hulika

Author Topic: MICSIS GUITAR SPOT BY MIKE SISON  (Read 603143 times)

Offline stefan_hendrixx

MICSIS GUITAR SPOT BY MIKE SISON
« on: January 11, 2011, 04:38:44 AM »
              He was referred to me by Turi since I needed someone new to maintain my guitars and I wanted someone who is O.C when it comes to setting up axes. I went to him last sunday coming from Libis to Sucat. Yes! it was that far however when I brought my new Tele copy and Fernandes Strat for a full setup I was really happy afterwards. When I got my Tele from a fellow forumite the action was bad I mean way bad, and to top it all there was a loud static when I plugged into the amp. Mike installed my new Artec hotrails for the bridge since i like Humbuckers definitely for the bridge. He rewired the tele changed the volume pot to 500k, adjusted the neck since it was not aligned with the body. He also changed the string gauge from 9's to 10's and finally adjusted the pickup heights and there was it! Surprisingly the Tele copy without being too honest sounded far more better than a Squire affinity Tele(well of course the wood was alder to start with) And yes Mike made the necessary tweaks that suited my taste and tone.Aside from that while waiting for your guitars his place was really comfortable and the guy was really accommodating...and to top it all he also makes custom made guitars at a very affordable price (knowing how much a custom guitar costs) I personally tried his custom tele made of pine wood and god! it can go head to head with a U.S highway one Tele..Im not kidding bro's! :-D

Im writing this review/commendation to Mike because I personally think he deserves to be considered as one of the top luthiers in this country. He is indeed doing the lords work for us musicians because he is offering his quality (yes I mean quality!!) service at a very affordable and reasonable price....Any other Mike Sison customers out there?? post & share your stories and pics... :-D :evil:

« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 01:57:30 AM by stefan_hendrixx »
check out www.urbanationbaby.com
contact no. +639175078862
urbanation2k4@yahoo.com  References: Turiguillano, Phoenix_Rising, jefisipbata, jmorrero, balakubak33, MarkV, Bossingboss, Bluenote, Abstract ,Micsis etc...

Offline sargento

• Veteran Member
Re: MIKE SISON a.k.a micsis the Luthier
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 04:50:37 AM »
UP para kay Sir Mike!!! Malapit lang ako sa kanila, next month siguro pa setup ko yung gitara ko.

Offline scofield

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:17:04 AM »
mike's the best!

detailed trabaho and has an ear for good tone.  :-)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 07:55:08 AM »
good luck Micsis!

Offline stefan_hendrixx

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 08:02:24 AM »
btw heres mike's contact number 09175310209
location ng shop nya is 100A greenheights ave greenheights village sucat paranaque :-D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 05:44:46 PM by stefan_hendrixx »
urbanation2k4@yahoo.com  References: Turiguillano, Phoenix_Rising, jefisipbata, jmorrero, balakubak33, MarkV, Bossingboss, Bluenote, Abstract ,Micsis etc...

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 08:55:31 AM »
Sir mike is the man! My guitars will soon go to his hands for some fretwork.  :-)

Offline omen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 09:35:08 AM »
nice para kay sir mike, madali pa kausap.

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 10:05:31 AM »
Yeah! Finally a luthier here in the south!

Planning to pay him a visit kapag nakahanap na ako ng replacement pups. Highly recommended nga sya ni Turi dahil sa napaka intricate at keen sa details ni Mike.
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 10:19:33 AM »
mike is good people!!!!

one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet!

he's got serious chops, both with playing and working on the guitar.

he's responsible for my tele, my main squeeze  :-D i'm excited to hear his teles, as i've recently learnt that he's making them. the guy's got dog ears too, so you can be confident that anything he does will be exceptional  :-)
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 10:32:39 AM »
Time to post some pix of Micsis works.

Ayt, so who's got 'em? :-D
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline stefan_hendrixx

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 10:50:46 AM »
calling sir deltaslim for starter pics please.... :-D

Offline micsis

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 12:06:36 PM »
To the TS. thanks for the kind words. I hope I live up to the things you said. (flattering). I still think of myself as a guitar enthusiast/hobbyist who just knows how to tweak guitars after years of collecting and trying to play. Maybe a 'guitar tech' is more appropriate. But a luthier? How I wish. My partners in the shop are the real guys who are behind the guitar building. I just keep things in order.

To the rest who had nice things to say: Thanks guys!

PS. I don't usually take pictures of our jobs (tamad eh). Maybe I should to do that from now on. Last October lang ako nagsimula mag build ng guitars, Teles made of pine is my first venture. We can do most guitar repair jobs possible.

Thanks Again.

Shop Address:
100-A Greenheights Avenue
Greenheights Village
Paranaque City
Land line 881-6992
Mobile 09175310209
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:22:57 AM by micsis »
I'm standing on a ROCK and my name is on the ROLL

Saturn/Return

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 12:24:31 PM »
Time to post some pix of Micsis works.

Ayt, so who's got 'em? :-D

Pics don't do enough justice though..

It's really best if you try it out personally. My preference may vary from yours, but as a tele lover I encourage you to try his pine-casters. Great attention to detail and his passion for his craft is just evident in his telecasters. :-)

Offline dekturrr

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 12:30:52 PM »
si micsis gumawa ng bass guitar namen sa church! ang ganda na ng action! salamat mic!
shakeys ulit tayo!
Pr. 23:23a

Buy the truth and do not sell it

Offline stefan_hendrixx

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 01:05:55 PM »

It's really best if you try it out personally. My preference may vary from yours, but as a tele lover I encourage you to try his pine-casters. Great attention to detail and his passion for his craft is just evident in his telecasters. :-)

nice axes man!! thanks for the pics! rock on!

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 01:47:59 PM »

Impressive! :-)
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Saturn/Return

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 03:06:14 PM »
nice axes man!! thanks for the pics! rock on!

Mismo bro, I wish it was mine though.. It's Mike's 1st ever Telecaster build :-)

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 03:35:22 PM »
the guy was really accommodating...

sir mike was the one of the first people in philmu whom i met [2005], if not the kindest. always helpful. kudos!
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline modmod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 03:40:55 PM »
ok talaga to si mike.marami kang matututunan sa kanya.

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 03:48:39 PM »

NICE!  :-o

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 03:55:01 PM »
Mike is my new go-to guy for standard guitar works. I hope to test his Strat prototype soon. Just text me if you need a set of ears to test your goods, Mike :)

Addendum:

Guys, if you're gonna quote a message with lots of pictures, please delete the picture URLs from the quoted message because it's slowing down the loading of the pages. It's for our own benefit so I hope for your cooperation. Thanks -MOD
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 03:58:22 PM »
^^^

Nice to know he's gonna make Strats as well. This will be interesting. :-)

Offline Ryn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 04:19:36 PM »
Here are some more pics of Mike's teles:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:20:49 PM by Ryn »

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 04:20:56 PM »
Hooray for the Philippine music industry! :-D
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline stompmoko

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 04:28:43 PM »
+1 for mike, indeed a good fellow musician to go to whenever you need additional "pampering" for your beloved axes
color of the day is monkey sh1t brown