The Musician Forums > The Blowing Section

whats your favorite wind instrument?

<< < (2/7) > >>

dalandan:
has to be the sax. :)

trumpets are sexy too. especially trumpet players that know how to use a mute. great stuff.

but imo, nothing comes close to the authenticity of the sound of a sax. it's almost human in its tone. just something about it. great great. :)

shuli:

--- Quote from: dalandan on July 11, 2008, 05:07:46 PM ---has to be the sax. :)

trumpets are sexy too. especially trumpet players that know how to use a mute. great stuff.

but imo, nothing comes close to the authenticity of the sound of a sax. it's almost human in its tone. just something about it. great great. :)

--- End quote ---

lahat boto sa sax kakaiba naman kasi at kaya di ko siya favorite nahairapan ako nun at napunta ako sa trombone at trumpet.hehehehe.pero all in all sax ala kenny g. astig  :lol:

dalandan:

--- Quote from: shuli on July 11, 2008, 10:37:21 PM ---lahat boto sa sax kakaiba naman kasi at kaya di ko siya favorite nahairapan ako nun at napunta ako sa trombone at trumpet.hehehehe.pero all in all sax ala kenny g. astig  :lol:

--- End quote ---

sir, kung gusto niyo ng TUNAY na sax tone, i suggest to go away from the man with frizzy hair...  :mrgreen:

hanapin mo yung mga magaling. coltrane. kung opinion ko lang, sina grover at sanborn. basta wag ka kay "KG" :)

siore:
Kenny G?  Bakit naman?

I'm sure Kenny G. inspired a lot of guys to pick up the sax.  He sure deserves credit for that at least.  Di ba?

dalandan:
well, yes. i have to hand him that.

siguro im just so disenchanted with his playing now. he's regarded as a "jazz great" when so many real jazz players don't get the recognition. he's more into pop than anything else. pero sana ma-appreciate din yung sax na hindi lang si kenny g. naging synonymous na yung dalawa.

but he deserves all he has. im not bashing him. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version