hulika

Author Topic: Site Upgrade *merged*  (Read 107979 times)

Offline greenweenie

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Suggestion sa Anything Goes post counts to be disable
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2008, 03:02:34 PM »
then try to suggest that on AGT so you will be heard....

Thats not the forum to post suggestions on :-D

Offline SCREWER

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2008, 03:07:03 PM »
Thats not the forum to post suggestions on :-D
at least everyone will know...then we'll find out how many serious guys like you we have on philmusic that thinks so differently...like you..I mean...die hard.. :-D
Stop using Jesus as an excuse for being a narrow-minded, bigoted a-hole.

Offline greenweenie

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2008, 03:09:50 PM »
at least everyone will know...then we'll find out how many serious guys like you we have on philmusic that thinks so differently...like you..I mean...die hard.. :-D

Wow. Mukhang tinamaan ka masyado dun. Kaya nga suggestions hindi demand. Pero mukhang natamaan nga kita. But I won't apologize.

So wait, yung statement mo, walang serious guys sa Philmusic? Mga mods hindi sila serious?

I have 1 or 2 threads that I post on in AGT but I posted on those thread when it was still in Guitar Central before it got moved. Haven't posted there since because I noticed that among all the sub-forums here, its the slowest to load and gets the most errors. Even more than any of the classifieds. So either we take away the AGT, or upgrade to better servers, or we archive everything from page 4 and above to save space.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2008, 03:18:46 PM »
hindi na nga gumagalaw ung # of posts ko pag nag-reply ako sa AGT.  :-D

@greenweenie,

you have a good point man...but i think taking out the whole Anything Goes (along with Food Trip, Movies, etc.) is a little too extreme.  these forums add variety to PhilMusic.  it may also act as a medium for friendships and connections to be established.  however, you are right about archiving.  the nonmoving threads should be deleted already.  can the mods set a limit on how long a thread has been idle before deleting it?  :-)

@SCREWER,

don't be sore now that your posts in AGT will not be counted.  pansin ko kasi isa ka sa mga very active sa AGT eh.  i myself am active sa AGT but i see greenweenie's point.  don't make unnecessary comments.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline SCREWER

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2008, 03:20:16 PM »
Wow. Mukhang tinamaan ka masyado dun. Kaya nga suggestions hindi demand. Pero mukhang natamaan nga kita. But I won't apologize.

So wait, yung statement mo, walang serious guys sa Philmusic? Mga mods hindi sila serious?

I have 1 or 2 threads that I post on in AGT but I posted on those thread when it was still in Guitar Central before it got moved. Haven't posted there since because I noticed that among all the sub-forums here, its the slowest to load and gets the most errors. Even more than any of the classifieds. So either we take away the AGT, or upgrade to better servers, or we archive everything from page 4 and above to save space.
ndi naman tinamaan...just had a time to read that unfriendly suggestion...i mean ngayon pa...people there are having fun..a suggestion to minimize nonsense threads would be better but not removal...if you know what i mean...
again from endshift: "but looking at another school of thought, it gives the idea that musicians should focus their discussions solely on music-related topics, anything else aside from music be damned.  IMHO, i find this a bit too serious a concept, and, dare i say, boring"

kaya ndi kita masyado nakikita dun..maybe iba ka nga...again you know how they would react with your suggestion right?

Offline SCREWER

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2008, 03:27:51 PM »
hindi na nga gumagalaw ung # of posts ko pag nag-reply ako sa AGT.  :-D

@greenweenie,

you have a good point man...but i think taking out the whole Anything Goes (along with Food Trip, Movies, etc.) is a little too extreme.  these forums add variety to PhilMusic.  it may also act as a medium for friendships and connections to be established.  however, you are right about archiving.  the nonmoving threads should be deleted already.  can the mods set a limit on how long a thread has been idle before deleting it?  :-)

@SCREWER,

don't be sore now that your posts in AGT will not be counted.  pansin ko kasi isa ka sa mga very active sa AGT eh.  i myself am active sa AGT but i see greenweenie's point.  don't make unnecessary comments.
I'm not worried about those post counts...I suggest they could just put the registry date below the username...i think that's enough for what they call social power...I don't join every thread as well... :-)...

Offline greenweenie

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2008, 03:32:24 PM »
ndi naman tinamaan...just had a time to read that unfriendly suggestion...i mean ngayon pa...people there are having fun..a suggestion to minimize nonsense threads would be better but not removal...if you know what i mean...
again from endshift: "but looking at another school of thought, it gives the idea that musicians should focus their discussions solely on music-related topics, anything else aside from music be damned.  IMHO, i find this a bit too serious a concept, and, dare i say, boring"

kaya ndi kita masyado nakikita dun..maybe iba ka nga...again you know how they would react with your suggestion right?

I dare AGT to minimize pointless threads.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2008, 03:46:18 PM »
I'm not worried about those post counts...I suggest they could just put the registry date below the username...i think that's enough for what they call social power...I don't join every thread as well... :-)...

good point on the registry date.  :-)

Offline greenweenie

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2008, 04:10:02 PM »
Lol @ forum seniority.

The only people I see as seniors in forums are the mods and the owners themselves. Everyone else is equal. But I really hate newbies who use the excuse "noob lang po eh".

Offline rockizta123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2008, 05:25:38 PM »
disabling the post count sa Anything Goes is no big deal... go on :-D

tama, ragnarok mentality, pataasan ng level...

well, WRONG!, this is NOT an ONLINE GAME, its an ONLINE FORUM... grow up!... :/

Offline gracev15

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2008, 08:35:28 PM »
Ops, ayaw madelete mga threads nya..haha. hindi ba nawawala na yong iba??

