hulika

Author Topic: Your priority gear - Tone Hunting  (Read 5416 times)

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
Your priority gear - Tone Hunting
« on: April 23, 2015, 09:28:31 AM »
I know there's a lot of topic regarding this, pero in church setting ask ko lang kung pano nyo pinaprioritize yung gear acquisition nyo. What I mean is what's the gear that you invest the most? Mas ginagastusan, mas mahal compared sa rest ng gear...
Pedals (Pedalboard), Amp, or Guitar? Paki list kung ano una at least.

Let me start...
When I started playing guitar or being part of the Worship team, I spent most on Pedals. The church has a cheap guitar and amp that time, so I was thinking that spending my resources on pedals would be a good choice. Isip ko din mas pogi kapag may pedalboard dahil sa kakanood ko ng Hillsong that time. hahaha.

But as of now, upon trying different kind of amps, guitars and pedals, I realize that 60% or more of your sound comes from your Amp. A descent guitar will sound cheap when plugged in a cheap Amp, and a cheap guitar will sound awesome if plugged on an awesome Amp. So for me, Amp would be the most prioritized gear among the 3. As of now I'm saving for a Tube amp. Our church has this Solid State Amp which I'm pretty satisfied with the sound. Pero kailangan ko na din maginvest sa TubeAmp.

2nd would be guitar. I've been using a cheap locally made guitar on my first 3 years with the team. Spending most of my finances on pedals. Dame ko na-try na pedals pero di ko makuha sound na gusto ko, then I decided to buy a new guitar nagbago lahat. Pati the way I play, yung feel din. hehehe. So I can say that 30% of my sound comes from what guitar I'm using. Versatility as a player might be dependent on what guitar you're using. So investing on guitar will be a great choice than pedals. As of now I'm using 3 electric guitar and 2 acoustic guitar at church, pretty descent but not those high end boutique guitars, not the americans, but I can say that I'm satisfied with it and can do its job for me.

Last would be the Pedals. For me, madame nagkakamali sa mindset na ang nagdidictate ng sound ay kung anong pedals ang gamit lalo na sa mga beginner. Kahit ako biktima ng ganong mindset. I spent a lot on pedals, I tried boutique overdrives, buying and selling it if not satisfied. But at the end of the day I'm not satisfied.haha. Then our church bought a new amp and I upgraded my guitar, everything changes. So I think only 10% of the sound comes from pedals, but don't get me wrong. Because I'm not saying that you can just buy cheap pedals, pedals can really affect your tone! Lalo kapag may magandang amp ka at gitara pero you only have cheap pedal, then you're doomed. What I'm saying is spend first on amp, guitars before pedals. Buy a descent overdrive and delay. As of now I'm satisfied with my pedalboard, all I need is on that board. Though this is the least on my list, but I can say that it is also important because it gives us the creativity of mixing our own sound.

To conclude my tone hunting, Overall tone will come from your Amp. Versatility comes from your guitar, and Creativity happens on your pedals. This is just my opinion. Maybe this is not your case, maybe this will not work for you. But on my 8 years experience on being part of Worship team eto yung napansin at natutunan ko. Hopefully this will be a reminder and guidance for all beginners. And last thing, I have to say na wag na aasa sa gamit ng church, INVEST YOUR OWN GEAR. Let us help our church, our ministry for God's glory. Mas madameng bagay pa pwede paggastusan ang budget ng church. Lalo na sa mga local church, mas maganda na tulungan natin church natin by providing our own gear na gusto talaga natin.

Kung may agree and disagree or may ibang opinion, go lang. hehehe  :mrgreen:
"Accomplishing the impossible is all about seeing the invisible."

- Sun Stand Still

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Your priority gear - Tone Hunting
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 10:30:49 AM »
I kinda have a different outlook for this. Coming from a P&W musician, for me it's guitar, then pedals, and lastly amp. Here's why.

