hulika

Author Topic: Scalarizer Thread  (Read 259099 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Scalarizer Thread
« Reply #225 on: January 28, 2007, 05:31:17 PM »
BAMF, I just can't wait to see you in NAMM 2008. 

Please give me a pass.  :-D

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #226 on: January 28, 2007, 07:22:04 PM »
^^^ pakilala moko sa booth girl mo. ahaha

Offline soryano

« Reply #227 on: January 28, 2007, 09:58:38 PM »
parang gusto ko itry yung scalarizer. ehehe  :-D

Offline mykelm03

« Reply #228 on: January 28, 2007, 10:17:31 PM »
mga sir magkano po b ung scalarizer (plus labor)??? ok b bang palagay n2 sa strat?? tnx po

Offline micsis

• Veteran Member
« Reply #229 on: January 28, 2007, 11:19:05 PM »
mga sir magkano po b ung scalarizer (plus labor)??? ok b bang palagay n2 sa strat?? tnx po

Php500 only. installation is free.
I'm standing on a ROCK and my name is on the ROLL

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2007, 12:30:28 AM »
Talked to a guy who was at the Elegee/Foghorn tone party.

Their review in three words : NO BIG DEAL. They were just being polite and non-confrontational.

A bigger "titanium" nail in the coffin coming soon. Heck...maybe two.

PANA
man.. the soundclips don't even do justice to these guys' works. you have to be there to experience the [gooey brown stuff]. wooo. tone heaven guys. that's all i can say. punta na kayo. requesting for clips and/or videos won't even capture the full 3 dimensional sound produced. kahit nga scalarizer lang, naknampucha, panalo na. all are available at affordable prices! at customizable pa ang pwedeng gawin nyo sa pedals nyo, depende sa taste nyo. san ka pa di ba? at mas ok dito, ok sila kasama lahat. it's my first time i've been with these guys, and hell, instant chums agad. panalo pa sa usapan at kulitan! hehehe. at eto pa, i didn't even bring something to get modded.. i just hung out there. kung tutuusin, sinamahan ko alng si balta na magpa scalarize ng guitar at magpa mod ng pedal nya. accommodating dun! kaya pumunta na kayo! hehehe. pero syempre, hearing the improvements sa tone, i'll have my sd2 modded and les pauls scalarized ASAP! hehehe! YEAH!

go BAMFX! more power chongs! inuman naman next time! :)

At least now you feel how the rich lonely man feels when people ask for soundclips.  :wink:

Anyway, I haven't tried the scalarizer but I think the risk of buying one is so diminuitive compared to getting a, titanium bridge...

BAMF, more power to you.  If you can send me your cellphone number baka bumili ako and i-recommend ko abroad...

i hear ya bro. :) but the point i'm putting more emphasis at is the change done to your guitar and/or pedal with just a few minor modifications that are surprisingly and definitely affordable. grabe talaga. pero yeah, i get your point regarding oas' stand regarding demoing and experiencing his stuff live. i just can't get over by the fact that i heard the effect of bamf pedal and guitar mods first hand.. naging absurd tuloy yung point ni sir alex gomez about better parts = better tone eh. wala lang. it's just my opinion so.. there.. hehe. good day :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 12:39:32 AM by BAMF »
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2007, 12:34:16 AM »
Ahhh yun pala yung full name nya...sa cel ko "Mark TS9" ang entry hahehehe.

Sayang hindi nya nasubukan yung metal scalarizers. Baka yun ang bagay sa bridge and neck pickups nya.

O ano Jeyvi ? Kelan ka punta ? Medyo lumayo-layo ang shop ko sa yo, but parang Dunkin Donuts..."It's worth the trip!"

my friend mark lopez of kinkyhooters just texted me... nag pa scalarize na rin sya ng ibby rg nya! middle pup!
i cant describe his joy for the scalarizer! he's just so damn happy with the tone and sound!

i havent tried it yet but im a true believer of BAMF!

once you go bamf you'll never go back... or anywhere else...

MORE POWER BAMF AND SUSHI!

astig!!!

