hulika

Author Topic: Let's celebrate a Blue Xmas!  (Read 16390 times)

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Let's celebrate a Blue Xmas!
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2006, 10:12:38 PM »
ho hum... another fun blues gig... :roll: :roll: :roll:

hoy magpasalubong ka!

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2006, 01:17:24 AM »
Pero, really, the honor was ours, Jim.  Your fills and syncopations were awesome.  Halos mapahinto ako mid-song.  At ang dali makipag-"amuyan" sa yo. 

Editor's Note: In the event that someone reading this might think that Mr. Slim has developed the olfactory prowess of a hound dawg, rest assured he is probably actually referring to the cues (often purely visual) that musicians give each other in the context of a jam so you know where the song stops, ends, who solos, and the whole "kita kita na lang tayo sa dulo" vibe so the audience thinks you actually rehearsed the darn thing.  It's something not easily taught - possibly an instinct only developed over years of jamming with complete strangers.

Or so we think.

Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2006, 02:45:10 AM »
ho hum... another fun blues gig... :roll: :roll: :roll:

hoy magpasalubong ka!
onga!!! bili kayo jan tas salubungin nyo ako ng regalo sa airport! mas mura dyan e.

i was at 1 out of only 3 music stores in warsaw kanina. nakapag test ng od3 (ulit). around 6k. mas mahal pa pala dito. sa frankfurt naman nakakita ako ng maliit na hohner blues harp for my little girl, 32 euro. and a big one for me, in C, for 26euro. so dapat lahat ng songs namin transpose na to C.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2006, 03:29:52 AM »
Pero, really, the honor was ours, Jim.  Your fills and syncopations were awesome.  Halos mapahinto ako mid-song.  At ang dali makipag-"amuyan" sa yo. 

Editor's Note: In the event that someone reading this might think that Mr. Slim has developed the olfactory prowess of a hound dawg, rest assured he is probably actually referring to the cues (often purely visual) that musicians give each other in the context of a jam so you know where the song stops, ends, who solos, and the whole "kita kita na lang tayo sa dulo" vibe so the audience thinks you actually rehearsed the darn thing.  It's something not easily taught - possibly an instinct only developed over years of jamming with complete strangers.

Or so we think.

ah ganun pala yun!!! i was under the impression na kaya maasim yung guitar face ni slim is meron syang naaamoy. i fart frequently onstage  :-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2006, 10:15:27 AM »

Or so we think.

Hehe...  +1  :-D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 10:40:40 AM by deltaslim »

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2006, 12:31:13 PM »

i was at 1 out of only 3 music stores in warsaw kanina. nakapag test ng od3 (ulit). around 6k. mas mahal pa pala dito. sa frankfurt naman nakakita ako ng maliit na hohner blues harp for my little girl, 32 euro. and a big one for me, in C, for 26euro. so dapat lahat ng songs namin transpose na to C.

Wow you really are in Warsaw! I traced your IP to the Hotel Jan III Sobieski. Secret mission ba yan para sa CIA?  :mrgreen:

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2006, 01:03:56 PM »
Nate never lies. He only embellishes.  :-D 

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2006, 06:39:04 AM »
Wow you really are in Warsaw! I traced your IP to the Hotel Jan III Sobieski. Secret mission ba yan para sa CIA?  :mrgreen:
aww... you had to trace my IP to believe me? where is the love man? :-D kidding. i was sent here by the company last nov27 for training. balik ko sa 21. sayang wala nang gig nun. :-D :-D

Nate never lies. He only embellishes.  :-D 
thats right. delta slim does the lying. i embellish his lies. :-D :-D

dont you lie to me baby
dont you lie to me
ya see it makes me mad
and i get as evil as a man can be

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2006, 06:42:07 AM »
aww... you had to trace my IP to believe me? where is the love man? :-D kidding. i was sent here by the company last nov27 for training. balik ko sa 21. sayang wala nang gig nun. :-D :-D

Oh not that I didn't believe you, I was mystified by the original remark - anyway, I routinely trace everyone IPs - as I know Blue Buddah posts from a MyDSL Pro account and Delta used PLDT Vibe. what are admins for anyway? Or more to the point - what are we in power for? hehe

Frankfurt seems to be a more heavy duty music city. In 2002 I hitched a ride with Yupangco and attended the Musik Messe trade show in Frankfurt. Can you imagine 3 music instrument exhibit halls as big as SM Megamall? Namm could fit in a tiny corner.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 06:43:31 AM by JimAyson »

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2006, 07:45:23 AM »
Oh not that I didn't believe you, I was mystified by the original remark - anyway, I routinely trace everyone IPs - as I know Blue Buddah posts from a MyDSL Pro account and Delta used PLDT Vibe. what are admins for anyway? Or more to the point - what are we in power for? hehe

