hulika

Author Topic: ive got a K1 and im screwed.  (Read 3265 times)

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
ive got a K1 and im screwed.
« on: August 18, 2007, 09:24:11 PM »
ive learned a very very very interesting lesson in life. Its to NOT buy cellphones at unauthorised dealers!!

why?!

ive got a motorola k1 last monday. I badly needed the gprs connection when i got the phone and i found out in other forums that there was this SMART KEY at the side that you could assign any keys.

GUESS WHAT?!

When i got home, i found out that the manual was in ARABIC! but i justtold myslef i could dowload some manuals from the net so i just let it by.

BUT..

after three days when i already had enough time to tinker the phone. i found out that the settings were not meant to use for the philippines! The supposed to be smart key auto assigned to PUSH-TO-TALK and there was NO OPTION to change it! The gprs server were all from out of the country as i found out and the only was i could have a philippine program into the phone was to have it reprogrammed but there is not a guarantee that itll come back to me in good condition and might even be a dead set after then they would send it to motorolas main office to have it reprogrammed again and then ill be given a quote of the price!

tell me how stupid and screwed i am now.

is there any way out? :x
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: ive got a K1 and im screwed.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 11:17:45 PM »
Hindi na ba covered ng warranty? Those issues could be considered defects eh.. incompatible sa Pilipinas.

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 11:33:46 PM »

tell me how stupid and screwed i am now.

ok. your stupid and your screwed! :lol:

biro lang, jb. hehe in my experience, the moto service center did their job, no more and no less. yun nga lang, extra cash-out ka.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 12:52:50 PM »
Hindi na ba covered ng warranty? Those issues could be considered defects eh.. incompatible sa Pilipinas.

bro i dont have any warranty from motorola. haay

@badongrodrigs

yep its a risk.

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 05:14:30 PM »
Oh shucks. You're screwed alright.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 11:19:26 PM »
Oh shucks. You're screwed alright.

but do you think motorola could do something about it?

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 06:36:48 PM »
but do you think motorola could do something about it?

yes...they can help you...but you have to prepare your wallet...sounds like a load of cash is needed to reprogram that fone...

and may i add, youre in dip [gooey brown stuff]?... :lol:
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline kuyaneo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 10:47:22 PM »
kung malakas loob mo pwedeng ikaw mismo mag program niyan. mayroon akong moto razr v3i na ilang beses ko ng nireprogram(currently naka D&G hybrid siya). ako naglagay ng gprs settings etc. punta ka www.motox.info marami kang matutunan sa pagkalikot ng phone mo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 11:55:43 PM »
kung malakas loob mo pwedeng ikaw mismo mag program niyan. mayroon akong moto razr v3i na ilang beses ko ng nireprogram(currently naka D&G hybrid siya). ako naglagay ng gprs settings etc. punta ka www.motox.info marami kang matutunan sa pagkalikot ng phone mo

wahhh!! nakakatakot ito! pero hindi ka ba natatakot na baka ma dead set yung phone? pwede raw kasi ma dead set eh.. bakit nagkakaganun?!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 03:17:01 AM »
update!

kinopya ko yung GLOBE gprs settings ng kaibigan ko at gumana naman. nakakapag gprs na ko. so wala nang problema dun.

yung SMART KEY nalang na naka auto assign sa bweset na PUSH-TO-TALK. Gusto ko kasi i-assign iyong button na iyon para pwede mag picture kahit naka close yung phone.

medyo masaya na rin. baka pabayaan ko na rin itong "depekto" na ito.

Offline kuyaneo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 08:08:23 PM »
wahhh!! nakakatakot ito! pero hindi ka ba natatakot na baka ma dead set yung phone? pwede raw kasi ma dead set eh.. bakit nagkakaganun?!
nung una natakot hehe pero nung tumagal parang wala normal na palitpalitan ko yung program ng phone ko