hulika

Author Topic: The compact disc era may finally be entering its hospice stage  (Read 4409 times)

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Thirty-five years after the format was introduced as one of the greatest audio advancements since the birth of recorded music — and unwittingly unleashed digitized music into the wild — the once indestructible compact disc received another existential wound in early 2018 after a report that two big box retailers were reassessing their approaches to physical CD sales.

Electronics outlet Best Buy will stop carrying most CDs in their stores, and Target is attempting to negotiate with distributors to try to switch to a consignment model, according to sources in the music business who declined to speak on the record for fear of jeopardizing business relationships. The news was first reported by Billboard.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-compact-discs-20180302-story.html#nt=oft13a-4gp1
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The compact disc era may finally be entering its hospice stage
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 01:45:25 PM »

collectors na ang mga CD
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 09:28:21 PM »
Wala na nga CD sa CDRKing.
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 06:20:39 AM »
kung music related, ang tagal nang argument dito na hindi na cd ang main distribution medium ngayon. may mga artists nang nag release ng albums sa flash drive. kung gusto nila encrypted, they can do it like how they did it in Joss Stone's first album kung saan yung cd eh self executable na may built in player at yun ang mag launch para iplay yung songs. for a layman, medyo matrabaho para makuha yung mga laman na kanta.

or, they can sell the songs online  :-D
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis