hulika

Author Topic: TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE..L.A 105 BANDS...NASAAN NA CLA NGAUN!!!!!  (Read 5255 times)

Offline makhulhitz

TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE..L.A 105 BANDS...NASAAN NA CLA NGAUN!!!!!
« on: February 18, 2010, 06:56:56 PM »
first time ko mag tanong sa mga ka forumites,saan na nga ba ang mga old schol na L.A 105 bands..to name a few of them...public menace ...(yosi kadiri ,estudyante fame) ..mark recto the guitarist working sya sa san miguel beer,norman and cocoy sto domingo, bass and drums respectively out of the country cla with a band named coed lisa..tribal fish ..no need para sa introduction c bulet nasa baguio enjoying a married life via ron ruiz(feet like fins fame) c taweng nasa u.s with family na rin,at c toks toquero working somewhere sa makati..dominus cross karahasan fame...jojo the guitarist is currently in a jazz band,denz nasa showband din,same with allan the bassman,carlo the drummer is in the u.s of a..norman is in angeles city pampanga working at a company at the same time road manager of hard hitting metal act d2nation...kau lam ba ninyo kung nasaan na yung mga iba.............tira na                                                           
ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE..L.A 105 BANDS...NASAAN NA CLA NGAUN!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 08:06:27 AM »
nice info on these former LA 105.9 stalwarts, pero may thread nang ganito...dedicated to LA 105.9 bands as well...  (and if i may add, mr. TS, bawal textspeak sa PM...  :-) )

anyway, here are my contributions to LA 105's "where are they now"...

Alex Gamboa (Euthanasia vocalist) - small world indeed.  his younger sister is my girlfriend's best friend from grade school days onwards.  as per alex's sister, he's a full-time family man now, working in the construction business and as far removed from the rock 'n' roll lifestyle as you can get.

Monjo Balinghasay and Paul Lacsamana (Bonehead - lead guitarist and drummer respectively) - parehong mga piloto sa PAL.  i would say retired na sa pagtutugtog.

Rexy Valencia and Mike Sandifer (Bliss - vox/guitarist and drummer respectively) - now with the band Head, a post-grunge band whose song "Filipina" is getting a bit of exposure...

Paolo and Poch Angeles (One Payat) - now with the Bernadettes, of "Let's Make Babies" fame...

Ponchie Buenavista and Ross Pleyto (Pedro's Cannabis) - now with Encounters With a Yeti.

George Aquilizan (Erectus/Elastic Fantastic) - as of 2002-04, nasa C-Cubed siya, which became HTMT, which became HGSL.  i don't think active siya sa pagbabanda at that time.  i remember my account's team beating his account in our yearly basketball tournament...and exchanging post-game handshakes.  parehong nasa bottom half ng standings yung mga account namin...  :lol:

...with the exception of one payat, these are all where-are-they-now's from la salle/csb's bands who got LA 105.9 exposure.  looking forward to more contributions!   :-D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 06:21:47 PM by Endshiftresign! »
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 09:45:33 AM »
...and how could i forget these other LA 105.9 mainstays whom i've encountered recently...

PM forumite chito_eoi is the former guitarist of Edge Of Illusion.   :-D  last time i saw him was at PM's Carbon Nights, with the Emogeeks...

and former Backdraft vocalist Benedict Versoza now sings lead for Virgin Hunters, featuring PM forumite vhunter (na naging classmate ko nung college).  twice naming nakasabay nung '90s Night sa mag.net Katipunan...only band to focus on '90s-influenced originals rather than covers...
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline e-leg

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 10:53:58 AM »
well, si george aquilizan (vocalist-erectus) officemate ko. he's a supervisor....
si john carpio( drummer-tame the tikbalang) at one time naging ka-officemate din namin. bumuo sila ni george ng shortlived band sa office (masterbeat)...they joined and won 2nd place sa CCAP inter call center bandfest last 2007! :-D
"drink life as it comes. straight no chaser"

Offline jaythang

• Netizen Level
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 04:34:22 PM »
first time ko mag tanong sa mga ka forumites,saan na nga ba ang mga old schol na L.A 105 bands..to name a few of them...public menace ...(yosi kadiri [/b],estudyante fame) ..mark recto the guitarist working sya sa san miguel beer,norman and cocoy sto domingo, bass and drums respectively out of the country cla with a band named coed lisa..tribal fish ..no need para sa introduction c bulet nasa baguio enjoying a married life via ron ruiz(feet like fins fame) c taweng nasa u.s with family na rin,at c toks toquero working somewhere sa makati..dominus cross karahasan fame...jojo the guitarist is currently in a jazz band,denz nasa showband din,same with allan the bassman,carlo the drummer is in the u.s of a..norman is in angeles city pampanga working at a company at the same time road manager of hard hitting metal act d2nation...kau lam ba ninyo kung nasaan na yung mga iba.............tira na                                                           

public menace [/color]...(yosi kadiri merong kang kanta nito?
Pahinging Mp3 ng Public Menace - Posporo

Offline sOnicmArk

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 11:36:09 AM »
rogel de la cruz of urban bandits (no future sa pader) now works as a graphic artist at GMA7's unang hirit

Offline Wasteland Souljah

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 07:20:48 AM »
 :cool: any updates kung saan na si Toks Toquero ng Tribal Fish ?

Offline cAmf

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 04:41:41 AM »
Philvio nakasabay na namin tumugtog twice sa RMD productions.. rakenrol parin sila!