hulika

Author Topic: Rock Variety Band looking for Male Vocalist  (Read 1101 times)

Offline pep14

• Netizen Level
Rock Variety Band looking for Male Vocalist
« on: September 06, 2013, 05:52:07 AM »
Hi,

We're THE WILD KAHUNAS and we're looking for a male vocalist/ sessionista to help us out with an upcoming show in October. Meron na kaming original singer but he needs help para di malaspag masyado ang boses nya hehe. We're scheduled to play a very long set next month (mid-Oct). Audition starts on Sept 21 til end of the month.

Katuwaan lang po, most of the time we do it for charity but sometimes we get reasonable accommodations too even if we're not compensated with cash.  We're just a bunch of amateur musicians from different call center companies in our late 20's, early 30's, to mid 40's and we just love to perform to unwind and have fun. We get regular gigs too, mostly from indie prods and house parties as a rock variety cover band and here's our repertoire:

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Guns N' Roses, Oasis, Pearl Jam, Creed, Bamboo, STP, and anything Grunge, Pinoy Rock, OPM alternatib rock, New Wave, Classic Rock, 90's, 80's, etc.

Please click on the links to view us in action:

Please "Like" us on FB: https://www.facebook.com/wildkahunas

We're located in the Pasig-Cainta area but some of us live also in the South (Paranaque - Laguna areas).

Anyone from the same areas or nearby are welcome to check us out and jam. Here's a brief overview of what to expect:

1) Sets of 2 with over 60 songs to play. (complete set list will be sent to interested parties)
2) Out-of-town gig by the beach.
3) Possible 2-3 days stay in a classy resort.  (sponsorship/ accommodation setup will be discussed after audition)
4) We're a fun band on and off the stage, anything goes, sometimes we do medleys, improvisations, etc. We have 2 awesome lead guitar players, a multi-talented singer and rhythm guitarist, a crazy bassist, and 2 wild drummers... expect the unexpected.
5) We're a bunch of comedians too, and we love to make fun of each other, and we love to eat and DRINK a lot.

Pls. PM me (Pepper) or text 0922.216.0411

Thanks, and good luck!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 06:19:34 AM by pep14 »
"the truth is absolution!"

Offline kurtp024

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Rock Variety Band looking for Male Vocalist
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 11:18:05 AM »
Sir good morning. i read your post and hopefully maka audition  ako for your band
my name is kurt  25 from qc area..
thanks

demo
https://soundcloud.com/kurt-pastorfide

Offline pep14

• Netizen Level
Re: Rock Variety Band looking for Male Vocalist
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 06:15:27 AM »
Hello Sir,

Saw your demo. sounds cool and promising. We'd like to get to know you better. Let's stay in touch. My number is 09222160411. We might have practice sessions this weekend or the next. Hopefully you could join us.

Please let us know where you'll be coming from so we could arrange a meet-up on the day of the practice.

Also, please 'Like' our FB Page:

https://www.facebook.com/wildkahunas

As for the repertoire of songs, please rehearse the following:

1) Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way?
2) Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
3) Bamboo - Hallelujah
4) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
5) The Knack - My Sharona

Regards,

Pepper
"the truth is absolution!"