hulika

Author Topic: Fuzz Freaks arise!  (Read 275054 times)

Offline rubis915

Re: Fuzz Freaks arise!
« Reply #950 on: October 29, 2013, 11:09:26 AM »
sumikat lang to dahil kay EDGE
ito mismo "daw" yung gamit ni EDGE sa kantang "ELEVATION"
From the intro to the rest of the song you can here edge
rocking the pedal back and forth...  hehehe  :-D
"double shot triple espresso with a black coffee chaser without the 'frying bacon sound' tone'..."

Check this band: https://soundcloud.com/mad-love-misery

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #951 on: October 29, 2013, 11:13:28 AM »
^You know your fuzz very well... amazing hehe.
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #952 on: October 29, 2013, 11:28:52 AM »
yep. good thing di na-fry ang PSu mo hahaha!

are, sinulit ang mga araw na walang pasok experimenting on some quick labels, like the one below (binihisang Mimosa):

ma-ffry yun psu? ganun ba akala ko yun pedal ang maffry :-o
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline rubis915

« Reply #953 on: October 29, 2013, 11:55:21 AM »

parang pinagshoshort kasi yung + at - nung PSU
pag merong kang pedals in the same chain with
different polarities...

@nickson - eto rin problema nung nakwento ko sa iyo
dati SOUL BENDER naman gamit nung gitarist namin...
ayaw naman gumana pag may kasama sa chain...
"double shot triple espresso with a black coffee chaser without the 'frying bacon sound' tone'..."

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #954 on: October 29, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »
parang pinagshoshort kasi yung + at - nung PSU
pag merong kang pedals in the same chain with
different polarities...

@nickson - eto rin problema nung nakwento ko sa iyo
dati SOUL BENDER naman gamit nung gitarist namin...
ayaw naman gumana pag may kasama sa chain...

pano malalaman na fried na yun psu? fried as in fried chicken? :roll:

Offline rubis915

« Reply #955 on: October 29, 2013, 12:16:48 PM »
hahaha..  fried chicken...  >:D

magsisimulang uminit yan sir.. hanggat kaya ng pyesa.. gagana pa..
then merong malulusaw na sa loob.. hangang malusaw na yung PSU mo..
parang gravy.. heheh (joke lang)

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #956 on: October 29, 2013, 01:08:33 PM »

when you run positive gnd AND negative ground pedals daisy chained off a single PSU, you are essentially connecting the positive and negative leads of your PSU. try mo pagdikitin yung tip and sleeve ng adaptor mo just to check :lol:

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #957 on: October 29, 2013, 01:19:48 PM »
hahaha..  fried chicken...  >:D

magsisimulang uminit yan sir.. hanggat kaya ng pyesa.. gagana pa..
then merong malulusaw na sa loob.. hangang malusaw na yung PSU mo..
parang gravy.. heheh (joke lang)
when you run positive gnd AND negative ground pedals daisy chained off a single PSU, you are essentially connecting the positive and negative leads of your PSU. try mo pagdikitin yung tip and sleeve ng adaptor mo just to check :lol:

syet syet syet

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #958 on: October 29, 2013, 01:30:41 PM »
Mon, buti na lang di nasira yung sTonebender no?

Yung saken, nangyari kasi... isinama ko sa mga pedals ko, eh maingay nga.. para syang ibon hahaha.. humuhuni nga. Tas tanggal ko kaagad nakakairita eh.

Pero hanggang ngayon okay pa din naman PSU ko, hindi naman umiinit... hmmm. I therefore conclude:

MAGANDA ANG MGA MOOER PSU!  ^-^
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #959 on: October 29, 2013, 02:56:56 PM »
syet syet syet

mapapakanta ka ng sparks will fly :lol:

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #960 on: October 29, 2013, 11:09:39 PM »

― Duane Allman

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #961 on: October 30, 2013, 02:02:28 PM »
hi guys,

Ive got this fuzzfactory clone..and all of a sudden the GATE knob isnt responding anymore..any experiences with this problem? faulty pot perhaps? I remember this happened once before and I just wiggled the knob a bit..maxed and rolled back..and it worked again...your thoughts?

some other things..I just added and maxed out the chain with 8 pedals..I think the same thing happened before when I played around with my board..could it be the GATE circuit is affected by power draws etc..Ill try to observe it some more and maybe try to play it with batteries as a stand alone for the meantime..opened the box and checked solders..nothing loose or broken..
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:09:12 PM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #962 on: October 30, 2013, 02:04:58 PM »
Fuzz Factory tips
A lot of people seem to have problems with their Fuzz Factories that are down to lack of experience more than anything.

