hulika

Author Topic: aging rockers  (Read 10671 times)

Offline red_hot

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: aging rockers
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 03:03:36 PM »
Calabao lang ang tumatanda hahahaa

basta pagtumanda na ako balik Fender strat na ulit ako syempre hehehehe
God Of Sin

"Evolution of Dime"   Mic Foam For Sale http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,227373.0.html

Offline eigerdude

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 03:20:04 PM »
I salute you all People who still rocks despite of maturing age....

Offline red_hot

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »
for those about to rock we salute you :-D :-D :-D :-D
God Of Sin

"Evolution of Dime"   Mic Foam For Sale http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,227373.0.html

Offline Edward

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2009, 03:24:32 PM »
I will be a senior citizen soon but I still have my old fogey band, composed mostly of near senior citizens also, play in parties, fund raising activities, etc.  Now that we can afford, it is easy for us to get the equipment we need.  I remember when I was in high school, we normally drool over Fenders, Gibbys, Voxes, etc.; plug all our instruments in one amp.  Now, if there are stuff we want to have, we just whip out our credit cards.  And the Mrs. does not mind anymore.  It's high time we enjoy our lives.  Life is short ... more so with us seniors.  But what is having lots of gear without using them in a gig?  So, we reformed our old high school band and gig.  My son, who is in his teens, is a very good guitar player, a shredder.  Although he is restricted to use my gear right now (I am forced to get him his own stuff), my collection will go to him and his siblings later on.  I believe it's the best way of passing the musical spirit.  As I like fiddling with guitars and stuff, I set up and maintain his guitars.  We share the same interests.  We visit guitar shops together, attend guitar concerts and activities, jam and share guitar stories and read all sorts of guitar magazines.  It is the best way of bonding with the kids.  We make it a family affair.  So, as long as I still got music in me, I would not mind going up the stage, play guitar, gig and rock.  My band jams regularly Fridays, whether we have a gig or not.  It is our outlet - to relieve stress and tensions of work.  We practice, enjoy each others company, fine wine, good food, test gears and do the kind of music we love.  It keeps us young and active, and our families love it.  When you can still do it, keep rockin'!.
Nice! I wish my dad was like you. :-D
夢見

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2009, 03:31:21 PM »
I will be a senior citizen soon but I still have my old fogey band, composed mostly of near senior citizens also, play in parties, fund raising activities, etc.  Now that we can afford, it is easy for us to get the equipment we need.  I remember when I was in high school, we normally drool over Fenders, Gibbys, Voxes, etc.; plug all our instruments in one amp.  Now, if there are stuff we want to have, we just whip out our credit cards.  And the Mrs. does not mind anymore.  It's high time we enjoy our lives.  Life is short ... more so with us seniors.  But what is having lots of gear without using them in a gig?  So, we reformed our old high school band and gig.  My son, who is in his teens, is a very good guitar player, a shredder.  Although he is restricted to use my gear right now (I am forced to get him his own stuff), my collection will go to him and his siblings later on.  I believe it's the best way of passing the musical spirit.  As I like fiddling with guitars and stuff, I set up and maintain his guitars.  We share the same interests.  We visit guitar shops together, attend guitar concerts and activities, jam and share guitar stories and read all sorts of guitar magazines.  It is the best way of bonding with the kids.  We make it a family affair.  So, as long as I still got music in me, I would not mind going up the stage, play guitar, gig and rock.  My band jams regularly Fridays, whether we have a gig or not.  It is our outlet - to relieve stress and tensions of work.  We practice, enjoy each others company, fine wine, good food, test gears and do the kind of music we love.  It keeps us young and active, and our families love it.  When you can still do it, keep rockin'!.

cool!  :mrgreen:

Offline nhojie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2009, 03:36:08 PM »
Calabao lang ang tumatanda hahahaa

basta pagtumanda na ako balik Fender strat na ulit ako syempre hehehehe

Jeff Beck still rocks kahit puro kulubot na...hehehe!! :-D
\\\\\\\"watch a man play for an hour and u can learn more about him than in talking to him for a year\\\\\\\"-PLATO

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2009, 03:37:18 PM »
They still rock despite age! I say they really rock because their girlfriens are almost half their age!!! :-D
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2009, 03:46:40 PM »
rock and roll....its what keeps me young! my adrenalin gets regularly pumped and revitalizes me. so why not?    :-D :-D :-D :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Philippine surgeon shut them all up: "You're all wrong. Philippine Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine... Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable"

