Tech Forums > The Photography Forum

POST PROCESSING/PHOTOGRAPHY TUTORIALS

(1/29) > >>

gainsucker:
SELECTIVE COLORING 101

In Adobe Photoshop

Open the image you want to work on.
In the toolbar, Image/Adjustment/Desaturate (or shift+ctrl+U).
This should make your image black & white, then
Select the History Brush tool.

You will need to alter the brush size to the size required to work on the area, where you want to restore colour. This can be done by selecting the down arrow (by the History Brush icon on the tool bar).
It is better if you set the "Hardness" to 100%.

Use your "Magnifying glass" tool to zoom in to achieve best results.

Another way:
Using your "Magic Wand" tool select an area you want to convert to black & white, then press shift+ctrl+U. You can keep doing this until you have achieved your aim. This is sometimes the easiest way if there is lots of detail in your coloured item.

Sample:  :-D

Obey your thirst...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reverse_projection/4255029136/

badongrodrigs:
cool. :)

when using Photoshop, i have a personal rule that i don't mess with the base photo (in the background layer), so i could always go back to Step 1 if i wanted.

the simpler version would be to duplicate the layer (Shift + J), desaturate the new layer, then erase the unwanted parts in the B/W layer to reveal the color underneath! :)

but, whatever works. hehe

gainsucker:

--- Quote from: badongrodrigs on January 11, 2010, 12:21:01 AM ---cool. :)

when using Photoshop, i have a personal rule that i don't mess with the base photo (in the background layer), so i could always go back to Step 1 if i wanted.

the simpler version would be to duplicate the layer (Shift + J), desaturate the new layer, then erase the unwanted parts in the B/W layer to reveal the color underneath! :)

but, whatever works. hehe

--- End quote ---

great point bro... sana dumami tambay dito... patay ang forum eh...  :-(

badongrodrigs:

--- Quote from: gainsucker on January 11, 2010, 01:29:52 AM ---great point bro... sana dumami tambay dito... patay ang forum eh...  :-(

--- End quote ---

yep, maybe there's too much diversity. i mean, it's music forum, with a photography forum, with a relationships forum, with a health & fitness forum, (get the drift? hehe)

michiko.airashii:
Will ask Kulas to sticky the thread. Gainsucker, would you mind changing the title to Post Processing Tutorials instead or something relevant?

Keep the tutorials coming! I NEED IT!  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version