Guitar first. This is because I'm more of a keyboardist than a guitar player. Para sa akin, the feel and tone comes from me being comfortable with the instrument I'm playing. For example. My main guitar is an MIJ Fender tele. I once played a bandmate's Samick strat because the tele was at a luthier. Not only could I not sound like myself, but I was totally uncomfortable playing it. Ang effect niya was that parang may kulang sa tugtugan namin during those times. Mind you, same pa rin yung amp and pedals ko. So for me, first priority is a good guitar. It doesn't have to be an expensive one, just one that sounds good to you.

Pedals second. I usually play in our church. But there have been occasions when we would be invited to play outside or during youth camps where bringing a tube amp is risky. So I tend to invest more in having good sounding pedals on my board instead of having a good sounding amp. Also, once I was forced to play on a powered monitor. Not even a solid state amp. My pedals actually saved the day and I was able to cop decent sounds out of it.

Amps third. If I were only playing in church the entire time, I'd totally put this first. But as for my current needs, amps muna ang huli. Mind you, I agree that amps do make up around 60% of your sound. Kaso dahil sa needs ko as a musician, I have to put this last. We have a tube amp at our main church and I also have my personal tube amp which I leave there. But I've also been forced to play using solid state amps, small practice amps, powered monitors, and no amps. Also, pag may nire-renta na sound system for big events, we get stuck with whatever amp we get and not a lot of time to tweak (minsan nga ayaw nilang pagalaw yung EQ nung amp e). Also, pag naimbitahan kaming tumugtog sa ibang bansa (kelan kaya mangyayari to?), impossibleng magdala ng amp. So for me, investing in a good, expensive amp is a luxury.

So for me, it's like a painting. Yung guitar ang paintbrush, yung amp ang canvass, at yung pedals and paint. Ah,dagdag lang ako ha though this is not so much sa tone but more of the making music part of it. Training. Practice is good, but sometimes, mas ok na merong pumupuna sa iyo para mas maging ok ka. Magastos din kumuha ng magtuturo. But as much as I can, I look for people who could teach me (hi master Poundcake!). Nahalata ko na every time I get a teacher, my playing gets a lot better. Sana lang may oras na uli ako para magpaturo. In the end, having high end gear will make you sound better, but will not make you a better player.

Anyway, here's my loooong 2 cents. Hope it made sense :)
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 11:04:12 AM »
^ +1 Voidmain!

Ayos yung insight din, which I think practical talaga lalo sa touring musician. Ako kasi most of the time sa church lang talaga stay..hehe But I have to agree with you regarding guitars, though Amp yung 1st sa list ko I have to say that my GAS as of now is another guitar. Hahaha. Whenever we are invited to play in other churches di ko din naman nadadala amp ko, pedalboard and guitar lang. kadalasan din 1 or 2 guitars dala ko kapag ganun for versatility. Anyway, Salamat sa outlook nyo!  :-D

- Sun Stand Still

Offline janjan0416

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 11:38:18 AM »
So for me, it's like a painting. Yung guitar ang paintbrush, yung amp ang canvass, at yung pedals and paint. Ah,dagdag lang ako ha though this is not so much sa tone but more of the making music part of it. Training. Practice is good, but sometimes, mas ok na merong pumupuna sa iyo para mas maging ok ka. Magastos din kumuha ng magtuturo. But as much as I can, I look for people who could teach me (hi master Poundcake!). Nahalata ko na every time I get a teacher, my playing gets a lot better. Sana lang may oras na uli ako para magpaturo. In the end, having high end gear will make you sound better, but will not make you a better player.

Anyway, here's my loooong 2 cents. Hope it made sense :)

Nice! Pero may iba talagang musician matigas ulo. Napupuna na eh wala parin. Naalala ko tuloy ung video ni paul baloche napaka effective nun para saken. Medyo na off topic ata ako ng onti hehehe.. Anyway, nice point of views mga bro! :)

Offline binting

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 08:03:53 AM »
para sakin dapat inuuna yung pakikisama natin sa Panginoon then tone comes next. but for guitar tone purposes eto naman sakin

1. Amp and Guitar dapat sabay
kasi kahit may maganda kang guitar at yung amp mo hindi ganong maganda hindi mo binigyan ng justice yung guitar mo. at kung may maganda kang amp naman wala kang magandang guitar sayang din yung amp mo. kaya work with what you have right now tapos kung may availabke na funds ka na then buy the right combination for you

2. pedals
2.a delay cguro eto yung uunahin ko kasi gamit to sa worship
2.b volume pedal eto para dynamic ka sa team pede mo ipahina yung guitar mo para sa ibang instruments tapos pede mo rin palakasin pag alam nakakatulong yung piece mo sa music

2.c compressor pampaalis dynamics hehehe para even yung volume ko tsaka gamit to sa swelling techniques

2.d overdrive boost yung mids or add magic to your mids its all about being heard in the mix add a little gain + delay for liquid leads

ayaw ko ng distortion pedals kasi para sakin distortion comes from the amp hindi sa pedal.

3. pics,strings,tuner
very important ang may extra neto espesially sa strings tapos tuner please lahat tayo need natin to pera nalang kung naka evertune bridge ka

salamat sa pag babasa
God bless

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 08:29:52 AM »
Add ko lang din pala, nakita ko kasi yung guitar accessories posted above this. ehehe

Sana kasabay ng magandang pedals, maayos at quality Cables, even patch cables. I've been using DIY cables and patch cables for years bago ako magupdate into Planet Waves cables. Malake yung difference. I'm using planet waves for all my cables but planning to switch to lava patch cable for my pedalboard, pero iniisip ko pa yung reliability nya lalo na at solderless sya..hehe.

A descent gigbag/hardcase will also be part of this. Spending too much on your guitar but not protecting it with a quality case is like allowing your guitar to be borrowed by stranger. Mahirap magtiwala.hahaha I'm using a padded gigbag before, pero bigla ko nakita na may malalim na sugat gitara ko. nagasgasan pala ng zipper from the inside. haha. may time pa na bumagsak ang gigbag tapos nabali yung neck ng gitara. tsk. Kaya ngayon I'm using hardcase for my guitar, then hinihintay ko din dumating mga new stock ng Mono Vertigo. hahaha. for quality protection na din sa mga mahal nating gitara. haha

- Sun Stand Still

Offline lockzackary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 11:11:20 AM »
as much as i would like to contribute, sadly pang acoustic lang ako :) but I guess I can still share my experience on the acoustic side.
APOLOGIES FOR THE HUGE WALL OF TEXT

all guitars i've owned and played on church are yamahas. the first and which lasted me most of my worship-team career was a country jumbo (CJ-10 which is based on its serial number is now 38 years old, pamana lang sakin ng tatay ko). Exactly a year ago I had to force it to retirement kasi it had three or four dead frets already. (still saving up on repairs, i really miss its nostalgic tone) So after that I was finally able to have a 'valid' reason to buy my own guitar (mahirap bumili ng gear talaga pag may asawa na e)
dahil di naman ako ganun ka-knowledgeable pa at the time na bumili ako, i just went to yupangco and tested only those guitars that looked pretty. i saw one with a red burst and the salesman gladly allowed me to test it. i was blown away by the tone so i didn't test another one. bili na agad.

tamang timing din is bago magretire yung previous kong guitar eh nagrerecord na kami for podcast purposes. so i had a very meticulous analysis nung difference nung sound nung dalawang guitar as I get to listen to how the guitars sounded every week's services, I could easily compare and look for difference when I changed strings and other settings.

