hulika

Author Topic: Hard Disk recording  (Read 4860 times)

Offline jazzbo

Hard Disk recording
« on: October 27, 2000, 10:12:15 PM »
Just would like to take a quick survey here... piqued by that Ely Buendia album recorded on a Roland VS 1680 workstation. What do you think is better - hard disk recording on a PC or dedicated hardware like the VS 1680?

Offline peterscrib

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Hard Disk recording
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2000, 03:09:38 AM »
cool na cool yung roland 1680...nakakalito lang. i made some demo songs in my 1680 and im satisfied with it.
hanep yung dalawang effects boards ang galeng..kaya lang hindi ko pa din nagagamit yung ibang features kelangan basahin mabuti yung manuals hehhee.. pano ba maglagay ng songs sa philmusic???puwede ba yung song ng mga indie sa philmusic..

Offline Hazel Sta. Ana

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Hard Disk recording
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2000, 04:27:04 PM »
I suppose the 1680 would be a more straight forward tool for multitracking since there are REAL faders and panpots, and stuff like that.  Plus, you don't have to deal with latency (which can really be annoying).  It would be nice to have a PC SUPER optimized for multitracking because you can do almost anything with each track, considering the power of third party plug-ins. But basically, a PC serves me best when doing mixdown and mastering.

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
Hard Disk recording
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2000, 11:44:10 PM »
Quote from: peterscrib
hehhee.. pano ba maglagay ng songs sa philmusic???puwede ba yung song ng mga indie sa philmusic..

Aba pwedeng pwede! Do you have your stuff on a CD that you can send us? Check out our contact info for the PhilMusic.com mailing address or email us at info@philmusic.com

Offline RedBaron

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Hard Disk recording
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2001, 08:50:37 AM »
Quote from: Hazel Sta. Ana
I suppose the 1680 would be a more straight forward tool for multitracking since there are REAL faders and panpots, and stuff like that.  Plus, you don't have to deal with latency (which can really be annoying).  It would be nice to have a PC SUPER optimized for multitracking because you can do almost anything with each track, considering the power of third party plug-ins. But basically, a PC serves me best when doing mixdown and mastering.

Just curious but how does using a PC for digital recording compare to digital tape, like ADAT or Tascam DA-88? Same quality or better....?

Offline andytekken

• Netizen Level
Hard Disk recording
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2001, 01:54:35 PM »
my opinion on this is, pc is better coz you could upgrade to better softwares,sound card, audio/midi interface, plug-in effects etc. plus you can mixdown or finish your master using better plug-ins that is depending on your choice.the 1680 is more straight forward, its good for it's price and portable. I guess it depends on what u really need like how much tracks you really wanna use or quality of effects you want.But over all both are good!!!

Offline dfx

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Digital Devo
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2001, 04:05:11 AM »
Hi everyone!  You are the first to receive info to participate in another Revolution!... The Digital Revolution!

Creative Directors / Marketing and Business Professionals:
         Come see and experience the latest in Cutting-Edge Digital Art and Technology that you
         can apply for your projects and help your business!!

Junior Artists:
         Learn how others use Digital tools to create their work! Learn and share ideas!

Students:
         Meet industry professionals and ask those questions that you can't get answered by
         merely reading manuals or books!

Professional Artists:
         Be updated on the latest news and info on Cutting Edge Digital Art and Technology!
         Learn how other artists from around the world produce world class and award winning
         projects.

Teachers and Trainers:
         Don't be OBSOLETE and get left behind! Stay in tune with the times. Get to know what
         this industry really needs and the latest tools that are used!

------------------------------------------------------------

Digital Devo (Devo-tional) is a bi-monthly group meeting for anyone who are using digital tools and media for work, play, or just interested. Even people who are new to the digital revolution can attend and see some cool and entertaining stuff! It’s Free to all to attend!

For the first time, people from Graphics, Audio, Video, Broadcast, Games, Fine Arts, Music, Web, Programming, hobbyists, academics and others will be gathered in one place to share ideas, learn, network with people and have fun.

Each meeting we will be featuring the works of local artists, production houses, students and hobbyists. We’ll have Guest speakers, Cool Demos, Product testing, User forums, Mini workshops, and more!…
Join the Digital Revolution and be recognized! …..It’s Free for all to attend! Walk ins are cool but registered members will be entitled to some cool stuff!

Stay tune for updates!  We’ll be posting news, info, guest speaker of the week and location of meeting via email so it’s important to register! Also registered members gets entered into our database for things like raffles during the meetings!!!

Click the link below to sign up for e-mail newsletter updates and registration !

http://202.57.123.154/vibestation/form.html

Send this e-mail to a friend and pass on the news!

Location: 205 Salcedo Street, Penthouse, Bloomingdale Building, Legaspi Village, Makati City. Corner Herrera and Salcedo
Time: 7:30-10:00 pm
Date: To be announced

If you have any comments, suggestions on topics of discussion, want to volunteer, sponsor, etc, e-mail us at: mailto:digitaldevo@hotmail.com

Thanks, hope to hear from you soon!
Visual Effects Director / Digital Artist
Vibestation Digital