1 (25%)
Half-Life 2: Orange Box
1 (25%)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
0 (0%)
Call Of Duty  4: Modern Warfare
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Finally getting a PS3, need some help on which games I should get....  (Read 5272 times)

Offline Pfizer

• Forum Fanatic
Ei guys, konting tulong naman. We're finally getting a PS3 and we have room for one more game. We're already decided on getting Devil May Cry 4 and Ratchet & Clank Future.

Here's the list:

- Ninja Gaiden Sigma
- Half-Life 2: The Orange Box
- Uncharted:Drake's Fortune
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

I'd like a game that's fun and has good longevity kasi nga wala pang pirated na PS3 kaya dapat sulit lahat ng games  8-) I also play mostly by myself kaya dapat may karne yung single-player experience....

Hurry and vote!  :-D

Offline Chopstix

Re: Finally getting a PS3, need some help on which games I should get....
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 10:51:20 AM »
if you can play online, syempre games like hl2, cod4 ang best buy.
pero kung d kaya online, astig yung ninja gaiden sigma or devil may cry.

you may also want to consider assassin's creed, hanep tong game na to. :-)

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 03:18:10 PM »
call of duty pare.

have you bought an HDtv along with the PS3?

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 06:30:28 PM »
Nakakaadik daw assasin's creed

Offline Pfizer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 09:16:27 PM »
call of duty pare.

have you bought an HDtv along with the PS3?

Hindi muna kasi di na kasya sa bahay  :-P Yung COD4 ba, maganda yung single-player n'un? A lot of FPS focus quite a bit more on the multi-player aspect, except maybe for Half-Life and Halo which both have lengthy single-player campaigns. Ayaw ko lang sa Half-Life 2, andaming glitches at bugs daw yung PS3 version.

Nakakaadik daw assasin's creed

Yeah, I tried it but it seems a bit too "choreographed" in my opinion, more like an interactive movie than a true game, a bit like Prince Of Persia. It's kinda slow too compared to DMC4 and Ninja Gaiden. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic game but it's just not for me.

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 09:39:56 PM »
COD4 i think best excels in the multiplayer mode, although fun din siya sa single player; not sure if it's worth it at 3k though.

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 02:57:02 PM »
CoD4 man. Take it from me. I finished the single player in a few days, and I've been playing online multiplayer for 2 months now. Dami naglalarong pinoy.  :-) Level 54 na din ako sa 2nd prestige  :-) Problem is P2P lang, no dedicated servers so pag natiyempo ka sa US or European Servers, then you'll have to deal with latency issues. But you'll find Asian / Australian servers every once in a while. Minsan din nakakatiyempo kami na kami ang naghohost :)
 The Orange box naman, konti lang naglalaro online if that's what you're after. If you want another shooter, go with Unreal Tournament 3  :-)

But it depends on what you really want.
Uncharted is also a must-have. Medyo maiksi lang but ang sarap ulit-ulitin.
Best graphics on the PS3 to date. And it isn't just eye-candy, the game totally rocks.
And you can't go wrong with your choice of Ratchet & Clank. Sarap nun!
Only played the demo of Sigma and I felt that it played too much like Onimusha. You might also want to take a look at Heavenly Sword, although it's way too short. I heard SKATE is also good, and eats all tony hawk games alive.
But please avoid LAIR at all costs.  :lol:

Assassin's creed is too repetitive. Although natapos ko na, nagsawa ako after the 3rd assassination target  :|

And just wait dahil this year lalabas ang AAA games.
GTAIV, MGS 4, Gran Turismo 5, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, Resistance 2 etc.
others worthy of your attention:
Dark Sector, White Knight Story, Haze, Viking, Rock Band, etc.

:-)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 03:06:37 PM by calvs »
esoteric; alternative rock-gazer: http://cerealbus.multiply.com/
FS:http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,216015.0.html

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 03:18:08 PM »
Wala sa choices yung gusto ko i-recommend.  :-)

Tekken 6 sana.  :-)
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline Pfizer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 08:56:08 PM »
CoD4 man. Take it from me. I finished the single player in a few days, and I've been playing online multiplayer for 2 months now. Dami naglalarong pinoy.  :-) Level 54 na din ako sa 2nd prestige  :-) Problem is P2P lang, no dedicated servers so pag natiyempo ka sa US or European Servers, then you'll have to deal with latency issues. But you'll find Asian / Australian servers every once in a while. Minsan din nakakatiyempo kami na kami ang naghohost :)
 The Orange box naman, konti lang naglalaro online if that's what you're after. If you want another shooter, go with Unreal Tournament 3  :-)

