hulika

Author Topic: Custom "Hybrid" Bridge  (Read 856 times)

Offline FollowTheReaper

• Veteran Member
Custom "Hybrid" Bridge
« on: February 28, 2013, 11:35:38 AM »
Has anyone seen this type of bridge set-up before? A combination of floating and fixed?

I've always wondered if it would be stable/practical/smart to have this kind of set-up.

Come to think of it, this should be easier to tune and configure since only 6 strings are floating, and the rest are fixed.

I had planned to have an custom 8 stringer made with this kind of set-up, but sadly it did not push through. Though the guitar maker that I talked to (shutterbugjohn) about the project showed a lot of interest in experimenting/trying to make something like this.

Your thoughts? :-D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:00:06 PM by FollowTheReaper »
Music Educator

Online lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Custom "Hybrid" Bridge
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »
UY! MAY GUMAWA NUNG DRAWING KO DATI! :razz:

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 11:54:29 AM »
ayos yan for those who're always changing the tuning for the lower strings. tuning should be the same as one on the floating bridge since the bottom 2 strings are the only ones that appear to be fixed.

but damn that fretboard. sobrang kinis unlike most fretless ones i've seen na kahoy kung kahoy!  :cool:
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline FollowTheReaper

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 12:07:48 PM »
UY! MAY GUMAWA NUNG DRAWING KO DATI! :razz:

Hahah diba I consulted you about this back when I was planning to have one made.. you made the drawing for me (to address the stability issues). I linked to you this picture to show that it is possible. :lol:

ayos yan for those who're always changing the tuning for the lower strings. tuning should be the same as one on the floating bridge since the bottom 2 strings are the only ones that appear to be fixed.

but damn that fretboard. sobrang kinis unlike most fretless ones i've seen na kahoy kung kahoy!  :cool:

This is actually for people who need an 8 string guitar with a floating bridge. So far, I've only seen one 8 stringer that is equipped with a floating bridge (Schecter Hellraiser C-8 FR at $999) but I'm sure it is gonna be a pain (to most) to tune/maintain since all 8 strings are floating. :-(
Music Educator

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 12:12:41 PM »
^ six strings nga minsan pain-in-the-hiney na i-tune and keep in tune, 8 pa kaya!  :eek:

pero ang ganda ng gitara na yan sir, and the idea is totally there  :cool:
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com