hulika

Author Topic: Reverting to the Good old, Cheaper Set-up  (Read 5896 times)

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Reverting to the Good old, Cheaper Set-up
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 08:09:37 AM »
From my GAS journey, what I learned is that  the main gear that should be invested on (apart from the guitar) is an amp.

Recently, I went from my Mesa Boogie and big pedalboard setup to a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60, Sanpera, and Bad Horsie 2 setup. My band loves the tone still. Really got tired of lugging around a big board. "Minimalist" kumbaga.

Won't be selling my 'big board' setup though. Who knows -  someday I might go back to it. :) Still looking to getting a 6505+/Rectifier/Mark IV in the future so I would have a future need for it. But the Vypyr, setup correctly, will be enough for my gig needs. I actually can't wait to gig with it and have people hear the amp!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 10:37:22 AM by shredmaestrobri »

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2013, 09:03:10 AM »
Naramdaman ko ngayon lang. Parang gusto ko ng DS-1 na tinutulak ng SD-1.  :lol:

(which was my old setup, very easy to get the sound I wanted)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:07:26 AM by nickson »
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 11:26:11 AM »
im tempted to go multieffects nga ulit eh :)
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 01:00:48 PM »
From a pedalboard + pedals, guitar, amp worth 170k down to a rack unit with poweramp + cab and guitar which less than 100k (I think). I can use it for recording as well. Still heavy, but more versatile than my previous.

Thinking of preparing a portable rig, but I feel it's not effective for the genre I am trying to explore.

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 02:45:58 PM »
From These:

To This:

Offline jehed

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 06:18:33 PM »
Sold most if not all of my pedals after getting a Vypyr as my main rig which is awesome! Then switched from the Vypyr to a head+cab as my main rig.

Now... I don't even have a tuner. Main guitar's string broke the other night. Sucks to be me... I still love the Randall though.
and thats the fun i have though.

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2013, 09:35:20 AM »
All I need is dirt and delay.

Offline Lahed92801

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 01:09:31 AM »
Just give me a gig and an amp. Kahit gig lang, I'm already thankful.

Offline af_villaruel

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2013, 03:14:44 PM »
Back to the topic, I've been feeling like going back to multi-FX units again. I've realized this when I played Bagaberde last week. I do have a simple setup, just a chorus and a dirt pedal. Thing is, I don't have a pedalboard with me so inilalatag ko yung dalawang pedals tapos set up ng wiring+PSU for power. And then when the next band played, I noticed that the guitarist only had with him a Boss ME-50 (or 25, I'm not sure) and he sounded great. Tapos naisip ko, I've also been wanting to have a delay pedal kaya lang dagdag sa set-up nanaman yun. If I had a multi, I thought, lahat yun (drive, chorus, delay) nasa iisang unit na lang. Idagdag mo pa dito yung experience of seeing the bar circuit guitarists na puro mga naka-multi lang with good tone naman.

Siguro naman lahat tayo gusto nating plug-and-play na lang but without compensating tone, kung wala din naman tayong P.A. to help us set-up di ba? Kaya lang, parang lately I've been feeling that I'd want to settle with an OK tone with minimal setup rather than have a "better" tone pero you'd have to lug around equipment. Especially considering that hindi naman pagiging musician ang primary job ko and I play to unwind and just to have extra $$$.

Just sharing.  :-P

Offline shoegazer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2013, 10:45:53 AM »
From These:

To This:

Panalo sir Rey! Sabi nga nila getting an Axe-Fx must be a very emotional experience for a guitar player..like you may never look at buying another amp or pedal ever again. Nandun na lahat eh