down. If you pack it with too many features the price rockets. As long they squeeze in a FF sensor in there with the camera the size of an FM2 and doesn't cost over P80K then I'm a happy camper.
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

Offline toinkking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 04:11:58 PM »
Whoa bro slow down. If you pack it with too many features the price rockets. As long they squeeze in a FF sensor in there with the camera the size of an FM2 and doesn't cost over P80K then I'm a happy camper.

well im not into too much feature to be honest as long as its FX with good low light and just as same as Weather sealing like d700 even its a low pixel  im happy as well with it :-) my major concern is weather seal big thing in my own nature of shooting :-) i get wet all the time :-)

Offline raginghormones

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 04:26:11 PM »
The new retro FX DSLR camera will be called Nikon DF. The interesting part is that DF will stand for "Digital Fusion". I also have two new bits of information:

The AF system of the Nikon DF will be most likely the same as in the D610 with 39 points.
The Nikon DF will have settings for 1:1, 3:2 and 16:9 aspect ratios. The strange part here is the 16:9 ratio since the camera is expected not to have video.

Nikonrumors also reported 143.5 x 110 x 66.5mm. So, similar to D600.

Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com/2013/10/24/the-name-will-be-nikon-df.aspx/#ixzz2j63cBeuc

well im not into too much feature to be honest as long as its FX with good low light and just as same as Weather sealing like d700 even its a low pixel  im happy as well with it :-) my major concern is weather seal big thing in my own nature of shooting :-) i get wet all the time :-)

if you are looking for weather sealing, stay with dslr's na lang. 
"Amateurs worry about equipment,
professionals worry about money,
masters worry about light...  I just take pictures..."-Vernon Trent

Offline toinkking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 05:01:09 PM »
The new retro FX DSLR camera will be called Nikon DF. The interesting part is that DF will stand for "Digital Fusion". I also have two new bits of information:

The AF system of the Nikon DF will be most likely the same as in the D610 with 39 points.
The Nikon DF will have settings for 1:1, 3:2 and 16:9 aspect ratios. The strange part here is the 16:9 ratio since the camera is expected not to have video.

Nikonrumors also reported 143.5 x 110 x 66.5mm. So, similar to D600.

Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com/2013/10/24/the-name-will-be-nikon-df.aspx/#ixzz2j63cBeuc

if you are looking for weather sealing, stay with dslr's na lang.

Yup i might as well do that i do still feel find them really reliable :-)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 11:14:49 AM »
Gonna be out on Tuesday.

Offline raginghormones

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 10:50:57 AM »

gorgeous!  >:D kaso parang d7000/d7100 din yung likod hehe

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 12:27:40 PM »
very nice retro feel.. but no video.
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline raginghormones

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 01:20:35 PM »
http://nikon-df.com/2013/11/04/official-nikon-df-announcement/

kaso napakamahal naman.  :-( :eek:

The suggested retail price (SRP) of the Df (body only) will be $2,749.95*, while the Df and 50mm f/1.8 Special Edition lens kit will have a SRP of $2,999.95*.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 02:49:49 PM »
Peste halos D800 na!!!!!
What a letdown.

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 11:36:50 PM »
Meh, for the price mag D800 nalang ako

and if gusto ko ng retro look bili nalang ako ng Nikon FM + madaming film para sa price nyan
mas slick pang tignan hehe
Transactions: yahoo!, sinosimelo, pentagram x, BossingBoss, masterchoxter, r_chino18, Souljp21, Xelly, Atomo, steliocore, allanfig, captcalamares, cenchria

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 11:48:04 PM »
Meh, for the price mag D800 nalang ako

and if gusto ko ng retro look bili nalang ako ng Nikon FM + madaming film para sa price nyan
mas slick pang tignan hehe

Pass. D800 nalang. I'm sure rich hipster bastards will buy those. Pang status symbol.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 11:53:10 AM »
i saw one in the flesh from a customer yesterday and it is BIG  :eek:. It was chunky, it was WTF moment for me. I asked the guy who had it if i can see the shots he took of his friends portraits and the shots were soft....ngekkers!!

I asked him how much he got it for and he said about HK$20,000 flat with the lens.
He said they were already quietly discounting the DF.

Offline raginghormones

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 12:47:01 PM »
i saw one in the flesh from a customer yesterday and it is BIG  :eek:. It was chunky, it was WTF moment for me. I asked the guy who had it if i can see the shots he took of his friends portraits and the shots were soft....ngekkers!!

I asked him how much he got it for and he said about HK$20,000 flat with the lens.
He said they were already quietly discounting the DF.

baka yung technique niya ang my problema dun sa shots niya with the DF kaya naging soft?

im still not sold on the DF, di maexplain yung kamahalan ng presyo e. collectors item lang