hulika

Author Topic: biggest misconceptions about guitar playing/pedal using/effects choosing?  (Read 82218 times)

Offline DiMarzSiao™

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: biggest misconceptions about guitar playing/pedal using/effects choosing?
« Reply #600 on: September 03, 2012, 08:30:59 PM »
Sabi ng music teacher ko mag-umpisa muna sa guitar without any effects kasi ang mga nag-aaral ng lead sa DISTORTION agad eh bingi at hindi makatutugtog ng wala nito.

pwede din naman lagyan ng distortion ang acoustic guitar,..
also, ang electric guitar ay hindi laging may distortion.

ayaw lang sa maingay ng music teacher mo brads.  :-D

ako kasi., sa electric guitar nag aral mag gitara. hindi naman ako nabingi., at nakakatugtog naman ako kahit walang distortion. :wink:

← ʍɐʎıɥ

boypickup

« Reply #601 on: September 03, 2012, 08:43:39 PM »
pwede din naman lagyan ng distortion ang acoustic guitar,..
also, ang electric guitar ay hindi laging may distortion.

ayaw lang sa maingay ng music teacher mo brads.  :-D

ako kasi., sa electric guitar nag aral mag gitara. hindi naman ako nabingi., at nakakatugtog naman ako kahit walang distortion. :wink:

Siguro. Sa opinyon ko, mas nagustuhan ko ang acoustic guitar nang magkaroon na ako ng electric guitar. Bukod sa magaan, tingin ko mas pogi ang may hawak ng acoustic guitar habang kumakanta kasi parang DOWN TO EARTH style kung baga.

Offline barnyardhobo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #602 on: September 03, 2012, 09:29:40 PM »
na-notice ko lang....misconception!!! good gear does NOT mean that you can play...or even be PART of a band...ang dami dyan... :-D

my own opinion lang.

walang magagalit.

peace!!!
twelve measures...three chords...infinite possibilities.

Offline dennis22opina

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #603 on: September 04, 2012, 12:02:16 AM »
Sabi ng music teacher ko mag-umpisa muna sa guitar without any effects kasi ang mga nag-aaral ng lead sa DISTORTION agad eh bingi at hindi makatutugtog ng wala nito.

actually I think that the biggest misconception of all is that a beginner should start on an acoustic guitar. It's harder to play on an acoustic. higher action, thicker string gauges therefore harder to string bend and more painful in the fingers (especially for a beginner with no callouses on the fingertips)  . If the loud noise and distortion is the issue, get an electric guitar play it clean (without any distortion) and turn down the volume of the amp or better yet, wear ear protection (which I think is always a must). Another thing is that because of the electric guitar is easier on the hands of the player, it may actually encourage a begginer to learn the guitar more. Just my 2 cents..Peace.. :-D

Offline rtf_axeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #604 on: September 04, 2012, 12:17:19 AM »

preference lang yan, wala naman global rule na kailangan acoustic muna, pero usually sa acoustic ka nga una matututo kasi un ang karaniwang available, pero that doesnt mean na "kailangan" na sa acoustic ka una matuto.

Siguro. Sa opinyon ko, mas nagustuhan ko ang acoustic guitar nang magkaroon na ako ng electric guitar. Bukod sa magaan, tingin ko mas pogi ang may hawak ng acoustic guitar habang kumakanta kasi parang DOWN TO EARTH style kung baga.

kasi nga country player ka sabi mo, preference lang talaga. :)

actually I think that the biggest misconception of all is that a beginner should start on an acoustic guitar. It's harder to play on an acoustic. higher action, thicker string gauges therefore harder to string bend and more painful in the fingers (especially for a beginner with no callouses on the fingertips)  . If the loud noise and distortion is the issue, get an electric guitar play it clean (without any distortion) and turn down the volume of the amp or better yet, wear ear protection (which I think is always a must). Another thing is that because of the electric guitar is easier on the hands of the player, it may actually encourage a begginer to learn the guitar more. Just my 2 cents..Peace.. :-D

+1

Offline cheddar

Offline IncX

« Reply #606 on: September 04, 2012, 11:46:08 PM »
big misconception: you can only own hi-end guitars if you are very rich.

fact: you can own hi-end guitars if you dont buy a car, or do something stupid like get married early. oh, it is of course assuming you are working a decent job.

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #607 on: September 04, 2012, 11:58:38 PM »

fact: you can own hi-end guitars if you dont buy a car, or do something stupid like get married early. oh, it is of course assuming you are working a decent job.

YES
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline dennis22opina

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #608 on: September 05, 2012, 12:10:06 AM »

definitely agree.. :razz:

Offline denden009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #609 on: September 05, 2012, 12:16:00 AM »

+1000000000000000   :lol:

Offline neicon27

« Reply #610 on: September 06, 2012, 05:24:50 PM »

Big misconception = marunong ka na sa pag naka power chords ka. 

This is where  I think you missed the music teacher's idea when he said to start out on acoustic guitars.  although meron iba na kahit acoustic na nga ang gamit ,  naka-power chords pa din. And if you were starting out on learning the guitar why would you need to bend the strings?  CHORDS, CHORDS, CHORDS!!!!

-- acoustic guitars have higher action --  kung di mo ipapa-adjust sa luthier.

eto pa isang misconception  --  pag marunong ka mag "Lead"  magaling ka.

try mo pumoste ng rhythm na masarap at pilit mong pupunuan yung kulang sa kanta para walang butas ang tunog niyo. Admittedly I am bad at this. and it's just recently that I found out how important rhythm playing is.  kaya CHORDS, CHORDS, CHORDS!

"Learn the rules before you break them.  That way you'd know if your breaking them right."

Offline dennis22opina

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #611 on: September 06, 2012, 06:56:30 PM »

Big misconception = marunong ka na sa pag naka power chords ka. 

This is where  I think you missed the music teacher's idea when he said to start out on acoustic guitars.  although meron iba na kahit acoustic na nga ang gamit ,  naka-power chords pa din. And if you were starting out on learning the guitar why would you need to bend the strings?  CHORDS, CHORDS, CHORDS!!!!

-- acoustic guitars have higher action --  kung di mo ipapa-adjust sa luthier.

eto pa isang misconception  --  pag marunong ka mag "Lead"  magaling ka.

try mo pumoste ng rhythm na masarap at pilit mong pupunuan yung kulang sa kanta para walang butas ang tunog niyo. Admittedly I am bad at this. and it's just recently that I found out how important rhythm playing is.  kaya CHORDS, CHORDS, CHORDS!

so ibig mo bang sabihin e pang chords lang ang acoustic? di ba pwedeng magchords sa electric?  :-\ what you can learn on an acoustic, you can also learn on an electric and vice versa (except extreme techniques like divebombing etc..), only its easier on the electric guitar. Why? because the electric guitar was designed to have easy playability, most have thinner body, lower action and lower string tension. So if you're a begginer (no callous on fingertips) where would you benefit more? It's a fact (at least for me) that you can practice longer on an electric compared to an acoustic before your fingertips hurt. again, just my 2 cents.. :-\

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #612 on: September 06, 2012, 09:51:50 PM »
There's a misconception that to be a good guitarist, you need to learn how to play awesome licks and riffs. This is a misconception. To be a good guitarist, one has to be a good listener first. Continuous guitar practice should always go at par with good ear training.
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline nicoalfredo

« Reply #613 on: September 11, 2012, 09:55:11 AM »
Misconception: Ano ba yang tunog na yan, sakit sa tenga  :cry:
God bless!