Background lang dun sa setup nung church:
During sunday services, we are inside a Cinema where the acoustics are really great (carpets, soundproof and all), though we do not use the Cinema's sound system itself, instead we have an attendee who offered his sound system services for us to use weekly - sila yung may hi-end na equipment (think those you hire for battle of the bands, wedding, debut events etc...). All instruments and microphones are lined to a mixer. All instruments pass through a DI so bukod sa AMP, may monitor speakers pa. Separate speakers din yung actual na output nung mixer. MIC'd din yung percussions and drums (siguro apat na mic yung para sa drums)
During midweek services naman, we just use our in-house equipments wherein, vocals pass thru a mixer, the bass has its own amp. Sadly, the lead guitar, keyboards and my acoustic is plugged on one amp :( Yung drums walang mic or any form of amplification.

My acoustic guitars has the following configurations:
The old guitar is all-solid maple body. I used a cheap (500 petot lang ata) soundhole pickup since bata pa ako nung binili ko yung pickup and really had no plans upgrading kasi it works as intended.
The new guitar has an under-saddle piezo pick-up with its own pre-amp, pero all laminate yung body - which i opted for when I replaced my all-solid due to weather conditions.

So based dun sa recordings namin, here are my observations:
1. String gauge and type doesn't contribute much to your tone. Once you are plugged in, it all comes down to how the guitar gets plugged in the mixer and how its equalizers are set.
On stage, the only difference you will easily notice is that the guitar using the soundhole pickup eh mas madaming feedback. On record wether strumming or plucking, different string gauges, brands and type (american bronze, silk and steel, polywebs, nanowebs etc..) have very minimal and indistinguishable effect. Although its clearly obvious kung piezo-type yung guitar pickup or mic. Very 'twangy' yung tunog nung piezo and the soundhole pickup sounds more very natural.

2. AMPS - i am not sure with the reasoning behind it pero our sound system provider used to MIC the amp nung ang gamit ko pang gitara eh ung may soundhole pickup.
When i switch to the one with a pre-amp, diniretso niya na ko sa DI.
I can say that AMPS do contribute largely to your overall tone. I realized this immediately nung naiuwi ko na yung all-laminate na guitar. The moment I plugged it dun sa pang-midweek namin na setup, ibang iba yung tunog dun sa showroom ng yupangco. Maybe sharing an amp with two other instrumentalists takes it toll on the amp, pero bottomline, panget yung tunog nung 20 year old amp.
Sa cinema, medyo na-alleviate kasi dumadaan sa mixer and magaling magtimpla yung sound-tech. Ang prob ko lang eh yung amp na pinapagamit sakin pag sunday eh for electric guitar so di ko gaano ma-appreciate yung tone. Dun kasi sa showroom nung yupangco, acoustic amp talaga and rinig na rinig yung dynamics nung guitar.

3. Regarding the guitar themselves: wala kasi kami aircon sa bahay (which has a very dry atmosphere). I noticed that whenever I bring the old guitar dun sa cinema (na malamig yung aircon) the tunings gain pitch (i find it hard to explain this but i guess the density of the wood is easily affected by temperature, so yung E-standard sa bahay pagdating ko sa cinema eh nagiging almost F [same with all the other 5 strings]). Since wala naman ako tuner pedals or onboard tuner, its really very tiresome to tune down before the service starts (which of course I had to do every week, tapos itataas ko yung tuning paguwi ko sa bahay).
The problem ceased to exist nung nagswitch ako sa all-laminate :)
Pagdating naman sa TONE, all-solid, all-laminate, solid-top - doesn't matter if you are plugged in. Walang distinguishable difference and I doubt if anyone can tell if a guitar is all-solid or all-laminate on any acoustic recording (try mo compare yung ng acoustic songs nila israel houghton & barbie almalbis - the former I'm sure uses a taylor all-solid, while the other uses a DnD class-A all-laminate. Pareho lang na tunog kwerdas ng gitara)
It is very distinguishable though when unplugged. I myself would choose an all-solid guitar over an all-laminate but will disregard a top-only solid. Although the body type will contribute to the overall volume and loudness, iba yung feel ng all-solid guitar. Pag all-solid kasi, pag nagstrum ka, feel mo nagvivibrate yung tunog on your body, it just feels more resonating - i never felt those vibrations sa all-laminate.