Frankfurt seems to be a more heavy duty music city. In 2002 I hitched a ride with Yupangco and attended the Musik Messe trade show in Frankfurt. Can you imagine 3 music instrument exhibit halls as big as SM Megamall? Namm could fit in a tiny corner.
:-D i was kidding (as usual). i hate frankfurt. pero only because i lost my phone there. and got stuck at the airport and had to sleep on the airport benches overnight (thick fog over warsaw when i first tried to fly in). pero there's this shop there that sells blues harps. yun ang pasalubong ko sa little girl ko. she's a harmonica nut and there's this baby blues harp i think she'll like.

warsaw is nice. krakow is better. looks exactly like the europe you see in the movies. hard not to walk around on the cobblestone streets and not think "bourne... jason bourne..." :-D :-D

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2006, 07:48:36 AM »
...thanks to Johnny's workhorse Roland for saving the bass players' asses. :-D

Anytime.  I'm just glad it held up!  See you next gig.   :-)
Imagine a world without bass...

Offline rakrakan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2006, 01:12:09 PM »
nice gig yun ah. we caught photos and videos of Soul Benders, Blue Rats and Snakecharmer.

some photos to of the Blue Xmas gig.

will try to upload some videos today, too.

MALIGAYANG PASKO mga blues brothers.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 02:54:25 PM by rakrakan »

Offline kahel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2006, 04:39:45 PM »
it so easy to fall in love with a lady who sings the blues... coz they sound so sexy!!! :mrgreen:

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2006, 04:48:50 PM »
oh yes they are!

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2006, 05:02:07 PM »
will try to upload some videos today, too.

3beers! 3beers! :-D

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2006, 03:29:06 AM »
+3+3+3.....beers.  :-D

We're all dying to see evidence of 3beers' Milli Vanilli / Joe Cocker impersonation. The panel on this thread will judge whether there was in fact singing going on by 3beers or Snakecharmer did it all by themselves.  :lol:

Offline rakrakan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2006, 10:03:18 AM »
alright guys here are some videos. Di ko pa nagawan ng storya to post on Rakrakan site kaya direct links to Youtube muna.

Blue Rats Treat Her Right

Soul Benders Eveyday I Have the Blues

Snakecharmer with 3beers

blues power!

enjoy. :D

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2006, 01:06:03 PM »
thanks Gerry!!! :-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2006, 02:53:24 PM »
uy thanks sa vids gerry!  halatang bagong bili yung santa hat ko... ang tigas pa!

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2006, 05:14:29 PM »
 :-D :-D :-D

ngayon ko lang napansin yung sigs ni joric and zann... pareho pala ng pangangailangan... except kami di namin kailangan maghanap ng keyboard player kasi pag nakahanap na ang snakecharmer, hihiramin/susulitin na lang namin.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2006, 05:48:24 PM »

ngayon ko lang napansin yung sigs ni joric and zann... pareho pala ng pangangailangan... except kami di namin kailangan maghanap ng keyboard player kasi pag nakahanap na ang snakecharmer, hihiramin/susulitin na lang namin.

ssshhhh!!!!   :-D

Offline rakrakan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2006, 07:04:21 PM »
sayang din si Roneil, uma-astig na ang keyboard playing nya - may attitude na ang licks - lumalaban na nga sa jamming eh. big loss din to both Snakecharmer and Firebottle. Work sucks talaga - istorbo sa banda - hehehe... ;)

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2006, 12:23:10 AM »
alright guys here are some videos. Di ko pa nagawan ng storya to post on Rakrakan site kaya direct links to Youtube muna.

Blue Rats Treat Her Right

Soul Benders Eveyday I Have the Blues

Snakecharmer with 3beers

blues power!

enjoy. :D

Rakrakan -- great videos! But the one of 3beers with Snakecharmer takes the cake!!! Not only was the band sounding great and tasty, but that's positive proof that the lip syncing skills of the Milli Vanilli dudes and the spastic neurons of Joe Cocker do indeed exist in one person....  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2006, 08:40:06 AM »
More vids... Soul Benders jamming with Dr Ted Nikoloff (Houserockers) and PhilMusic big brother  Jim Ayson!   :-D

Note: Sorry for the very dark areas in the video. Ang dilim nung isang side ng stage and my small handheld vidcam doesn't shoot well in the dark.  Ok naman ang audio e. :-)

Offline whitey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2006, 11:31:06 PM »
Okay after very little deliberating  and beyond a shadow of a doubt 3 beers wins hands downs for his Oscar performance singing the legends of rock,  "The Rolling Stones" You Can'y Always Get What You Want"  with Snakecharmer and giving Milli Vanilli a run for their money. What more can be said? The man has no morals or scruples but plenty of balls, BIG BALLS, VERY BIG BALLS!!! Butch you make life worth living. All hail 3 beers!!!!