hulika

Author Topic: adobe audition users anyone??  (Read 2101 times)

Offline lucy_monostone

adobe audition users anyone??
« on: December 19, 2006, 01:02:10 AM »
hello mga sir.. baka may user ng audition dito?

kunin ko sana yung style nyo ng pag record ng voice track dun eh..

ang gamit ko lang kase ay ordinary mic lang..

then ang gusto ko mag blend sya sa other instruments na parang hindi basta-basta pinatong lang..

yung mga instruments ko may effects na:

Studio Reverb >> drum plate(small) = drums, bass
Studio Reverb >> drum plate(medium) = guitars

..so pag vocals na parang hindi ko makuha kung reverb ba or echo and dapat para mag blend sya sa mga instruments..

eto yung sample ng gawa ko:

www.purevolume.com/deathstrawberry

paki play yung "rough demo"

(btw dont mind the singer's voice - it sucks but he's working on it.)

thanks!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 01:12:48 AM by lucy_monostone »

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: adobe audition users anyone??
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 04:29:54 AM »
try to get SM58 or a condenser mic. re: mixing on audition try to add dynamic processing and minimal reverb on the vocal track. dont use use any reverb templates on Audition try to mix on your on until you get the tone and mix that your looking for.

PEACE!
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 12:21:16 AM »
And try to look for Autotune and/or Celemony Melodyne. <joke>  :lol:

Seriously, about the mix, lubog ang vocals. Your vox sounds like he's having difficulty recording with headphones (I know of some singers who have that difficulty). Often happens when they don't hear themselves in the mix properly so you will have to find a way to directly monitor while recording. Unfortunately, soundblasters are poor in this regard.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 12:33:42 AM by KitC »
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 12:38:44 AM »
hahaha! kaw boss kit ha! hehe

anyway... nasabi na ni boss kit gs2 ko sabihin actually. just cant find the right term para di ako maka offend.

HAPPY RECORDING!

PEACE!
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline Thechief

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 02:23:52 AM »
try to get SM58 or a condenser mic. re: mixing on audition try to add dynamic processing and minimal reverb on the vocal track. dont use use any reverb templates on Audition try to mix on your on until you get the tone and mix that your looking for.

PEACE!

shurely the sm58 is really really good... but there is a cheaper alternative if budget becomes a problem.. check out behringer xm8500.. its half the price of the sm58 but the performance competes.. i use it.. its good!.. or you can try the jts brand mr Benipayo is selling.. pero kung madami naman ang budget eh go for the sm58.. gandang ivestment yan..shure yan! your sure with shure!hehe 

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 12:26:31 PM »
hello mga sir.. baka may user ng audition dito?

kunin ko sana yung style nyo ng pag record ng voice track dun eh..

ang gamit ko lang kase ay ordinary mic lang..

then ang gusto ko mag blend sya sa other instruments na parang hindi basta-basta pinatong lang..

yung mga instruments ko may effects na:

Studio Reverb >> drum plate(small) = drums, bass
Studio Reverb >> drum plate(medium) = guitars

..so pag vocals na parang hindi ko makuha kung reverb ba or echo and dapat para mag blend sya sa mga instruments..

eto yung sample ng gawa ko:

www.purevolume.com/deathstrawberry

paki play yung "rough demo"

(btw dont mind the singer's voice - it sucks but he's working on it.)

thanks!

lately i have been making the vocals blend in with the music by using a very short delay (which will not sound so "chorusy" when used judiciously) and a whole bunch of room, plate and hall reverbs.  the trick is to perhpas try to put most of the instruments and the vocals in a single sound stage or space ... then adjust how much space an instrument is put further back or in front of the mix.  this is achived by the size,predelay,decay time of the reverb.  room reverbs are supposed to have early reflections from nearby walls so a short delay will work best here (@abyss ... i just love the stock uad-dm1 here).  try layering subtle settings of different reverbs.

and oh by the way, you might find that using a large diaphragm condenser almost instantly gives you a more "studio" sound than dynamics.  these mics are generally more sensitive and brighter.

about your recording:  the vocals need to be eq'd (add more high mid frequencies) so that it sticks out in the mix.  the more you increase the volume of the vocals without fixing it with eq the more it will sound "detached" from the mix, so fix the problem with a bit of eq muna (also try cutting lower frequencies).

@Kit, the melodyne looks interesting! 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 12:35:46 PM by starfugger »
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 04:01:05 AM »
@Kit, the melodyne looks interesting! 

It is! According to some folks, Melodyne is much better than Autotune. But if you want to do the Cher 'Believe' vocals or Eiffel 65's 'Blue Ba Da Bee' vocal fx, Autotune is the way to go.

But then again, I just received my Xmas presents... Sonar 5 and 6 Producer Edition, and Project5 V2 (I'm downloading the updates right now!). Sonar 5 and 6 have V-vocal, Roland's Variphrase in software form, I also asked my sis to get the Roland VariOS which is going for $355. New toys, new joys... this is going to be an interesting year!  :-D
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline lucy_monostone

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 01:27:38 AM »
And try to look for Autotune and/or Celemony Melodyne. <joke>  :lol:

Seriously, about the mix, lubog ang vocals. Your vox sounds like he's having difficulty recording with headphones (I know of some singers who have that difficulty). Often happens when they don't hear themselves in the mix properly so you will have to find a way to directly monitor while recording. Unfortunately, soundblasters are poor in this regard.

nyehehe i was expecting to see something like this.. o kaya pitch corrector no?  :-D

anyway, i would go for sir starfugger's tip muna since i dont have those stuff that you guys are mentioning -___-" cant afford to buy one now either..