So there, if there's anything you need to prioritize pagdating sa ACOUSTIC GUITAR
1. I would suggest invest in an ACOUSTIC AMP if and only if your amp will be your only source of amplification (meaning dun lang sa amp mangagaling yung tunog mo and you're not wired to the mixer which will route your sound around the house)
2. Guitar - high priority. Pag-ipunan ng matindi yung all-solid.
3. Strings - i suggest bumili ka ng elixirs kung pasmado ka. If hindi naman, just avoid Mariposa (and any other cheap brands), mas mapapamahal ka kakabili every week kasi laging napuputol yan. I personally use D'addario Silk and Steel kasi malambot and it gets the job done at half the price ng elixir.

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 03:09:48 PM »
@lockzachary

Nice insight on acoustic side Sir.  :) For me when it comes to acoustic, investing on guitar itself is the most important. A descent acoustic guitar will play and should sound awesome acoustically. Depende ata sa wood, pickups nun. Wala ako masyado alam sa acoustic, pero iba yung tunog talaga ng mga Gibson acoustic compared sa high end series ng Epiphone nung nakapagtry ako sa isang music store. hehe.

Next would be the Strings. Elixirs gamit ko talaga sa acoustic. Using 11s or 12s. Masyado manipis yung tunog ng 10s. So far mas gusto ko mas makapal na gauge kapag acoustic gamit. I'm not using amp, rekta sa mixer eh. hehe. so wala ako comment sa amp pag dating sa acoustic. Siguro kailangan din ng ok ok na DI box and quality cable.  :)

- Sun Stand Still

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 03:12:41 PM »
Btw, wag gumamit ng murang strings! They eat away frets very easily lalo yung mga Snarling Dog. Mapapamura ka nga ng strings, bibilis ka naman magpa-refret.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline kentorres

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 04:14:50 PM »
Wow ang ganda ng mga inputs dito ah! (pasimuna talaga si NTM sa GAS kahit kailan) hehehe!

Nasabi naman na basically yung mga sakin. Pero ang number 1 rule ko sa tone hunting is dapat nakatono at intonated yung guitara. :) walastek!! kahit gaano pa kaganda yung guitar/effects/amp mo, kung wala naman sa tono guitara mo, edi toinks!

God bless you guys!
SOUND GOOD or PLAY GOOD?

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 09:05:05 AM »
Wow ang ganda ng mga inputs dito ah! (pasimuna talaga si NTM sa GAS kahit kailan) hehehe!

Nasabi naman na basically yung mga sakin. Pero ang number 1 rule ko sa tone hunting is dapat nakatono at intonated yung guitara. :) walastek!! kahit gaano pa kaganda yung guitar/effects/amp mo, kung wala naman sa tono guitara mo, edi toinks!

God bless you guys!

hahaha. Di naman ako nagpapasimuno ng GAS, ayoko lang kasi magisa na GAS kaya gusto ko may kasama ako.. hahaha

- Sun Stand Still

Offline itsallintheblues

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 02:05:23 PM »
Guitar - ever since I started, this has been the most important factor in my playing. I've come from lowly guitars to a better (or best, as my finances can allow) guitar. The feel, the tone, and most of all, the confidence of having a nice guitar to express your worship is also a factor.

