hulika

Author Topic: will the real mister BB king pls stand up? pls stand up? pls stand up?  (Read 3411 times)

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
what's a jazz and blues forum without a BB king thread?

i'd say he's a big influence on guitar players in general and blues guitarists in particular......some might say he's also a big influence on blues singers too.

i think he's the bomb! if it weren't for him, no guitar player would ever bend a string....... we would all still be trying to get that slide mastered...some individuals, like poor little me, would fail miserably at slide :-D

so a salute to a father to us all...

all hail the king of BLUES guitar! all hail mister BB KING

hip hip hooray!
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus

im sure some of you guys have watched this.....

it's john mayer jamming with the great BB King.

my first BB encounter was when i was really young and i see a bb selection in my uncle's 'cassette' collection. heard 3 o clock blues(tama ba?) thrill is gone and sweet lil angel...

i felt like i was going to church!

then when i became a teenager in HS....ang uso noon ay new wave...so nakikinig ako ng U2 noon. they came out with rattle and hum, and they had BB guest on a song..."when love came to town"

there was also a time when bb king was a guest on the cosby show....syempre he played the blues...and you never forget something like that.

1986 he even won a grammy for a song that has the line "that's why my guitar sings the blues"
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline scofield

• Forum Fanatic
he's very flexible, he has released jazz albums like his tribute to louis jordan and his live albums are fantastic

Offline rjtorres

• Forum Fanatic
BB King was my first blues teacher.  :-D

I did a lot of listening and watching of BB king to learn the blues; and though he's not really a blow-out-of-my-mind-solos kind of guy, his music really shows what blues is all about.

Come to think of it, why don't I play my records of BB King now..

:-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
+100 Jon!  BB was a big infuence on my guitar playing and singing style.  And, yes, he makes me feel like it's church too.

william251082

true master...

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
he's very flexible, he has released jazz albums like his tribute to louis jordan and his live albums are fantastic

wow, he did a tribute to louis jordan? i didn't know that... :-o

Offline scofield

• Forum Fanatic
wow, he did a tribute to louis jordan? i didn't know that... :-o

correct nyo na lang po ako if im mistaken ah peeps? :-D

title ng album "let the good times roll"

Offline higad

• Philmusicus Addictus

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZdphnL8y0vE

1986 he even won a grammy for a song that has the line "that's why my guitar sings the blues"

not available for my country daw.  :x
Pare1: Pare, bat naman hanggang ngayon wala ka pang syota? wala ka pa<br />bang napupusuan?<br />Pare2: Meron.. Manhid ka lang!<br /><br />heegad.multiply.com

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
huh? panong nangyari yun?

Offline serpentboy

i think real BB can't stand up because of his knee arthritis brought by weight problems hehe...

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
funny boy just came in :-D

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkttttttttoooooooooooooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!![/color][/color]
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
eto nanaman si kaktooz :mrgreen:

Offline Lahed92801

• Philmusicus Addictus
YEAH!!! BB king's phrasing truly is some of the most evocative stuff out there!

itchybrain

Aaaahhh one of my favorite youtube pieces:

Ito naman ang morning prayer ko.  :-D

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
what's a jazz and blues forum without a BB king thread?

i'd say he's a big influence on guitar players in general and blues guitarists in particular......some might say he's also a big influence on blues singers too.

i think he's the bomb! if it weren't for him, no guitar player would ever bend a string....... we would all still be trying to get that slide mastered...some individuals, like poor little me, would fail miserably at slide :-D

so a salute to a father to us all...

all hail the king of BLUES guitar! all hail mister BB KING

hip hip hooray!

jo, d moba napanood yung concert niya d2 sa CCP? ermats pa nga ni butch yun director ng CCP at the time ( God bless her soul ), diba magka banda pa kayo sa Blue Rats nuon? 

anyway, mahaha gilap mo rin yan jan. very seldom nalang siya mag gig, may napanood akong dvd, nag guest pa si jeff beck sa show niya... si Johny Lang, Malupit din bro. punta ka sa Austin, Texas bro. hometown ni Eric Johnson, SRV, Johnny Winter, ZZ Top atbp... lima singko blues guitarist jan bro. God Bless!

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
i wasn't able to watch him in ccp bro....

nakapanood na din ako dito bro.... nangangarap pa din na maka jam si bb... wish ko lang talaga!!! :-D

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Pag-naka-jam mo si BB, sabihin mo sa kanya...

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZ!!!!
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3