hulika

Author Topic: Rico Blanco Or Bamboo Maņalac  (Read 49091 times)

Offline HadesLucifer

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Rico Blanco Or Bamboo Maņalac
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2007, 04:42:46 AM »
Mas astig c batman kahit kanino pa...
-Hades-

Offline totsandnotions

« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2007, 09:00:16 AM »
check out his myspace account. the one with a caricature of himself. he has 2 instrumental tracks in there for our listening pleasure :-D

guys, bagong gimmick lang ng rivermaya ito (however distasteful)

this is second hand knowledge from a well-known sound engineer.

and here i was looking forward to hearing mike elgar's solo work. his vocal stint on 7 foot jr. was too short and we only got to catch a glimpse of him singing on rivermaya. :(
Check out our album Thoughts and Notions: In awe of his Amazing Love. Available at all House of Praise Outlets Nationwide. to hear samples of our song, visit www.purevolume.com/thoughtsandnotions

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2007, 06:50:39 PM »
This question is now harder to answer because of the latest news.
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline foom

« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2007, 06:58:58 PM »
Bamboo sa singing and Rico for Songwriting..

100% agree!!!
end is near. learn to swim.

Offline totsandnotions

« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2007, 09:54:02 PM »

Actually mas easier na nga eh. Si Bamboo may delicadeza, si Blanco wala. At least When Bamboo left, may valid explanation siya. At enindorse pa niya si Rico to take over sa vocals. Si Blanco wala. Blanco ang explanation. I used to be a big fan of Blanco. But talent without character is nothing. :-(
Check out our album Thoughts and Notions: In awe of his Amazing Love. Available at all House of Praise Outlets Nationwide. to hear samples of our song, visit www.purevolume.com/thoughtsandnotions

Offline stilljey

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2007, 04:08:11 AM »
basta masasabi ko lang eh wala nang RnB ang Rivermaya... Rico n Bamboo...he-he-he.

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2007, 02:27:38 PM »

Actually mas easier na nga eh. Si Bamboo may delicadeza, si Blanco wala. At least When Bamboo left, may valid explanation siya. At enindorse pa niya si Rico to take over sa vocals. Si Blanco wala. Blanco ang explanation. I used to be a big fan of Blanco. But talent without character is nothing. :-(

Iba ang punto ko dyan eh. Syempre panu mo malalaman kung sino ung mas malupet kung ung kalaban mo umaatras na kahit wala pang panalo o luge.

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2007, 01:14:20 AM »

My take is... You have top respect the guy's decision... Kung ayaw na niya talaga magbanda, let him be... It's his life... Not wanting to sing anymore is a valid explanation... And besides, I'd rather hear a wholehearted singer than a singer who doesn't have his heart into the song...

And quitting a very good thing while you're ahead must say something about his character...

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2007, 01:32:41 PM »
guys, bagong gimmick lang ng rivermaya ito (however distasteful)

this is second hand knowledge from a well-known sound engineer.

sooooo...at this point, is this still a gimmick? nice knowing that well-known sound engineers have such accurate information.

Offline totsandnotions

« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2007, 11:55:58 PM »

My take is... You have top respect the guy's decision... Kung ayaw na niya talaga magbanda, let him be... It's his life... Not wanting to sing anymore is a valid explanation... And besides, I'd rather hear a wholehearted singer than a singer who doesn't have his heart into the song...

And quitting a very good thing while you're ahead must say something about his character...

Sana din nirespeto niya yung kabanda niya

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2007, 06:58:15 PM »

And the fans.

Offline khaffalmhoukz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »
Ika nga ni Mike Elgar (?)

"Sayang"

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2007, 07:25:24 PM »
Teka teka...

"Rivermaya Disbanded" thread na to ah. :-D :evil:

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Rico Blanco Or Bamboo Mañalac
« Reply #163 on: June 28, 2007, 04:27:47 AM »

As I said... You HAVE to respect the guy's decision... Maybe he doesn't want the public life anymore. Maybe he already saved up a lot of money, bought a house, built a recording studio and wants to lead a quiet life behind the frontline. Maybe after 14 years, he's tired of performing onstage in front of thousands of shrieking fans... Believe me, sometimes it really gets in your nerves. Let him be. It's HIS life, and he should be the one calling the shots. Not us... nor his bandmates.

I am not taking sides... I personally know every member of the band, and consider them as my friends. And I feel for ALL of them. Not just Rico, but to each and every one of them. I always include them in my prayers that they would reconcile and settle their differences amicably...

Let's just thank him for all the wonderful music that they have written... And hope that each of them would continue to write more...

Nagiging OT na to... magagalit na si Anthria...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 04:38:40 AM by Dindin »

Offline Indie_Boy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #164 on: June 28, 2007, 06:08:38 PM »
hehe oks lang kay anthria yan basta walang hat thread.. d ba men?  :-D

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2007, 08:55:37 PM »
Tanung lang po, para kasing sakto yung kanta na "Sayang" sa mga nangyari.

Para dun ba talaga yun?  :? :-(

Offline Stompbox

« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2007, 01:46:20 AM »
Has anyone considered that Rico may be preparing himself for public office?

It sounds crazy, but being a former SK chairman and now he's prepping this "Million Flames" thing, not to mention I got word that he's been talking to UNDP people lately....it sounds probable. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 01:56:33 AM by Stompbox »
Stompworks Studios :: motion graphics.visual effects.web design.print     http://www.stompworks-studios.com

STEREODEAL  http://www.myspace.com/stereodeal

Offline bitusan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2007, 12:10:25 PM »
bamboo ano pa!
rico sige!  :-D

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2007, 06:18:30 PM »

It sounds crazy, but being a former SK chairman and now he's prepping this "Million Flames" thing, not to mention I got word that he's been talking to UNDP people lately....it sounds probable. 

Anu ibig-sabihin ng UNDP?  :? :-)

Offline totsandnotions

« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2007, 06:25:14 PM »

United Nations Development Project

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #170 on: July 25, 2007, 06:28:09 PM »

United Nations Development Project

Tutulong sya sa project na to? Anu to?

Offline Stompbox

« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2007, 02:51:07 AM »
He helped out in their Millennium Develpment CD 2 years.  But as to what his discussions with them lately are, I'm not at liberty to say.

I was just at Saguijo a while ago, and Rico was there jamming with Teeth+Ebe Dancel.  Minutes later, I spotted Japs and Mark in the area.  Rico seemed to be chummy with Japs.  Dunno about Mark though.
Stompworks Studios :: motion graphics.visual effects.web design.print     http://www.stompworks-studios.com

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2007, 07:09:30 PM »
Anung chummy?  :?

Isa sa mga topic sa youtube (comments sa vid na "Sayang" by Rivermaya)

May kinalaman daw si Sir Mark sa mga nangyari.

Ewan ko kung totoo.

Offline Stompbox

« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2007, 01:04:22 PM »
Chummy=friendly. 

I didn't see Rico and Mark talk though.  RicoJaps lang.

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #174 on: July 29, 2007, 03:13:30 PM »
Chummy=friendly. 

I didn't see Rico and Mark talk though.  RicoJaps lang.

Ty.