Amps - Ive used crappy to really great amps, and it's always been something I really work on during sound checks and practices. Even the great amps that I've used still needed tweaking with the EQ's, and etc to make it sound like the tone in my head. I've also used super crappy amps that I just couldnt dial it in, but I've learned to just work around it since that's all I've got. In my opinion, this is also an important factor to get a really nice tone and also to sound good, but if I have an amp, regardless of the quality, and  if it's all I have and under no circumstances I can do anything to make it better, I'll just learn to work around it and live with it and just be grateful. :-)

Pedals - Ive always been a minimalist. I can do away with just a guitar straight to the amp, as I've been doing that when I first started playing, but this is the last thing in my list of priorities. Id rather spend on more guitars than more and more different kinds of OD's which just sounds almost the same and be done with the issue of which has the most transparency, dirt, or whatever differences they might have. Ive spent 2 years with that just an OD and a tuner. and just added a delay recently. I've never had a problem of worshipping with just 2-3 pedals. but if you're after a certain sound and tone of a certain guitarist in a certain song, which you can never really replicate let alone really sound exactly the same, then I guess, its all up to you if you want to go crazy on this. :-)

BUT ABOVE ALL, we are called to be good stewards of our resources and we must not abuse the God-given blessings we receive.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:08:47 PM by itsallintheblues »
You don't choose the guitar, it chooses you.

If at any point in time you cannot afford a particular guitar, don't play it. If it chooses you, you have to buy it.  If you simply can't beg, steal, or borrow, you will eventually die of a broken heart..

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 03:22:23 PM »
Guitar - ever since I started, this has been the most important factor in my playing. I've come from lowly guitars to a better (or best, as my finances can allow) guitar. The feel, the tone, and most of all, the confidence of having a nice guitar to express your worship is also a factor.

Amps - Ive used crappy to really great amps, and it's always been something I really work on during sound checks and practices. Even the great amps that I've used still needed tweaking with the EQ's, and etc to make it sound like the tone in my head. I've also used super crappy amps that I just couldnt dial it in, but I've learned to just work around it since that's all I've got. In my opinion, this is also an important factor to get a really nice tone and also to sound good, but if I have an amp, regardless of the quality, and  if it's all I have and under no circumstances I can do anything to make it better, I'll just learn to work around it and live with it and just be grateful. :-)

Pedals - Ive always been a minimalist. I can do away with just a guitar straight to the amp, as I've been doing that when I first started playing, but this is the last thing in my list of priorities. Id rather spend on more guitars than more and more different kinds of OD's which just sounds almost the same and be done with the issue of which has the most transparency, dirt, or whatever differences they might have. Ive spent 2 years with that just an OD and a tuner. and just added a delay recently. I've never had a problem of worshipping with just 2-3 pedals. but if you're after a certain sound and tone of a certain guitarist in a certain song, which you can never really replicate let alone really sound exactly the same, then I guess, its all up to you if you want to go crazy on this. :-)

BUT ABOVE ALL, we are called to be good stewards of our resources and we must not abuse the God-given blessings we receive.

Well said sir. Lalo dun sa perspective nyo sa pedals.. hehehe. No one can really replicate someone else's tone kahit parehas pa ng pedals gamitin.  :)

- Sun Stand Still

Offline Thesurjen

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 01:52:31 PM »
Wow. This is a nice thread. :)
Saktong sakto, kasi mejo nawala ako sa focus sa pagbili ng gears. Nakajam ko kasi ung mga friends ko galing sa ibang church, tapos syempre nagkwentuhan kame sa gears (GAS!). Ayun, sa haba ng kwentuhan namin ng mga pangarap namin, I went home depressed.haha

At least with this thread, mejo naalala ko ung gear acquisition plan ko. lol

Offline fender101

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 11:11:23 AM »
now-a-days I just sometimes plug my guitar straight to the amp para simple lang :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/don-james-delosreyes

Ref/s: skeletonboy, manok, DevilMay, hahaha!, mawts_gwaps, bwizett, moncseb, Overture, etc...

Offline Kennyadry

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 08:15:34 PM »
Sa aming church ampless :) Direct lahat sa PA. Ayaw kasi ng Pastor at Leaders namin na may volume wars so in that case...I invested more on guitar, effect pedal and a good amp simulating pedal para kahit papano meron pa rin akong feeling of amp na tinutugtugan. My amp is an old Marshal valvestate which I used before sa church but ngayon nasa bahay na lang. Sa ngayon okay tong set-up na to kasi hindi ako nagkaka gas sa amp kasi I would think sa bahay ko lang din magagamit.
"I play the notes as they are written, but it is God who makes the music.”

