hulika

Author Topic: Ochanomizu, Tokyo - My Personal "Pilgrimage" (WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES)  (Read 30318 times)

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Ochanomizu, Tokyo - My Personal "Pilgrimage" (WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES)
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2015, 12:51:42 PM »
parang mag kaiba naman ang topic ng acquisition of gears vs wanting to pay for live shows/albums.

kung yan ang logic mo.

parang ganito yan, people dont go to shows since its not practical and not in their priorities. hence they wont go unless free. di naman basic need e. which is still boils down to not having enough means or money.

i will not debate on you that, masyado lang malayo punto mo. and yes i dont go to concerts and shows often since i find it pricey and not my priority. case in point, di pa ako nakakapanuod ng mga major acts sa summer slam kahit na ilan sa kanila idol ko. wala e, makikinig na lang ako or manunuod ng local acts na magaling din.

ditto with not buying an artists album, kasi may cheaper alternative.

hmm. may pattern di ba? pinoys go for cheaper alternatives. bakit kaya?

kasi wala masyadong purchasing power.

kaya nga pag may mga clones, jap copies which are of the same quality like the original, we buy it. kasi nga its the only way we can get better instruments.

simply put, kung may kaya lang ang pinoy, makakabili sya ng gamit nya na maganda. gitara man yan o wala. hanggat hindi, we are stuck with just buying whatever our means can get us. bow.

I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2015, 03:11:47 PM »
saw this video from pete thorn...

doh!!!

Offline iyzburg

« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2015, 03:52:11 PM »
Hmmm.. So, sa Japan kaya, people would pay prime to go the show of their musicians? Or pati Singapore..

I had the hang of checking out Lee Kuan Yew a couple of days ago, how he managed to get his country from "Third World to First", and I've seen how many see him as a successful and pragmatic leader, while some see him as a Machiavellian, Iron-willed Honcho who pulverized those who stood against his way and purpose (which still is, a successful Singapore)..

Though I know that google free stuff is sort of myopic, searches show Mr. Lee molded, refocused, controlled, and led the thinking of most of his people. From education to what not, his government had its way.. Kaya ayun daw, citizens are really focused on the improvement of the country, kaya largely weeded out ang corruption, etc. Some google result says Mr. Lee did not believe that individual rights has precedence over national welfare..

So, back to discussion trend. So, people in rich countries do support their artist? Would paying for their shows and albums go along their priorites (I'm borrowing bakit?'s terms), personal and national?
Deut 11:13 ...love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul...

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2019, 04:33:15 PM »
finally did my pilgrimage as well...

wuhoo! lots of choices...prices ..well..same same with prices anywhere... just had fun looking around..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2019, 02:36:40 PM »
Will be going there end of the month. Subukan ko magbenta ng pedals doon. :))
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...