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2007, 12:38:29 AM »
Eyyy thanks Dodgie, and sure, you can count on it. Come over ! The PIMP Hive is fast becoming the Unofficial HQ of Philmusic :D .

There will be lotsa happy folk coming tomorrow. If you can, bring an acoustic guitar. I wanna test drive the acoustic scalarizer more, although it is very very encouraging. Ano sabi ni Max ? Electronic daw dahil kelangan i-solder ? E paano nya kaya explain yung acoustic scalarizer na DINIDIKIT LANG SA BODY, TUMATABA ANG TUNOG ? Hahehehe.

Tone is not in the wallet. I was wrong din, it's not in the soldering iron. It's somewhere between the ears !

BAMF, I just can't wait to see you in NAMM 2008. 

Please give me a pass.  :-D

Offline jeyvi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2007, 02:46:56 AM »
Ahhh yun pala yung full name nya...sa cel ko "Mark TS9" ang entry hahehehe.

Sayang hindi nya nasubukan yung metal scalarizers. Baka yun ang bagay sa bridge and neck pickups nya.

O ano Jeyvi ? Kelan ka punta ? Medyo lumayo-layo ang shop ko sa yo, but parang Dunkin Donuts..."It's worth the trip!"

my friend mark lopez of kinkyhooters just texted me... nag pa scalarize na rin sya ng ibby rg nya! middle pup!
i cant describe his joy for the scalarizer! he's just so damn happy with the tone and sound!

i havent tried it yet but im a true believer of BAMF!

once you go bamf you'll never go back... or anywhere else...

MORE POWER BAMF AND SUSHI!

astig!!!

oo nga eh! pero ayus lang un! no doubt its worth the trip! may mga kamag anak naman ako sa laloma lapit lang un sa banawe! txt kita pag punta ako... medyo madadalas din ako dun kasi may mga errands ako gagawin dun. so kitakits tayo! dalhin ko mga gitars ko and acoustic! i want to try out those scalarizers! sabihin ko na itry ni mark ung metal scals!
hanggang sa muli!

more power!!!
check out my band KONTRA
www.kontra.ph

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2007, 06:58:49 AM »
Hey guys!

I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to all the folks that dropped by on Saturday! It was a blast, playing with all those toys, hearing how the scalarizers affected different guitars, and looking at all the happy faces that had their ears tweaked. Awesome!

i say i say i say...no foghorn leg horn in sight. probably bus at Max's building a new house (hahahaha :-D)

as for the dual-scalarizer tele i have, here's my quicky review:

The tele (an 86 mij fender, to the unfamiliar), out fitted with a set of emg t's originally sported the crystal scalarizer. thyis gave it a very acoustic tone (as veggiejoes fingers and ears witnessed). and treated the sterility that is associated with active pick ups. this axe is my "kamikaze jazz shred box, i dont mind it gathering battle scars, and whisper to it whenever i find a new ding on its being i softly whisper- "life's a b#tch... learn to f#ck it!"  :-D

anyways, i really dug the acoustic qualities, the separation and harmonic spread was fantastic, but i wanted a little bit more electricity-oomph, so we tried the metal. the woodiness increased, the glassy presence was still there but the extra mids gave the tone a real kick in the rumps. the neck pick up got more jazz smoky, bridge barked, in between was good too. it grew rock balls!

then comes micsis' text about a dual config.

having more surgery done, with classic BAMF and Sushi tech horniness (i gues creativity is in the hormones!), BAMF proceeded with the operation. results?

The only guitar I used to describe my utmost praise was Nardski's Matsumoto nylon string, for that box exhuded beauty, and tone, that exemplified the beauty of NATURE. Now, this tele had that too!
I am not exaggerating by saying that the dual scalarizer tele (which BAMF dubbed the "crystalmeta") spoke with the delicacy and gentleness of a rainforest, roared like the ocean and moved air like rolling thunder!

i got the best of both worlds: definition and detail, a full sound, a and a broad spectrum. yes, it was 3D, it was vivid! and everyone noticed that i sat in the studio a helluva lot longer than usual, and played with more sensitivity than ever. masarap...  my bakemono was growling with gratitude and pleasure. and guess what? I got to welcome the return of the twang! It was (in bruce almighty expression) GOOOOOOOD!

heck, with my god-awful sched, i look forward to getting home to play it! feel free to give it a try.
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

addbot

« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2007, 07:46:21 AM »
Question: Isang scalarizer ba per pickup? So pag H-S-H pickup ng gitara 3 scalarizer din? o isang scalarizer para sa lahat ng pickup?

