hulika

Author Topic: Scalarizer Thread  (Read 256934 times)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Scalarizer Thread
« Reply #375 on: January 31, 2007, 11:58:04 AM »
Judging from what I *think* you'd like (judging on your togs and tone preference) I would suggest the crystal scalarizer for my Hondo ES 335 (ay teka, hindi pa pala akin yun hahaha). Maybe you'd like a metal-core scalarizer for your SG for a ballsier tone.

Bring an acoustic. We'll try acoustic scalarizers (na hindi na kelangan i-hinang Uh Uh Uh (ayuda)) on them.

In all cases the result is a woodier, more resonant tone. Singing notes and wonderful sustain. I'll fill you in on the quantum scalar physics involved later when you're there. Trust me, you will never even so much as look at a titanium trem block. Except maybe for cosmetic reasons.

Uh Uh Uh (Ayuda !)

Yeah, I was thinking crystal too.  I don't need more mids, I'd like to keep the eq balance as is on my guitars.  Especially don't want to add any more high-mids to the P90s and even the SG, which has just the right amount of mids for "ngarrrr" tones. ;-)  But it would be nice to actually hear and know for sure what the difference is.

I don't know that my layman's brain has the absorbtive capacity for quantum scalar physics. But if it's anything related to wave theory and explains why the universe seems to expanding in all directions without any end in sight, then put me down for a lecturette, prof Jobet! 

Thanks.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #376 on: January 31, 2007, 01:20:50 PM »

pogi ba jobet?
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #377 on: January 31, 2007, 01:37:24 PM »

pogi ba jobet?

Naks ang yabang naman nyan, dapat yung bakemono ang ginamit mo kasi stock ds-1 eh. hehehe :-D :-D :-D

the angry bakemono, which has bigger balls than Max McJoy (who was spotted posting in another thread by dominant_chord, throwing a cheap shot at BAMF's science early this morning, what a farce!)

Testicular fortitude is still the key word. He should have his scalarized, para balanced.
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline ferdie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #378 on: January 31, 2007, 01:56:05 PM »
yung BT10 ko na scalarized na din yestedrday :evil:

cguro sa mga nag-second thought pa din d2 massabi ko lng try nyo.. kasing presyo lng nman halos ng isang set of string

medyo mahirap talaga describe yung effect e... dun sa guitar ko parang naging "bilog na mas makapal" (round fat??) saka mas naging warm yung tunog when distorted.

pag nkaclean nman mas makapal saka nawla yung harsh sound sa guitar ko especially pag nka chorus effect. pati yung stock pickup ko sa neck biglang ngkaroon ng buhay...

sensya na di ako well versed sa ganito pero parang ganyan nadinig ng mga ears ko :lol:

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #379 on: January 31, 2007, 02:02:41 PM »
cge mamaya fictyuran ko bakemono ni Antonski tapos papalitan ko yung nakasulat sa ilalim ng logo ng "talk to the pwet max mcjoy" pede na ba yun? nyahahahahhaha
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline Kulas

« Reply #380 on: January 31, 2007, 02:54:09 PM »
wishin' more luck and power sa mga wonderful inventions na 'to!
someday makita natin si Sir BAMF nasa Home TV Shopping....

"Wish you could clean up your messy tone?"
"Sick & tired of your ngongo sound?"
introducing... the Scalarizer!
nyehehe...

haadogei fuuuuuuuu~~~!
share ko lang...

me-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-eee!

japeks yan, eto orig!

say! say! say!