If AG forums  will be abolished then I have to take music seriously..haha.. lyrics ?? no, i mean doing my own compo then I will publish them.. I hope not so busy to deal with it..and also have to learn to play guitar and keyboard...just to enjoy this site w/o AG or total absence after endorsing...another person-oriented website with chat and webcam options.

I think it's really harsh to delete the AG forums at once, especially the Movies Movies Movies or AGT.. Im not a fan of relationship forum anymore.. lost appetite.. I think I have another website for that...err..friendster perhaps.. classic but boring..NO.. other.

Remove AG for good??..then I think this site will have less downtime, traffic and members..less war and more GAS deals since  would-be remaining members will focus on music-related topics so maybe the benefits will be highly appreciated.

On the contrary, AG is the melting pot where musicians and listeners mingle to discuss non-music related topics. like  ice-breaker and breathing space for congested minds and exhausted limbs..i think thats negative, haha.. have to say brilliant and enthusiastic elements to converge ingredients from different/similar  fields.
then try to suggest that on AGT so you will be heard....
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:25:19 PM by gracev15 »

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2008, 08:40:56 PM »
whoa...easy lang kayo mga parekoy...

yes, i've already adjusted to AGT post counts being disabled.  dami ngang mga forumites dyan na ginagawa nilang pampataas ng post count ang AGT, so disabling post counts on AGT discourages this practice...that's all well and good...

but yes indeed, taking out the whole anything goes forum is way too extreme.  again, we are musicians in our after-hours time, so talking solely about music on these forums is pretty much like a lawyer speaking legalese with his wife and kids when he gets home for dinner.  we musicians have lives too outside of our craft...we have girlfriends, wives, families, friends, co-workers, classmates, and outside interests that deserve a separate forum for discussion and sharing.  then there's the concept of networking...and friendship between musicians that are fostered, especially in AGT...
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline emersonic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »
Honestly, I do post mostly at AGT. It's really funny and you cope up with new ideas (outside the world of being a musician) and gained a lot  of friends. Well, It doesn't matter if the posts are not counted or credited for that forum or for any forum perhaps. As long as you’ve enjoyed it and being part of it. But.. are you guys here only for the sake of having higher post? To bully new forum members? Hmmm.. Although some threads are lame and none sense.. Reality Bites.. Yet It's Fun. I know it causes forum traffic or downtimes (sometimes). But I Strongly believed that our beloved mods are doing a great job regarding this matter.
 Simply, AGT creates the other side of me aside from being a musician.  :-)
"Semi Charmed Life"

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »

Simply, AGT creates the other side of me aside from being a musician.  :-)

+111111 to that.   :-D
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Lower the time between posts
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2008, 10:29:00 AM »
feedback from mods?

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2008, 12:38:40 AM »
I dare AGT to minimize pointless threads.

all that forum needs is another mod who's more iron-fisted than the current ones, and i really mean iron-fisted. :-D

and yeah, deleting everything from, maybe, page20 above won't even be noticed by the AGT residents.

Offline emersonic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2008, 02:42:55 AM »
all that forum needs is another mod who's more iron-fisted than the current ones, and i really mean iron-fisted. :-D

They are bro. Fair and Balance is what they are implementing. Alam nila ang tama at mali sir..  :-)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 02:45:00 AM by emersonic »
"Semi Charmed Life"

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2008, 04:17:42 AM »
I suggest they could just put the registry date below the username...

i definitely agree with this.

suggestion:

1.tanggaling ang post count.
2.tanggalin ang status na "philmusic addictus", "newbie", "forum fanatic", etc.
3.dapat MOD lang ang may status.

-- IMO, if thats implemented, that will prevent future members of PM who thinks its all about status/count of posts OR oldies here that thinks every new member here posts because they want to UP their status!

removing the whole AGT forum is not a good suggestion! its here because it has a purpose and everyone knows that! otherwise, why would the owner of this site put that specific forum?  :-)

BTW, another suggestion. automatically delete threads after being IDLE for, say three months?  :-)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 04:29:28 AM by hunk0429 »

Offline michiko.airashii

• i'm a girl
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2008, 07:39:37 AM »
we can't delete those threads.

don't delete threads en masse - for one, the messages in the forum are "legacy" content, googleable and part of our "long tail" of inventory for ad banners.

Secondly, if you do a lot deletions we need to compact the databases. That might lead to downtime.

jim

also, when we became a member of Philmusic, all of those post counts, status etc. were already there. we need to adjust to the site and not the site to us.

IMHO.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2008, 08:59:26 AM »

That being the case, I think you should run for our next president, then see what happens.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2008, 10:07:37 AM »
That being the case, I think you should run for our next president, then see what happens.

:lol:

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2008, 01:53:06 PM »
this suggestion is good.

but then again, if this happens, magwawala ang mga i-have-more-than-a-thousand-post-that-means-i'm-more-intelligent-than-you-are personalities.
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline Jim Ayson

« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2008, 10:49:35 PM »
Ok done - as suggested, post counts are disabled, but only for "Anything Goes Talaga."  Let's see how this goes as an experiment in social modification.  :evil:
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline Jim Ayson

Re: Lower the time between posts
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2008, 10:51:59 PM »
I hear ya - SMF has so many options I don't know how to do that yet  :mrgreen:
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2008, 05:39:06 PM »

oo, tapos magrereklamo ang mga balat-sibuyas dito, lol.

trust me, adding an iron fisted mod won't work, been there, sa dami ba naman ng uber sensitive dito eh hahahaha.

Ok done - as suggested, post counts are disabled, but only for "Anything Goes Talaga."  Let's see how this goes as an experiment in social modification.  :evil:

nice, sana maging ganito rin sa classifieds, since wala namang discussion dapat sa classifieds.
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"