hulika

Author Topic: Eb and other tunings  (Read 2771 times)

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
Re: Eb and other tunings
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 08:43:33 AM »
It's better to just have guitars that are set for certain tunings though. :-D it is gonna be expensive if it's that way, having different guitars for different tunings so if you're gonna write songs, stay with just one tuning as much as possible :lol:
Part of the Jackson Bloodline

Offline matthewpark

• Netizen Level
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 11:57:16 AM »
ung iba ang ginagawa, gingroup nila ung songs sa setlist nila depending on their tuning para hindi pabago bago, or ung iba 2 guitars ang dala

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 05:03:24 PM »
thanks for the replies philmusic guys, its good to know some people tuned their guitar in variety of ways. I am just a self taught guitarist nothing more than chords, tabs and others. Its just now that I started learning theories (self taught actually) and id like to know if its bad learning guitar theories in Eb, will it affect my learning? Or will I tune it to standard while learning guitar stuffs. Also thanks for posting open tunings here and stuff I will try those.

Offline kelen

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 07:06:15 PM »
I used to tune standard Eb way back in hs (when I was covering iced earth's songs). Since di floyd yung mga guitara ko, madali ako nakakapagshift ng tuning. madalas kong tuning is standard e and standard d (death)

Offline af_villaruel

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2010, 11:51:49 PM »
Just recently I had a gig where I tuned the guitar D G C F A D. Acoustic. Switched to gauge 12s to compensate for the looseness of the strings.

Offline audio deft

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 09:47:58 PM »
Just recently I had a gig where I tuned the guitar D G C F A D. Acoustic. Switched to gauge 12s to compensate for the looseness of the strings.

what is an ideal set up of an electric guitar, from the strings to the pick ups, etc, for let's say an open d tuning? or open g tuning?