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #381 on: January 31, 2007, 03:47:33 PM »
kadiri hehe..
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #382 on: January 31, 2007, 04:49:01 PM »
japeks yan, eto orig!

say! say! say!

oh my! this is the lowest of the low.  i thought you jap AV freaks fascination was only confined to the other gender... naku... e pati pala mantuman talo-talo na!

suno nito gay jap names na pangalan ng mga mods sa pedal at gtrs. ;-)

Offline radimere

• Veteran Member
« Reply #383 on: January 31, 2007, 06:13:30 PM »
LOL ito na yata ang thread na may pinakamaraming hard gay animated gif  :-D

Tama si deltaslim. Mahipan kayo ng hangin uy!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 06:19:58 PM by radimere »

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #384 on: January 31, 2007, 07:53:36 PM »
Nanglambot ang tuhod ko diyan.  Mga japok talaga!

Offline odalisque

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #385 on: January 31, 2007, 08:01:59 PM »
does the scalarizer affect all of the pups on a guitar or do you have to install a scalarizer for each pup?

Offline Sugar Ray Vaughan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #386 on: January 31, 2007, 08:06:55 PM »
I'm plannin' to scalarize my violin. Hmmm, interesting.  :roll:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 08:08:03 PM by Sugar Ray Vaughan »
スキャンダル ★ 小野春菜

Offline odalisque

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #387 on: January 31, 2007, 08:11:44 PM »
does the scalarizer affect all of the pups on a guitar or do you have to install a scalarizer for each pup?

Other's had 2 scalarizers in their guitar, a crystal on one and the other metal. mix and match. others like myself used only one in a guitar.

so it means that 1 for each pup?

Offline odalisque

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #388 on: January 31, 2007, 08:15:06 PM »

Other's had 2 scalarizers in their guitar, a crystal on one and the other metal. mix and match. others like myself used only one in a guitar.

so it means that 1 for each pup?

Yeah, other's did that, they wanted different texture sa guitar nila, as for me one did it good for me.

ok thx sir

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #389 on: January 31, 2007, 09:43:06 PM »
I'm plannin' to scalarize my violin. Hmmm, interesting.  :roll:

anu nga naman kaya epekto ng scalarizer doon...

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #390 on: January 31, 2007, 11:09:12 PM »
Acoustic scalarizer ang sagot jan !!!

Actually, when Jepoy comes around again, we will start installing them in the shells of the drum kit :D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #391 on: January 31, 2007, 11:26:22 PM »
Well guys...

While resting tonight, and in preparation for what could be a "full signal chain shootout", I thought I'd open up my Fender Stage 112 Amp and mod it (whew...some rest).

First, I scalarized the clean channel and double-sushified the overdrive stage (it's got two clip stages anyway, just like a Boss HM2). I also stuck the remaining "kutsinta" acoustic scalarizers to the cabinet. BTW, the sushi module is a clip stage with a small scalarizer in it. That's why other modders (yes including Keeley the man himself) will be hard-pressed to match the BAMFx tone (hehehe...ang daya ko !!)

The results...well yeah I'd say "awesome" again, but don't take it from me.

When Anton came home, I let him hear it. And in his patented wide eyed, nose-curled facial expression of approval, he reaffirmed that it was awesome. Not yet enough to go head on head with a Herbert in the gain department, but definitely it will hold its own and perhaps kick the Herbie's butt in the clarity and the responsiveness department.

But yeah, that's the beauty of OP-Amp gain stages (specially those with high-grade chips like in the Fender Stage)...the open loop gain is enough to make you cry. No tube or set of tubes can even touch an OP-Amp in terms of gain. So well...while I was lacking in forethought on that one, the good thing is it only takes a P7 audiophile grade resistor to boost the gain to unbelievable levels.

Loudness wise, grabe. At "2"on the dial of the overdrive channel, the neighbour from across the street came over and requested that we tone down. Anton says this has never, ever happenned in the entire history of that house. We couldnt play it inside the house (even at "2") because all the windows were rattling and the nearby garbage can started to walk towards us (AWOOO !!!). Well...160 watts of pure cascaded MOSFET power is to blame. Gosh. My ears are still ringing from that series of tests. Tesla's "negative resistance" seems to be at work here. And 3D talaga sya ha ! Move a little , it's in the left ear...move a little again, and it's in the right ear. Surround sound !