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2007, 07:48:53 AM »
nope, two scalarizers in the over all circuit. and it is possible to have one per pickup, to affect the pick up individually according to scalarizer type.

"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

addbot

« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2007, 07:53:23 AM »
ah ok... so 2 scalarizers for H-S-H pickup? Pwede band isang metal scalarizer para sa lahat ng pickup?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 09:27:15 AM by addbot »

Offline 3daytrial

« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2007, 08:20:00 AM »
malapit na ang sweldooo woooo. scalizer here i come. :D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #239 on: January 29, 2007, 08:31:23 AM »
Hey guys!

I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to all the folks that dropped by on Saturday! It was a blast, playing with all those toys, hearing how the scalarizers affected different guitars, and looking at all the happy faces that had their ears tweaked. Awesome!

i say i say i say...no foghorn leg horn in sight. probably bus at Max's building a new house (hahahaha :-D)

The tele (an 86 mij fender, to the unfamiliar), out fitted with a set of emg t's originally sported the crystal scalarizer. thyis gave it a very acoustic tone (as veggiejoes fingers and ears witnessed). and treated the sterility that is associated with active pick ups. this axe is my "kamikaze jazz shred box, i dont mind it gathering battle scars, and whisper to it whenever i find a new ding on its being i softly whisper- "life's a b#tch... learn to f#ck it!"  :-D

anyways, i really dug the acoustic qualities, the separation and harmonic spread was fantastic, but i wanted a little bit more electricity-oomph, so we tried the metal. the woodiness increased, the glassy presence was still there but the extra mids gave the tone a real kick in the rumps. the neck pick up got more jazz smoky, bridge barked, in between was good too. it grew rock balls!

having more surgery done, with classic BAMF and Sushi tech horniness (i gues creativity is in the hormones!), BAMF proceeded with the operation. results?

The only guitar I used to describe my utmost praise was Nardski's Matsumoto nylon string, for that box exhuded beauty, and tone, that exemplified the beauty of NATURE. Now, this tele had that too!
I am not exaggerating by saying that the dual scalarizer tele (which BAMF dubbed the "crystalmeta") spoke with the delicacy and gentleness of a rainforest, roared like the ocean and moved air like rolling thunder!

i got the best of both worlds: definition and detail, a full sound, a and a broad spectrum. yes, it was 3D, it was vivid! and everyone noticed that i sat in the studio a helluva lot longer than usual, and played with more sensitivity than ever. masarap...  my bakemono was growling with gratitude and pleasure. and guess what? I got to welcome the return of the twang! It was (in bruce almighty expression) GOOOOOOOD!

heck, with my god-awful sched, i look forward to getting home to play it! feel free to give it a try.

Now that is a GAS-inducing review if I ever saw one.  The descriptions of the scalarizer has actually made me rethink about what guitar I should keep.  I have a hunch it will do wonders in a 335 w/ P90s...  (tingin mo vjoe?) ;-)

I have gotta get me one of these!!!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 08:37:18 AM by deltaslim »

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2007, 08:41:52 AM »
Wow this scalarizer thing is really intriguing.
I'm just wondering... If BAMF's work gets bigger and let's say the buzz hits the American soil/West, I hope the names used for these gadgets/mods will make it easy for them to recognize that this is made by a Filipino. You know, maybe a hybrid tagalog-english name for a change??? :-D

Para hindi naman nila isipin, "hey it must be made by a japanese guy or something (eg.Bakemono, etc.)." No offense, the names are catchy, but I'm just saying that you know...Maybe you can use something different on those next projects. :-D

Like "Lupitator!" or watever, ehehehe! corny na!  :-D :-D  

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 08:43:48 AM by SDMF »
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2007, 08:52:20 AM »
BAMF,

Wait a minute, if oasgomez is a businessman, I've got an idea. BAMF, maybe you wanna get him as your financer...  :lol:

Anyway, hypothetically, what if the demand for the scalarizer increases?  Would it be possible to have enough supply without cutting corners on the product? 