Offline fender101

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 08:44:52 AM »
Sa aming church ampless :) Direct lahat sa PA. Ayaw kasi ng Pastor at Leaders namin na may volume wars so in that case...I invested more on guitar, effect pedal and a good amp simulating pedal para kahit papano meron pa rin akong feeling of amp na tinutugtugan. My amp is an old Marshal valvestate which I used before sa church but ngayon nasa bahay na lang. Sa ngayon okay tong set-up na to kasi hindi ako nagkaka gas sa amp kasi I would think sa bahay ko lang din magagamit.

Plus dapat invest din sa DI boxes na maganda para di masunog yung PA system  :-D

Ref/s: skeletonboy, manok, DevilMay, hahaha!, mawts_gwaps, bwizett, moncseb, Overture, etc...

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 09:22:40 AM »
'Til now confused parin ako kung anong amp ba maganda gamitin sa church. Though I want to use Tube amp, pero commuter lang naman ako so hassle masyado sa bigat din ng tube amp. Ayoko naman sana iwan yung tube amp sa church kasi nakakatakot baka sino sino lang gumalaw o magbuhat buhat, sensitive tube amp eh.. Pero ganda talaga ng tunog! hahaha. Layo nya sa Solid state.

Pero mukang mas praktikal na SS gamitin kapag gusto mo iwan yung amp sa church.. hehe. Pero bitin nga lang talaga sound mo. haha. Anyway panalo parin talaga amp, mas gumaganda OD's ko kapag Tube amp, nawawala din OD GAS. hahaha.

- Sun Stand Still

Offline fender101

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 04:17:28 PM »
'Til now confused parin ako kung anong amp ba maganda gamitin sa church. Though I want to use Tube amp, pero commuter lang naman ako so hassle masyado sa bigat din ng tube amp. Ayoko naman sana iwan yung tube amp sa church kasi nakakatakot baka sino sino lang gumalaw o magbuhat buhat, sensitive tube amp eh.. Pero ganda talaga ng tunog! hahaha. Layo nya sa Solid state.

Pero mukang mas praktikal na SS gamitin kapag gusto mo iwan yung amp sa church.. hehe. Pero bitin nga lang talaga sound mo. haha. Anyway panalo parin talaga amp, mas gumaganda OD's ko kapag Tube amp, nawawala din OD GAS. hahaha.

try mo modelling amp pero mas mabigat nga lang sa ss yun eh :-o

Offline Kennyadry

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 06:21:44 PM »
Plus dapat invest din sa DI boxes na maganda para di masunog yung PA system  :-D

Agree bro,.for now mga direct boxes namin ay behringer. Ok din naman :)

Offline fender101

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 07:20:14 PM »
Agree bro,.for now mga direct boxes namin ay behringer. Ok din naman :)

Okay naman mga DI boxes ng behringer. ako gamit ko sa church yung UMIC200 nila pag naka direct to PA ako :-D

Offline blueberry

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 11:50:53 PM »
DECENT GUITAR - with good sounding PUPs and strings
CABLES
PEDALS
AMP (TUBE AMP IF EVER )  :)

Offline Kennyadry

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 11:56:55 PM »
Okay naman mga DI boxes ng behringer. ako gamit ko sa church yung UMIC200 nila pag naka direct to PA ako :-D

Ok na ok to bro!!

Offline chernandez1

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2015, 12:31:09 AM »
http://realworldworship.org/2012/12/14/the-electric-setting-up-a-guitar-rig-for-worship-part-1-starting-out-or-stepping-up/

I really like how the author present it on this 5 part blog posts. Check this out guys.
If there are encounters, there are partings as well