hulika

Author Topic: Laney Amps..  (Read 19854 times)

Offline curvey4ever

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Laney Amps..
« on: April 12, 2007, 01:48:03 PM »
mga sir, ok ba laney na amps? saka pinagpipilian ko ung lx20r or ung lg20r. hanap ko tone versatility. ano kaya mas ok?

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Laney Amps..
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 01:51:54 PM »
Ako merong LG20R ok na ok sya. Bought mine last January lang. Mas makapal ang sound nya compared to a marshall MG15CD, which my bro has.

guiatrist214

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 02:32:50 PM »
Di masyado maganda laney amps in my opinion..suggest ko try mo mag Peavey, Vox, Line 6, Roland and Fender amps. Magaganda ung tunog nila.. :lol:

Offline edgarthewalrus

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 02:38:14 PM »
i have the laney tf3.. ganda ng tunog even with my old korean made guitar.. pinagpipilian ko ito between the peavey bandit 112 ata yun pero eto na pinili ko kasi wala naman stock ng peavey.. and i can say na i made a good choice kahit di ko nasubukan yung peavey kasi i'm very satisfied with it :-D
http://www.hyneriamosssoundscape.wordpress.com
SOLD ITEMS TO foresight, yearling, dread_head, reggaenursenikew, ramnem, child309, dom_pag0ng
BOUGHT ITEMS harkanie27,userzeroone, morphine

Offline danleo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 04:31:47 AM »
There is a Laney LX65R sa Practice Studio wer kami naprapractice and also a Marshall Valvestate 40watts and Peavey 50watts (I forgot wat model un, basta with beautiful high gain disto). I really had a hard time when using the laney amp, I can't get the dirt tone I want with that Laney using my pedals (ZOOM G1, Boston DS and OD). When using high gain disto pedal it makes the tone thin sounding and very sharp as in masakit na sa tenga. Nahihirapan tlga ako sa pag tweak sa EQ niya as for the Marshall and Peavey, their my fave amp sa practice studio na un. Marshall and Peavey are very easy to tweak, I could get the dirt tone I want in just a few mins. But it might just be me and I know someone out there loves the laney and could tweak it easily. Try to check it out and test it na lang sa JB Music baka you might like it. :)
You may say I\'m a dreamer. But I\'m not the only one. I know someday you\'ll join us and the world will live as one...

Offline alroyT

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 06:55:43 AM »
SS Laneys suck bigtime

Offline curvey4ever

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 12:05:08 PM »
oks mga bro, salamat.. baka try ko na muna maghanap ng peavey blazer sa audiophile

Offline SRV

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 01:42:16 PM »
dati maka-laney ako... pero when i tried peavey blazer.. it has more warm tone and more versatile than laney LX20/R or LG20/R... bili ka na lang ng studio pro ng peavey... natry ko un ng isang araw sa studio eh... lahat nandun na.:D hehehe... peavey are more versatile than laney amps... kaya mas marami gumagamit ng peavey eh (even legendary guitarist joe satriani  - JSX series and eddie van halen - peavey 5150)... hehehehe...

blustringah

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 01:53:06 PM »
mas ok ang lg series na laney bro compared sa lx... :-)

Offline pizarro84

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 02:05:36 PM »
Try mo yung ibanez amps (sa audiofile ata yun), may mid contour yun, nababago mo yung frequency ng mid niya kaya sobrang verstile.

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 02:15:26 PM »
mas ok ang lg series na laney bro compared sa lx... :-)

+1,000,000 :-D

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 07:00:29 PM »
SS Laneys suck bigtime

Really sir?Wow i didn`t know that,you should tell that to Paul Gilbert and Mattias Eklundh. :-D
\"My philosophy is: if the product is right, the price is right and you treat your customers the way you want to be treated, the word-of-mouth is faster than <br />the speed of sound!\"<br />(Words from Bill Lawrence)

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 09:50:44 PM »
I used to own a Laney TF50. Yes it sucks at low volume,parang puro treble lang and fizzy. But when i blast the volume past the halfway mark,it sounds really good. Very aggressive, tight bottom end, and notes ring out clear. Btw, my main dirt pedal is an sd2 and i havent tried the amp drive so i cant comment on that.