Offline raidow

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2009, 05:54:48 PM »
I will be a senior citizen soon but I still have my old fogey band, composed mostly of near senior citizens also, play in parties, fund raising activities, etc.  Now that we can afford, it is easy for us to get the equipment we need.  I remember when I was in high school, we normally drool over Fenders, Gibbys, Voxes, etc.; plug all our instruments in one amp.  Now, if there are stuff we want to have, we just whip out our credit cards.  And the Mrs. does not mind anymore.  It's high time we enjoy our lives.  Life is short ... more so with us seniors.  But what is having lots of gear without using them in a gig?  So, we reformed our old high school band and gig.  My son, who is in his teens, is a very good guitar player, a shredder.  Although he is restricted to use my gear right now (I am forced to get him his own stuff), my collection will go to him and his siblings later on.  I believe it's the best way of passing the musical spirit.  As I like fiddling with guitars and stuff, I set up and maintain his guitars.  We share the same interests.  We visit guitar shops together, attend guitar concerts and activities, jam and share guitar stories and read all sorts of guitar magazines.  It is the best way of bonding with the kids.  We make it a family affair.  So, as long as I still got music in me, I would not mind going up the stage, play guitar, gig and rock.  My band jams regularly Fridays, whether we have a gig or not.  It is our outlet - to relieve stress and tensions of work.  We practice, enjoy each others company, fine wine, good food, test gears and do the kind of music we love.  It keeps us young and active, and our families love it.  When you can still do it, keep rockin'!.

one cool dad... :mrgreen:

sana ganyan din erpats ko.. :-D
aria mac-gothic>>pitchblack>>NG100>>Shredhead>>DD3>>PH3>>Laney LX65r

Offline dimasalang

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2009, 07:26:19 PM »
nung inaway ako ng erpats ko nung sinabi ko na nagbabanda ako.
sabi niya eh tutugtog lang daw ba ako hanggang sa tumanda ako?

sabi ko naman "pa, nakakabata ang pag rarak en rol."

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2009, 12:04:08 AM »
nung inaway ako ng erpats ko nung sinabi ko na nagbabanda ako.
sabi niya eh tutugtog lang daw ba ako hanggang sa tumanda ako?

sabi ko naman "pa, nakakabata ang pag rarak en rol."

ano sabi nya?
The Philippine surgeon shut them all up: "You're all wrong. Philippine Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine... Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable"

Offline dimasalang

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2009, 08:53:07 AM »
ano sabi nya?

tutugtog lang daw ba ako hanggang sa tumanda ako?

=tutugtog ka na lang ba hanggang sa tumanda ka?

Offline obetski

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2009, 04:40:19 PM »

si BB king nga 70 plus na tumutugtog pa.. the great andres segovia.. played until he was 94..
music never stops..

but of course nakakahiya naman kung 50 plus ka na 3 chords pa rin ang alam mo.. at that age, the saying "3 chords and the truth" doesnt apply anymore hahaha
my song that' being aired in Sydney

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2009, 07:53:27 PM »
Metallica
iron Maiden
Sabbath
Juan de la Cruz Band
Rolling Stones

these guys show no signs of aging. They still rock harder than ever. And still continues to show this generation how rock should be done

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2009, 07:58:16 PM »
aiza segera

(is that how you spell 'its' name?)

Offline johnbrown

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2009, 08:27:29 PM »
Rock on ....
But I think mas maganda if versatility takes place to the guitarist when it gets older.
Changing of music style is not bad and applying the old techniques to new ones equals a better total musician.
Cheers :-)

Offline Jejan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »
The Red Hot Chili Peppers are my heroes. That's my greatest influence in guitar playing. I want to do what they said.

In an interview, they said that they're going to make music until they die. But of course, they also fear aging. Good thing that they still have their energy to rock out. :)

I love those guys.

Offline screamingguitars

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2009, 10:38:44 PM »
Being old is only a state of mind...Joe Sat is already in his 50's but still his music is ageless..

Offline chadrobles

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2009, 10:53:39 PM »
Di ko alam san ko nakuha toh...

Age daw is mind over matter....

If you don't mind....

It doesn't matter! :lol:

Offline Jejan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2009, 12:28:39 AM »
Yup. Don't let your age stop you from doing your favorite things.

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2009, 02:33:33 AM »
watch me!

nag-Flanax yata to!!

Offline Jejan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2009, 03:14:45 AM »
watch me!

nag-Flanax yata to!!

Haha nice one. :)

Offline totoysargo

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2009, 03:37:12 PM »
Hanggat Kaya! Dapat lang indahin ang konting difficulties. (rayuma, Arthritis, Osteophorosis?? LOL)
www.myspace.com/lailamusikapilipinas

Itutuwid ko ang landas mo para sakin ka didirecho.! :D  successful transactions:biboymusic, numeroh_unoh, mavsweep, babuboy,, bimbo. metaljables, thirdverse86, kazer08,

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2009, 06:31:06 PM »
watch me!

nag-Flanax yata to!!

wag lang arthro, may side effect, patalikod na lakad mo. tingnan nyo yung commercial hehehe!

Chito

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2009, 09:06:12 AM »
Well you asked. I'm 54 and have a beautiful granddaughter. Here's me playing in the rock cover band I play in with a bunch of friends when we played last August 19. This band gigs about 3 times a year. The other band I play in, is my band Mo Sayk, which will be coming out with a CD this coming spring.