Some useful tips if you've bought, or thinking about buying a Fuzz factory:

- The Fuzz Factory is the exact same as the Probe version, without the probe. There is no difference in quality. If you are clever, you can operate the Stab knob with your foot as the knobs are large. But make sure which version you want.
The Fuzz Probe can be unstable, but you can use it as a Theremin, which is pretty cool.

- The Handpainted ones come with a lifetime(Zach's lifetime) warranty, the Vexters come with a much shorter one.

- You will probably NOT like the initial sounds that you get out of the FF. Before you turn it on, set the "Stab" up to full, gate and comp to about 1/4 way, and drive about 2/3s - 4/5s of the way up. Volume should be about 1/3 of the way up. Use the Neck pickup, preferably a single coil, for best results. If you had mid heavy pickups(like the Air Norton), roll down the tone knob as a mid scoop is what gives a Fuzz much of it's sound.
That's a good starting setting.
The biggest offender is the Stab knob, which creates much of the noise, and the drive knob appears to cause it to self oscillate some when turned up full.

- The Stab knob messes with the feedback pitch - this *will* sound nasty when you don't play anything. It adds interference, but you need to surpress it with a noise gate. That's where the "Gate" knob comes in. Turn it up until the noise disappears. The Comp knob works good too.
The stab knob adds noisy interference which can make the Fuzz sound messier, which a lot of people prefer.

- NEVER have the volume set at more than 1/3 when you're "expierementing".

- Be persistant. The pedal is worth it. Many people have been disappointed, and later changed their mind, a very many. The controls aren't easy. Still with them.

- The Comp and Gate setting *will* remove dynamics(ie play a soft note and it comes out soft, play heavy for heavy), so you won't be able to use dynamics much if you want to mess with the Stab knob. Some people won't like the FF for this reason, though you can always find a way around the noise, or using lower gain.

- You will need to play with the volume knob of your guitar to get the full range of sounds. Rolling it down sort of puts it in an "on the fence" setting when the gate is high, which causes some strange interference sounds, especially with stab turned down. You'll get a lot of 1980s sound track noises from this.
There are also Ring-Mod like settings on the FF with the volume rolled back to about 7.

- The FF should usually come first, before absolute everything, especially wireless transmitters. You can't use one with an FF, unless you have it built in by Manson like Matt Bellamy.
Most Wahs appear to be fine, but some Vox Wahs have problems. Even though it doesn't always sound like it, it *is* a high gain pedal, so you'll need to roll it down a bit to hear the Wah. You may be able to get away with an OD pedal/clean boost before it to help it. For this reason the Wah Probe is the best wah to use with it, as it has a clean boost.

- Remember, most of the good settings are the "in between" settings, unlike other pedals. It's not just a case of tone up high, drive up high, volume at half, and play away.
Wahs after Fuzzes destroy their character.

- You can, despite what Zach says, get some interesting sounds chaining it or using it on the dirty channel of your amp, but this will make it even more chaotic. People claim Tube Amps dound better, but remember that they "round" the sound, which is the opposite of Fuzz in some ways.

- The Fuzz Factory is something that grows on you, *not* an instant gratification pedal like a RAT.

- Make sure to put the guitar and amp cables in the right end, they're marked. I messed this one up.

- Zach is nearly always around on his board, on http://www.zvex.com the members of the board can help you find good starting settings. Go to that board for help before you even consider giving up on it.

And above all, enjoy your Fuzz Factory! Through all the other dist and fuzz boxes you will own, it will most likely remain one of your favourites for one reason or another for a long time to come.

-Use batteries or an isolated power supply if you want consistent tweaking results and improved stability.