Offline soulshifter

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 10:29:35 PM »
i have a laney tfx-2 65watt amp,.. so far,.. best amp for me. lalo na if you like playing through the clean channel. tube sha,... so i guess the warmth is there. go for laney tube amps rather than the ss one's,..

ung mga china made na ss hindi masyado maganda as compared to other ss amps. PG uses the uk ones na tube so big difference there if ou're after PG's tone. choosing amps would really depend on your tone and reference to the genre that you play. so safest bet is to try out all the amps for yourself rather than asking around. you might end up regretting buying an amp just because you thought it had good reviews.

same thing with choosing any gear. you have to consider a lot of factors. check the laney amps out. you might like them. after all tenga mo ung ipeplease mo and not other people's ears. if it sounds good to you, then that's a good sign that the amp might be the one you're looking for.

just my two cents...  :-D

Offline edgarthewalrus

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 10:42:41 PM »
i tried the marshall mg series and lx series when i was hunting for an amp.. pero di kami (with my bandmates) nagandahan sa kanila.. so we settled with tfx 3 and we are very satisfied with it, lalo na ako  :mrgreen:
http://www.hyneriamosssoundscape.wordpress.com
SOLD ITEMS TO foresight, yearling, dread_head, reggaenursenikew, ramnem, child309, dom_pag0ng
BOUGHT ITEMS harkanie27,userzeroone, morphine

Offline soryano

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 10:55:23 PM »
SS Laneys suck bigtime

Really sir?Wow i didn`t know that,you should tell that to Paul Gilbert and Mattias Eklundh. :-D

He was referring to SS Laney Amps. I think Paul Gilbert and Mattias Eklundh are using laney tube amps. Correct me if Im wrong.

Offline alroyT

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 04:41:28 AM »
SS Laneys suck bigtime

Well FYI they dont use SS=s o l i d   s t a t e...They use t u b e Laney,comprehende?Read 1st b4 u make a comment  :roll:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 04:45:17 AM by alroyT »

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 05:27:58 AM »
wow, everybody's hostile nowadays. :-D

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 11:59:28 AM »
SS Laneys suck bigtime

He was referring to SS Laney Amps. I think Paul Gilbert and Mattias Eklundh are using laney tube amps. Correct me if Im wrong.

A ok,hindi ksi specified yung snbi nya instead generalized na "Laneys". :-D
\"My philosophy is: if the product is right, the price is right and you treat your customers the way you want to be treated, the word-of-mouth is faster than <br />the speed of sound!\"<br />(Words from Bill Lawrence)

Offline soryano

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 12:20:52 PM »
He did specify. He said solid state laneys, which are different from what Gilbert and Eklundh use. He didn't generalize all Laney amps. Peace!  :-D

SS Laneys suck bigtime

A ok,hindi ksi specified yung snbi nya instead generalized na "Laneys". :-D

Offline Shekoski

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 02:12:19 PM »
Hey, guys. I need some opinions. Would getting a Peavey Valveking+OD trump getting a Laney LV100+fx(1 or 2 pedals)? :-D

Offline spyroghyro

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 02:26:09 PM »
na A/B ko yung Peavey DB 210 vs Laney LC50 sa audiophile sa ali mall, well mas maganda yung clean tone nung Peavey DB 210, so yun ang binili ko kasi im after a good clean tone to think almost the same price sila. Ewan ko lang kung available pa siya.

Offline Shekoski

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2007, 02:29:25 PM »
Really? The LC50 kasi is more of a classic rock-voiced amp kasi. Good choice, though. :-D

Offline acousticky14

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 03:54:19 PM »
imo, ok nman laney amps... cheaper pa kaysa sa peavey and marshall amps.. dmi na ako napuntahan na gigs un ung amp nila.. swabe nman ung sound..

Offline fingertapper1

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 05:28:26 PM »
Ibanez and TAMA drums are the coolest... all day and all night! Ibanez and Laney amps are the coolest... all day and all night! Ibanez and Laney amps last forever... all day and all night!