But it depends on what you really want.
Uncharted is also a must-have. Medyo maiksi lang but ang sarap ulit-ulitin.
Best graphics on the PS3 to date. And it isn't just eye-candy, the game totally rocks.
And you can't go wrong with your choice of Ratchet & Clank. Sarap nun!
Only played the demo of Sigma and I felt that it played too much like Onimusha. You might also want to take a look at Heavenly Sword, although it's way too short. I heard SKATE is also good, and eats all tony hawk games alive.
But please avoid LAIR at all costs.  :lol:

Assassin's creed is too repetitive. Although natapos ko na, nagsawa ako after the 3rd assassination target  :|

And just wait dahil this year lalabas ang AAA games.
GTAIV, MGS 4, Gran Turismo 5, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, Resistance 2 etc.
others worthy of your attention:
Dark Sector, White Knight Story, Haze, Viking, Rock Band, etc.

:-)

Yeah, this is going to be the PS3's year talaga. I'm particularly excited for MGS4 and Resident Evil 4. :-D

Guys, baka hintayin ko na muna lumabas yung ibang maganda. Army Of Two and Dark Sector both look pretty cool and they are being released on March 4 and March 13, respectively. Another cool game is Prototype although that last one is something my brother would enjoy more since he's a big fan of The Hulk and he enjoyed Hulk:Ultimate Destruction.

I really think that Dark Sector and Army Of Two may enough to fill void left by Gears Of War's XBox exclusivity  :cry:

Tanong ko lang po sir, how do you set up the PS3 so you can play online with it? Detailed instructions if you please.... :wink:

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 09:44:41 AM »
Yeah, this is going to be the PS3's year talaga. I'm particularly excited for MGS4 and Resident Evil 4. :-D

Guys, baka hintayin ko na muna lumabas yung ibang maganda. Army Of Two and Dark Sector both look pretty cool and they are being released on March 4 and March 13, respectively. Another cool game is Prototype although that last one is something my brother would enjoy more since he's a big fan of The Hulk and he enjoyed Hulk:Ultimate Destruction.

I really think that Dark Sector and Army Of Two may enough to fill void left by Gears Of War's XBox exclusivity  :cry:

Tanong ko lang po sir, how do you set up the PS3 so you can play online with it? Detailed instructions if you please.... :wink:

PM me or email me if you want to get games cheaper. I have a friend who also supplies games for other gamers and he delivers it to my doorstep for free  :wink: (depends on your area, though) I just placed my order for Army of Two from him, and my copy will be arriving on march12.

Playing online? If you're familiar with how to set-up the PSP's wi-fi capabilities then it's pretty much the same. The PS3 also has an XMB interface when you boot it up. Go to 'Network Settings' and you can just go and set up there.
Generally, you'll be asked if you're connected via cable or WiFi.
In my case, we have a wireless router connected to our DSL cable at home so I selected WiFi. Then I just set everything to 'Automatic'  :lol: and it works fine  :-)

You might want to look around
http://pinoypsx.com/
I've been pretty active there as well   :-)

Offline Pfizer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 12:53:23 PM »
Thanks for your help :-D

We already have a wireless router (Linksys) on our PC and it allows me to connect to the Internet via a laptop in another room. Is that what you're talking about? Do I just set-up the PS3, no special cables for Internet to be connected to our phone lines or anything?

As for the games, I'll PM you as soon as the reviews come out  :-) Siyempre, dapat sigurado munang maganda yung game, or else sayang ang pera  :-P

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 01:17:22 PM »
Thanks for your help :-D

We already have a wireless router (Linksys) on our PC and it allows me to connect to the Internet via a laptop in another room. Is that what you're talking about? Do I just set-up the PS3, no special cables for Internet to be connected to our phone lines or anything?

Yup, that's it.  :-)
Linkysys din yung sa amin.  :-) Just assign a WEP key to your PS3 and you're good to go (if your router is secured) :-) If you don't have any security settings on your wireless router, then all you have to do is set your connection on the PS3 to "wireless" then it will scan your signal automatically. All you have to do is follow the prompts. Nothing to it, really  :-)
20GB PS3 models don't have WiFi capabilities, so be sure to get the 40, 60 or 80GB version  :-)
I have the 40GB version, and it's basically a stripped down version of the 60/80GB versions of the PS3;
no PS2 backwards compatibility, no card readers and only 2 USB ports.
---but I have a PS2 which I still use to play my "copied" PS2 games and I don't need the card readers since I can just plug a USB flash disk or external hard disk and transfer files there  :-) If ever you're going to need more than 2 USB ports (if you're going to have a keyboard, mouse and external HD, for example), you can just purchase a 2.0 USB hub from CD-R king which will only cost you like 150Php. so 40GB is just fine with me  :-)
Although you can get a 20GB version, and then purchase a USB wiFi receiver separately. I -heard- that that also works. If you need the extra HD space to store your media or games that you have purchased/demos that you've downloaded from the PSN store, you can upgrade it manually by replacing PS3's HD with a notebook HD. Seagate works best from what I've heard  :-) I've already downloaded like 40 demos  :-o