Offline tongski_02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #963 on: October 30, 2013, 06:10:57 PM »
lumanog > denio ds > hanabishi karaoke + hanabishi electric fan

Offline Autoplay2009

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #964 on: October 30, 2013, 09:18:59 PM »
hi guys,

Ive got this fuzzfactory clone..and all of a sudden the GATE knob isnt responding anymore..any experiences with this problem? faulty pot perhaps? I remember this happened once before and I just wiggled the knob a bit..maxed and rolled back..and it worked again...your thoughts?

some other things..I just added and maxed out the chain with 8 pedals..I think the same thing happened before when I played around with my board..could it be the GATE circuit is affected by power draws etc..Ill try to observe it some more and maybe try to play it with batteries as a stand alone for the meantime..opened the box and checked solders..nothing loose or broken..

parang parehas tayo ng problema sa Fuzz Factory ngayon gandy  :-(
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

-2 Corinthians 5:17

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #965 on: October 30, 2013, 10:26:48 PM »
parang parehas tayo ng problema sa Fuzz Factory ngayon gandy  :-(

kakatapos ko lang mag laro laro..nakakalungkot..kasi I decided to retire the fuzz factory clone  :cry: :cry: :cry:..naging usapan pa nga sa family dinner table kanina yun hahaha..favoriet ko kasi yun talaga kahit clone.. may 2 pang fuzz dito pero..sinubuk subukan ko pero parang mas madaling magdial in doon sa isa...oh well..hanap ako ng totoong fuzz factory siguro pamalit..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Autoplay2009

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #966 on: October 30, 2013, 10:46:23 PM »
kakatapos ko lang mag laro laro..nakakalungkot..kasi I decided to retire the fuzz factory clone  :cry: :cry: :cry:..naging usapan pa nga sa family dinner table kanina yun hahaha..favoriet ko kasi yun talaga kahit clone.. may 2 pang fuzz dito pero..sinubuk subukan ko pero parang mas madaling magdial in doon sa isa...oh well..hanap ako ng totoong fuzz factory siguro pamalit..

ako naman, di ko sya ma-try with sasha ngayon  :cry:
i need to find someone to fix it. deym!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

-2 Corinthians 5:17

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #967 on: October 31, 2013, 09:15:14 AM »
Mga pre let go of the Zvex FF. Its just too much headache, too many dials. Too much temptation to explore, too much thought on how to relate it with your set up. It's a great pedal on its own but it doesn't play nice with others.

I had my days when I thought it was Godly but that was ages ago....it's just a phase.

Move on to the next game.
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #968 on: October 31, 2013, 10:01:52 AM »
Mga pre let go of the Zvex FF. Its just too much headache, too many dials. Too much temptation to explore, too much thought on how to relate it with your set up. It's a great pedal on its own but it doesn't play nice with others.

I had my days when I thought it was Godly but that was ages ago....it's just a phase.

Move on to the next game.

Hahaha thanks for the inspiring  words...mukhang sign nga to to move on and explore..kakaupdate ko lang ng gear excel file ko...Retired ~sa remarks column ng ff clone..haha..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline rubis915

« Reply #969 on: October 31, 2013, 12:54:04 PM »
Sir Gandy ad Autoplay,

Maybe i should give it a try to fix your FF...
If may time ako will give it a try...
eto yung una kong DIY pedal with germanium transistors.
if your going to retire those pedals..  maybe i should give it a try?

Give me a month after giving me your pedal...

Disclaimer:
No promises i could fix it..

Assurance:
wala akong papalitang parts unless required.
will contact you first..
hindi ko kakahuyin yung Elusive AC128 nyo.. heheh  :mrgreen:

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #970 on: October 31, 2013, 10:48:18 PM »
Sir Gandy ad Autoplay,

Disclaimer:

Assurance:
will contact you first..

Hello pre got a real one here was thinking of maybe adding a led option with this pedal.
Can you do the mod?
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #971 on: November 01, 2013, 05:52:00 AM »
Assurance:
will contact you first..

That's the thing with my Fuzz Factory. It says ZVEX not AC128. HOW WILL I KNOW IF IT'S THE SAME KIND OF TRANSISTOR??? And they market the FF as having a pair of these in NOS condition.

Damn you Zacharyyyyyyyyy!!!  :lol:

A very, very good and fun sounding fuzz pedal nonetheless.

― Duane Allman

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #972 on: November 01, 2013, 08:02:14 AM »
Sir Gandy ad Autoplay,

Disclaimer:

Assurance:
will contact you first..

thanks rubis! sige pagnauwi.. :)
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #973 on: November 02, 2013, 07:13:15 PM »
new fuzz via trade :idea:

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #974 on: November 02, 2013, 07:15:11 PM »
new fuzz via trade :idea:

Pics or its a Denio fuzz. Wait, may Denio fuzz ba?  :wink: