hulika

Author Topic: xenyx 1002fx mic level input as line level input  (Read 1737 times)

Offline olaop

• Philmusicus Noobitus
xenyx 1002fx mic level input as line level input
« on: January 23, 2009, 09:41:11 AM »
is it possible that im am going to use the two mic input (line1 and line2) connected to my dvd player . para magamit ko ko yung low mid high eq/ coz if im going to use line input 3-10 wala kasi control for eq. a very noob question please give some advised. im planning to change it to 1204fx para may eq for line input. pero maxaxo mahal. kaya im asking if possible to connect my dvd player to the mic input and if may effect coz mono signal yung mic . can i separate the left and the right signal to have stereo output. thanks noob pa ako . kakabli ko lang yesterday yung mixer

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: xenyx 1002fx mic level input as line level input
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 09:47:24 AM »
Pan it to left and right. Then about the input, make it UNBALANCED ( short the XLR pins 1 and 3, connect it to the sleeve ( GRND ) of your RCA Cable. Pin 2 is the HOT.
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

https://www.facebook.com/allenvcpascua

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 12:24:01 PM »
bad idea.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline olaop

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 01:16:55 PM »
any good idea sir? or it is not a good idea to use my 2 mic input as line level input? all i want is to make my dvd player to pass through my low mid high EQ to have some highs and lows. if it not advisable to do that idea . then ill stick my dvd player
connected to line level input. thanks for the replies

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 11:36:43 PM »
any good idea sir? or it is not a good idea to use my 2 mic input as line level input? all i want is to make my dvd player to pass through my low mid high EQ to have some highs and lows. if it not advisable to do that idea . then ill stick my dvd player
connected to line level input. thanks for the replies

Yeah medyo rude pala sagot ko. I must have been in a hurry.

Putting line level inputs into mic inputs is a bad idea from an electrical standpoint, even if you get the 2-1 combination right, you're still dealing with different voltage, current and ultimately impedance levels. which is to say, they're not meant for each other.

If you want to pass your line-level signals into your 1002, use the stereo inputs . These are the PL plugs located to the right of the microphone inputs. Just use PL stereo to RCA adaptors to get your DVD (RCA) signals into your 1002.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 01:34:31 AM »
try mo pa rin. no harm. it works fine. ( pag may umusok, may mali.... ) but why use the XLR eh may PL naman below it? --- i just checked the photo and seen it...
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

https://www.facebook.com/allenvcpascua

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 02:43:40 PM »
try mo pa rin. no harm. it works fine.

Unless you inadvertently crank up the gain and blow up your speakers in the process. It's also very easy to distort mic inputs using line level signals.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline olaop

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 08:28:31 PM »
thanks for the inputs i tried connecting to mic inputs and i panned it to left and the other is to the right it sounds good because it passes through low mid high EQ . it sounds good when listen at low volume but when i try to increase the vloume it gets distorted so i preferred to use stereo inputs from line3 to line10 / mas clear ang sounds kapg sa stereo inputs talaga . mas malakas nga lang ang base or woofer kapag nasa mic inputs mas extended ang low sound . thanks for the inputs . ill stick sa stereo inputs sir . BTW im using rca to to TS connector ung parang mic connector na mono.. same din ba sila ng PL connector .   basta rca tapos ung other end nia is parang mic connector para maisalpak ko sa mixer ko . im using now line 5/6 dun nakakabit yung dvd ko with rca adapter going to the mixer . PL and TS is the same ba? sori noob pa talaga ako/ im using B3 u15a nga pala na speaker