Well guys. The age of the Tube Amps tone superiority over solid state is coming to a close. To play is to believe. If you come to the Saturday tone party, this monster will be there to greet you.

My new problem is, I ceased to have a "reference amp" for use when comparing scalarized and non-scalarized guitars. Most likely, any guitar stuck into the Fender Stage will sound good ! Oh well.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:32:16 PM by BAMF »
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Targa_midbass

• Veteran Member
« Reply #392 on: February 01, 2007, 02:14:44 AM »
Well guys...

While resting tonight, and in preparation for what could be a "full signal chain shootout", I thought I'd open up my Fender Stage 112 Amp and mod it (whew...some rest).

First, I scalarized the clean channel and double-sushified the overdrive stage (it's got two clip stages anyway, just like a Boss HM2). I also stuck the remaining "kutsinta" acoustic scalarizers to the cabinet. BTW, the sushi module is a clip stage with a small scalarizer in it. That's why other modders (yes including Keeley the man himself) will be hard-pressed to match the BAMFx tone (hehehe...ang daya ko !!)

The results...well yeah I'd say "awesome" again, but don't take it from me.

When Anton came home, I let him hear it. And in his patented wide eyed, nose-curled facial expression of approval, he reaffirmed that it was awesome. Not yet enough to go head on head with a Herbert in the gain department, but definitely it will hold its own and perhaps kick the Herbie's butt in the clarity and the responsiveness department.

But yeah, that's the beauty of OP-Amp gain stages (specially those with high-grade chips like in the Fender Stage)...the open loop gain is enough to make you cry. No tube or set of tubes can even touch an OP-Amp in terms of gain. So well...while I was lacking in forethought on that one, the good thing is it only takes a P7 audiophile grade resistor to boost the gain to unbelievable levels.

Loudness wise, grabe. At "2"on the dial of the overdrive channel, the neighbour from across the street came over and requested that we tone down. Anton says this has never, ever happenned in the entire history of that house. We couldnt play it inside the house (even at "2") because all the windows were rattling and the nearby garbage can started to walk towards us (AWOOO !!!). Well...160 watts of pure cascaded MOSFET power is to blame. Gosh. My ears are still ringing from that series of tests. Tesla's "negative resistance" seems to be at work here. And 3D talaga sya ha ! Move a little , it's in the left ear...move a little again, and it's in the right ear. Surround sound !

Well guys. The age of the Tube Amps tone superiority over solid state is coming to a close. To play is to believe. If you come to the Saturday tone party, this monster will be there to greet you.

My new problem is, I ceased to have a "reference amp" for use when comparing scalarized and non-scalarized guitars. Most likely, any guitar stuck into the Fender Stage will sound good ! Oh well.
diba ss 'tong fender stage?  :-o
paano mapipigil ang isang damdamin
kung ang sinisigaw, ikaw ang lahat sa ahakin!

Offline dominant_chord2005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #393 on: February 01, 2007, 02:31:18 AM »
I receive a text message form one of our soon to be scalarized philmusicians...

Here are their questions:

1. Is the scalarizer different from the pickup booster?

2. I have a strat, and ovation and a tele, which scalarizers should I install on the three guitars?

3. If I have it installed, can I get the guitar right away?

Here are my answers as per Master BAMF's instructions:

1. The scalarizer enhances your tone and does not boost the signal picked up by your guitar. From the words of bluejem it transforms ur normal guitar signal into scalar waves therefore the tonal range is wide.

2. Most customers prefer crystal core on their strats and metal core on their humbucker guitars, but it will still depend on your tastes as a player. As far as we are concerned, most hig gain player prefer the metal core because it provides creamy, smooth, pristine tone when engaged on high gain while the blooze players choose the crystal core since it enhances the tone of your strat to play grittier , meaty blues

3. Yes...it only takes 30 mins at the most to install it on a guitar.  
"Practice makes perfect."

Offline silentspring

• Veteran Member
« Reply #394 on: February 01, 2007, 05:25:52 AM »
From the words of bluejem it transforms ur normal guitar signal into scalar waves therefore the tonal range is wide.