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2007, 08:56:05 AM »
I'm just wondering... If BAMF's work gets bigger and let's say the buzz hits the American soil/West, I hope the names used for these gadgets/mods will make it easy for them to recognize that this is made by a Filipino. You know, maybe a hybrid tagalog-english name for a change??? :-D

Para hindi naman nila isipin, "hey it must be made by a japanese guy or something (eg.Bakemono, etc.)." No offense, the names are catchy, but I'm just saying that you know...Maybe you can use something different on those next projects. :-D

Like "Lupitator!" or watever, ehehehe! corny na!  :-D :-D 

I like!  Mas gusto ko tong "Lupitator" kesa "scalarizer"!  Pwede rin: "Astigtator"... "Anonglevelmo-tator"... "Kadyotator"... ;-)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #243 on: January 29, 2007, 09:03:03 AM »

I like!  Mas gusto ko tong "Lupitator" kesa "scalarizer"!  Pwede rin: "Astigtator"... "Anonglevelmo-tator"... "Kadyotator"... ;-)

BAMF, what if Behringer knocks off the scalarizer?  And sells 'em for P100?  :-D  Joke lang...

Offline Trans-Am

« Reply #244 on: January 29, 2007, 09:11:08 AM »
....and i'll push it up here North as soon as i find out what the hell it does and what it's made of???

Peace!! 8-)
Gimme Some Truth - John Lennon

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #245 on: January 29, 2007, 09:24:01 AM »
Oh good lord. I'd rather stay with my boutique operation than accept his blighted money. Baka malipat pa sa kin ang loneliness nya.

And on the second hand, my other businesses are liquid, as well as the other operations that I'm a part owner of. I can always request for an inter-company loan to fund production of the scalarizers. Heck, I dipped into the funds of my other company to fund the recording studio :D

Saka...the design is kinda like an AK47. Cheap and easy to produce. There are no more corners to cut ! :D Skilled labor is not even a prerequisite for production !

BAMF,

Wait a minute, if oasgomez is a businessman, I've got an idea. BAMF, maybe you wanna get him as your financer...  :lol:

Anyway, hypothetically, what if the demand for the scalarizer increases?  Would it be possible to have enough supply without cutting corners on the product? 

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #246 on: January 29, 2007, 09:30:54 AM »

Actually, it's "crystal met". Kasi, parang naka-shabu yung gitara pag yun ang config nyahehehehe.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #247 on: January 29, 2007, 09:35:23 AM »
Aaaa Papa Joric ! I want your ES335 ! Can I pay you in scalarizers plus cash ?

The test for acoustic scalarizers are getting very very encouraging. I borrowed an Ovation Applause bowlback on a long term basis (inaalikabok lang sa me ari e) so I can do long-term tests. I'm sure it will do wonders for your Dobro. The metal resonators have harsh overtones. Maybe the acoustic scalarizers can smooth them out and make even the noises musical. It sure did that for Tinnie's bass.

Hey guys!

Now that is a GAS-inducing review if I ever saw one.  The descriptions of the scalarizer has actually made me rethink about what guitar I should keep.  I have a hunch it will do wonders in a 335 w/ P90s...  (tingin mo vjoe?) ;-)

I have gotta get me one of these!!!

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #248 on: January 29, 2007, 09:37:45 AM »
Ummm...Kalansinger ? Mwahahaha ang badoy !

But just like how The Dawn and Ethnic Faces struck me in the 80's...ay put....Pinoy pala ! Galeng !

So I guess a rose by any other name will smell just as sweet....

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #249 on: January 29, 2007, 09:39:57 AM »
huwat?!?!?! i was just getting used to the one scalarizer deal! papakabit nanaman ako, fafa! kailangan ko ba magdala ng kambing?  :-D