Good luck man!  :-)

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 04:04:13 PM »

Offline Pfizer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 10:33:47 PM »
Ei guys, up ko lang  :lol:

Tanong ko lang kung maganda din ba yung Rock Band. A lot of people say it's better than Guitar Hero, at least in a broader sense since it features different instruments to play. Also, it basically teaches you how to actually play the drums  :-D The guitar parts aren't as emphasized as the GH games since the music focuses more on getting the groove on with your "band".

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 11:42:40 PM »
spending almost 3k to play fake virtual drums and guitars in PS3? LOL

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 10:34:24 AM »
^ actually 11.5K yung buong set sa datablitz  :-o

... and i got one last christmas din dahil sa bonus. haha  :-D umm, after band practice eto pinagt-trip an namin ng bandmates ko! and it's great kasi my fiance loves to sing so we actually play this together a lot!  :-)  :-)ven my sister and brother in law come over to play this  :-) sulit talaga  :-D

it's a lot of fun actually. talagang natuto ako mag-drums dahil dito.
right now i can expert most of the songs :)
and every week i download the additional songs :) out of the box, the game comes with 58 songs (you have to unlock them first though) but i actually have 117 songs in my PS3 right now  :-) check out the full list of songs in wiki  :-)

pfizer, overall mas mahirap yung guitar parts ng guitar hero, although there are some killer songs like "Green grass and high tides" by the outlaws, and the downloadable ones like the Metallica pack's "and justice for all, blackened" etc  :-)

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 10:44:39 AM »
strange, di lumitaw reply ko... repost:

^ actually 11.5K yung buong set sa datablitz  :-o

... and i got one last christmas din dahil sa bonus. haha  :-D umm, after band practice eto pinagt-trip

an namin ng bandmates ko! and it's great kasi my fiance loves to sing so we actually play this together a

lot!  :-)  :-)ven my sister and brother in law come over to play this  :-) sulit talaga  :-D

it's a lot of fun actually. talagang natuto ako mag-drums dahil dito.
right now i can expert most of the songs :)
and every week i download the additional songs :) out of the box, the game comes with 58 songs (you have

to unlock them first though) but i actually have 117 songs in my PS3 right now  :-) check out the full

list of songs in wiki  :-)

pfizer, overall mas mahirap yung guitar parts ng guitar hero, although there are some killer songs like

"Green grass and high tides" by the outlaws, and the downloadable ones like the Metallica pack's "and

justice for all, blackened" etc  :-)

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 11:59:32 PM »
well, i guess you can dunk the ball when you're tall enough to do it. hehe

Offline Pfizer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 06:34:19 PM »
Up  :-D

Tanong ko lang ulit, do I need to attach a USB Network Adapter to one of the PS3's USB ports or is it already built-in with the 80 GB models? I really want to play Call Of Duty and Army Of Two with a real person, instead of the AI or split-screen....

In other news, ganda ng graphics talaga  :-D Mukha nang Pixar movie yung Ratchet and Clank eh!

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 03:12:55 AM »
In other news, ganda ng graphics talaga  :-D Mukha nang Pixar movie yung Ratchet and Clank eh!

wait till you get an HDTv. :)

Offline Chopstix

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 09:46:46 AM »
Up  :-D

Tanong ko lang ulit, do I need to attach a USB Network Adapter to one of the PS3's USB ports or is it already built-in with the 80 GB models? I really want to play Call Of Duty and Army Of Two with a real person, instead of the AI or split-screen....

d mo na kelangan. built it yung wireless sa 80gb model

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 07:52:22 AM »
^ yup. 20GB lang yung hindi wi-fi ready :) the rest (40, 60, 80) pwede

Offline Pfizer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 06:35:57 PM »
Hey guys, need some help yet again  :-D

I finally got our PS3 to connect to the Internet after I set the connection to Wireless. Problem is creating an account so I can access the PS Network. There is no option for the Philippines in the information entry and the home address to be entered has to be a valid one. Paano na?

Offline Speed_Kills

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 06:55:30 PM »
antayin mo yung gta 4...maganda yun..  :mrgreen:
http://www.gta4.net/trailers/
april 29

Offline Pfizer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 10:43:56 PM »
 :lol: nice avatar

Not really fan of sandbox-style games or GTA in particular. I'm more of a straight-forward action kinda guy.

Di pa rin ako makagawa ng account....patulong naman po please.....