Kaya pala Scalarizer  :-)  although hindi ko pa din maintindihan in theory, pakabit na nga lang ako and hear the difference para maintindihan!

@Master BAMF and Co., papakabit na ko kaso may ineexpect po akong mga bagong pickups 2 weeks from now, mas OK po bang intayin ko muna ung bagong pickups before scalarizing ?  sa mga nabasa ko po kasi parang ung scalarizer nakaconnect siya sa pickups, tama po ba?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 05:29:00 AM by silentspring »

Offline dominant_chord2005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #395 on: February 01, 2007, 06:10:49 AM »
From the words of bluejem it transforms ur normal guitar signal into scalar waves therefore the tonal range is wide.

Kaya pala Scalarizer  :-)  although hindi ko pa din maintindihan in theory, pakabit na nga lang ako and hear the difference para maintindihan!

@Master BAMF and Co., papakabit na ko kaso may ineexpect po akong mga bagong pickups 2 weeks from now, mas OK po bang intayin ko muna ung bagong pickups before scalarizing ?  sa mga nabasa ko po kasi parang ung scalarizer nakaconnect siya sa pickups, tama po ba?

brother, try to wait for the pups, although ang effect ng scalarizer would be felt on stock and replacements pickups of any quality....from the previous posts, we did mention scalarizing an RJ LP (re: an evening with the bakemono d1 thread) w/c BAMF says has low quality pups and made a fantastic sound out of it. its your choice..if u want it stock..we'll scalarizr it as stock or if u want the new pups on ur scalarized geetars, its ur call..really doesnt matter since the effect is basically the same..it will work wonders on your axe.
"Practice makes perfect."

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #396 on: February 01, 2007, 06:29:20 AM »
Hardogai!!!!!!!

Oki doki, here's my take on the BAMFED SUSHIFIED Fender Stage (and my wide-eyed, nose curled expression  :-D)

Most folks are familiar with the Fender Stage, or Fender solid state amps in general. This one, stock, seemed to be overly compressed in the overdrive department (think "sipon tone") and clean wise, it was pretty good.

I was totally floored when  we cranked it outside the house (take note, 2 o'clock palang!). the double sushified overdrive section was wide open  :-o, very responsive to nuances, and has the fabled "bakemono/sushi" dynamic range where you can do a whole gig with the gain cranked, and modulate from clean to shred with your volume knob. It was a warm, clear texture, with more thrust than you can poke hardgay razor ramon sumitani's cigarette penis extinguisher at! Fuuuuuuuu!!! 

Now, with the volume test

We were greeted by very pleasant frequencies with at high volume! It didn't hurt my ears at all! to think that the whole sto.domingo area was flooded with scalarized tone, was great in all directions (i was about 10 meters away from the amp pacing at different degrees) and the propusion of the tone was uncanny! the forward thrust, man, into the atmosphere. In fact, a neighbour politely pleaded that we attenuate the volume (could be a retillian ploy, heheheheh)

wait til the gain gets bumped up into the super saturation area.... as with classic BAMFX tone... clear, sensitive and punchy...  :mrgreen:

"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #397 on: February 01, 2007, 07:56:29 AM »
I'll have my guitar Scalarized this coming Sunday...if the shops open on Sundays....eheheh I too am very excited man...this is gonna be something...ehehhe :mrgreen:

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #398 on: February 01, 2007, 08:04:30 AM »
nice! i want to try the amp! you people are crazy.  :-D luuuv it!!!

Haydn

« Reply #399 on: February 01, 2007, 08:12:38 AM »
sir micsis post nmn kau no. nyo....bibli dn po ako scalarizers...san po ba location nyo? reply nmn po kau...